Fortune Ladies

Firey is just a worse GB Murmillo.

A Ring of Destruction that gives you a monster is bad?

RoD is a splashable' date=' chainable Trap.

Firey [u']usually[/u] doesn't work as a chainable Trap, and certainly isn't splashable.

Firey is actually better than Murmillo since it targets facedowns and inflict damage...

Other than that they follow the same criteria of being useless without his archetype to support them.

Firey [u']usually[/u] doesn't work as a chainable Trap, and certainly isn't splashable.

Earthy is just a beatstick that is outclassed by many Synchros.

Earthy can be Summoned by Lighty' date=' whereas Synchros cannot. [/b']

And many Synchros can be Special Summoned way easier; with Rescue Cat or Diva.

Windy is only better than Breaker when used in combination with the above cards.

That might be because they're an archetype' date=' and are supposed to be used together, silly.[/b']

Before this sentence, I was stating that the previous cards in the Archetype weren't that good. If I'm saying that it's only good when used in combination with those cards, then it suggests that I wouldn't run it.

Darky has absolutely no use unless used with the above cards.

Again' date=' archetype.[/b']

Again, you've got to use it with the previously stated cards, and I said that they aren't too good.

It's Watery that makes all of this interesting. Looks like we have a new Disk Commander.

Fortune Monarchs ftw?

To quote you' date=' Watery has no use outside Fortune Ladies. It needs another Lady to get the draw working. Then again, it's an archetype.[/b']

This is where I'm coming to the point.

Watery's effect is so great that it might even be worth it to run it, in combination with (part of) the rest of the Archetype, because Watery's effect is so useful.

Firey: It's effect is identical to that of RoD's, except that you don't take any damage and you're given a free monster. The unusualness of Firey is what makes it balanced and therefore good; had it been splashable it would've been leaning towards ban:

When this card is Special Summoned, destroy 1 monster on the field and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's ATK.

Windy: What you don't see is that the cards in this archetype are good-not-great when run as an archetype and not splashed into other decks.

Darky: Same as above.

Watery: This is where your statements begin to contradict themselves. Good cards shouldn't be run with bad cards, and now they should?

Earthy is just a beatstick that is outclassed by many Synchros.

Earthy can be Summoned by Lighty' date=' whereas Synchros cannot. [/b']

And many Synchros can be Special Summoned way easier; with Rescue Cat or Diva.

Windy is only better than Breaker when used in combination with the above cards.

That might be because they're an archetype' date=' and are supposed to be used together, silly.[/b']

Before this sentence, I was stating that the previous cards in the Archetype weren't that good. If I'm saying that it's only good when used in combination with those cards, then it suggests that I wouldn't run it.

Darky has absolutely no use unless used with the above cards.

Again' date=' archetype.[/b']

Again, you've got to use it with the previously stated cards, and I said that they aren't too good.

It's Watery that makes all of this interesting. Looks like we have a new Disk Commander.

Fortune Monarchs ftw?

To quote you' date=' Watery has no use outside Fortune Ladies. It needs another Lady to get the draw working. Then again, it's an archetype.[/b']

This is where I'm coming to the point.

Watery's effect is so great that it might even be worth it to run it, in combination with (part of) the rest of the Archetype, because Watery's effect is so useful.

Firey: It's effect is identical to that of RoD's, except that you don't take any damage and you're given a free monster. The unusualness of Firey is what makes it balanced and therefore good; had it been splashable it would've been leaning towards ban:

When this card is Special Summoned, destroy 1 monster on the field and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the destroyed monster's ATK.

Windy: What you don't see is that the cards in this archetype are good-not-great when run as an archetype and not splashed into other decks.

Darky: Same as above.

Watery: This is where your statements begin to contradict themselves. Good cards shouldn't be run with bad cards, and now they should?

a good enough card can make the play of worse card possible if it's good enough.

Archived