Chronicles of Twilight - New cards added

Dairuga

lol' date=' Probably just laziness XD, I mean, I'm lazy myself, but not THAT Lazy XD.

lol, Well it seems you thought right XD.

[/quote']

Hehe, and thank you for that =) Now I finally feel like I have the OCG under control =)

Hehe ^^; Yeah, I tried to make every card as balanced as possible (well, perhaps except for 3 of my cards ^^; WHich I wanted to be a little good, try to spot them, lol =P) since I am pretty tired of people that makes cards that has effects like "This card cannot be destroyed in battle" and having no restrictions, and suchlike. Or, they give the card 3000+ ATK without hesitating. It seems like there are too few creators out there that knows how to create cards around a quota (for the lack of a better word).

The most common excuse is that: The creators are new so it's natural that their cards are overpowered, the are restricted to a few specific decks, so it's okay that they are overpowered, since they are only ovrepowered in a couple of decks, or I like them the way they are.

And what is ticking me of a little, is all the users on this site that goes "Oh, nice cards! 9/10!" and is seemingly oblivious to the fact that some of the cards doesn't even fit in the "Realistic Cards" part of the forum.

So, umm, yeah. Sorry for my little rant ^^; And thank you for not being lazy =D

lol, The OCG is hard to actually get control of for a little while, So I get what ya mean XD.

Balance is another hard thing to do, Especially with my Vampire World cards, as Vampires are powerful IMO, and making them weak, Is sorta hard to do,

Speaking of, I gotta make some more cards soon XD.

lol' date=' The OCG is hard to actually get control of for a little while, So I get what ya mean XD.

Balance is another hard thing to do, Especially with my Vampire World cards, as Vampires are powerful IMO, and making them weak, Is sorta hard to do,

Speaking of, I gotta make some more cards soon XD.

[/quote']

Well, yeah ^^; And now I know much that I didn't know on beforehand =D

Yes, Balancing cards is hard ^^; But It helps if you can ask yourself, "Imagine yourself playing against them, How will you win?" If you can't come up with a solution, then the cards isn't balanced.

Hmm. lesse... as an example. A 3400 ATK monster that gets 500 ATK per turn, has trample, and that is unnaffected by spell cards, for example. That's an example of a typical overpowered cards, unless it has some serious limitations. I generally frown upon cards that has higher than 3000 ATK (Well, BEWD was a vanilla, and other cards with 3000 atk has either had a serious hard time hitting the field, or something like that), and coupled with trample, just for the heck of it is, is something that people don't realize can be game-breaking.

Also, people often go: "That card has no kind of protection, ergo, it's BAD!", and that leads other people to create cards that have unneccessary protection. Cards that are already this powerful, should not fall under the category: "hard to destroy".

Soo, umm, sorry for the rant ^^; Again ^^; As I said, if you want to balance the cards, imagine that you should duel against them, and have a chance at winning, or make the cards match other cards. Examples of things that can often be corrected in a deck. Cards that gives free special summoning from hand and graveyard is a no-no. Always add a cost or restriction, no matter what card it is. Protection should have it's downsides (Cannot be destroyed in combat? Make it die if it is alone on the field).

So yeah, just think about making downsides to counteract the upsides to your cards, and you will do fine =)

And I will be happy to judge them if you drop me a message, or if I see them =P

lol, I'll try to remember that whole "Imagine yourself playing against them, How will you win?" thing, It'll come in handy for balancing cards,

I kinda agree with ya on the 3000+ thing, I mean, My "Vampire World: Evil Incarnate" has 3600, But he has hard summoning conditions, so it kinda balances him out IMO XD.

Archived