[DISC]Dark Worlds

I only discard in a way that typically keeps my advantage, for example, Dark World Dealings, if the discard was Gren, the card goes from -1 to +0. Silvaa/Goldd can be nice as beatsticks, yes, and are an important point for Dark World Synchro but keeping a strong amount of options with the other cards, even more so considering the way that Dark World Road and The Forces of Darkness allow for a good toolbox use.

and what happens when you have gren and they don't control any spells or traps? kakki when they control no monsters? your +0 card advantage from DWD just became a -1. they are not only outclassed, but situational. and when you draw them at a time when you do not have the means/need to discard them, they become dead draws

What happens if your opponent controls no Spell/Traps and you use Heavy? You're good card is a -1, or, if you have common sense, you don't use it. The Deck should always have a means to discard cards. You don't discard them to keep advantage if they have no monsters/backrow.

Goldd and Silvaa are worse dead draws if you have no discard, as they can't even be set to protect your Life Points in an urgent situation. Yes, Goldd and Silvaa have their uses, I'm not arguing that, but so do the other cards in the Archtype.

hmm... point taken. what I'm saying is that spells do gren and kakki's jobs better. you want to keep those discarding-effect cards handy for Goldd and Silvaa because they should be your main method of summoning monsters. if gren and kakki could be SS after being discarded, I would completely agree with you. in DW, field presence is the best way to maintain card advantage. it is, after all, a swarm deck

Yes, there are spells that do the job better, MST, Smashing Ground, for quick examples, but I play as a very agressive control build, so I tent to have both, the monsters also have the support from the Archtype.

I find that the Archtype plays best when the aim is too keep one or two of Goldd or Silvaa on the field and spend the rest of your cards making your opponent unable to choose a move, forced requisition, rigorus reaver and others keep hands low while a large spell selection and the weaker Dark Worlds remove any and all field threats.

you mean dark world disruption. they're two different builds, so I see where you're coming from. the build I'm talking about is meant to be faster, and end the game faster by getting out more monsters and swarming for game. your build is better in the long run, making sure the opponent doesn't manage to take out that your few but strong monsters. it's all in the play style

Archived