Red Dwarf

Smeg

I have seen very little of this show, but I liked what I saw. I just remember liking this one character who was an alter ego of a main character, who I believe was named "Rimmer". He said something like "fry me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas" and was really heroic. I found him funny. I also found Chriton quite funny. Still, I have a very poor memory of this show, and I'm kind of grasping for things to say about it. I should watch it again.

{Adama}

The whole point of Red Dwarf was not the props, effects or acting. It was the characters and how they interacted.

For example, Lister's undying hatred of Rimmer; Kryten's similar hatred of Rimmer (which he could never say because of his programming); the Cat's lack of empathy for all the others; and Rimmer's utter smeg-headedness. That is what the comedy was based on.

Also, the characters were well fleshed out, with proper backstories. Lister's upbringing in Liverpool; Rimmer's rather torturous childhood; the Cat's lost people, who used Lister's laundry list as the basis of their Bible; Kryten's long time alone in space causing him to break his programming; and Ace Rimmer's similar, but much more successful career.

There's a reason Red Dwarf is one of the BBC's most successful comedies...it was simple and funny. It's a lot better than most series on television today.

I have seen very little of this show' date=' but I liked what I saw. I just remember liking this one character who was an alter ego of a main character, who I believe was named "Rimmer". He said something like "fry me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas" and was really heroic. I found him funny. I also found Chriton quite funny. Still, I have a very poor memory of this show, and I'm kind of grasping for things to say about it. I should watch it again.

{Adama}

[/quote']

Ace Rimmer is the most awesome character ever. What a guy!

Also' date=' the characters were well fleshed out, with proper backstories.

[/quote']

Although there were a few continuity errors, like Lister alternating between being a pantheist and being an atheist depending on what was convenient for the writers... but if you weren't too busy laughing to care, then you don't deserve to be watching this, wot wot?

Archived