[Icy and Hunter] Spell Speed Cards

Icy

Guest JoshIcy

[align=center]I had originally created the Spell Speed Cards a while back as a way to prove myself as a CardMaker to Dj-Osiris (now Advanced Raver) as he claimed that Spell Speed Cards could not be done. So I instinctively took on the challenge and created this set. And later, the Reverse Spell Speed Cards (whose link shall remain anonymous at the moment) which took the same concept and attacked it. Like a knife to a play-style, quite literally. Both these sets, launched me into being an LCM, and among the best proving how skilled I am at my craft.

Now without further ado. I introduce the newest to the set, teamed up by me and Hunter. Both Custom Cards moderators.

Hunters Cards

icemanipulator.jpgparadoxseriph-1.jpg

Icys Cards

LostGlimpse.jpgLovesSpellSpark.jpg

[/align]

looks like u guys are trying to revive a really crappy card type. XD

Lost Glimpse is actually rly rly nice being able to become a high chain link very easly so Accumulative Fortune can be played with only 3 card instead of 4 which can make a big difference in chain burn.

8/10

Loves Spell spark is decent and only helps out the monster. to be honest you might actually be better off running a +0 draw card. But the effect is original.

8/10

Ice Manipulator doesnt seem worth the 2 or 3 card cost but with Lorves Spell Spark just chaining a lol trap to something ur opponent has done will instantly get him out. Should have been a Tuner IMO.

7/10

Finally the Paradox Seriph is very nice. Like Ice Manipulato its special summoning requirements is a joke when u can just normal summon it. its DEF is low making sure it wount stay on the field to long but it gives the immunity to being Smashed. its a +0 and can add any quick play to u which is incredible. Book of Moon so u can summon it again? My body as a Shield to protect ur monsters. or chain stick to finish off ur opponent. i would say it would be limited on account of this effect.

9/10

Grade: 8/10

You should post the card lore underneath the cards as it is somewhat hard to read.

The monsters are fairly original (I say this because there were a bunch of cards that could only be activated in specific chain links like chain summoning) but the effects are rather underpowered. The Special Summoning requirements for these cards are pretty tough and not really worth the trouble, imo.

Ice Manipulator does not need the lore "to your side of the field" it is already implied that as long you say Special Summon it will be Special Summoned to your field unless stating that it will be summoned to your opponent's field like Grinder Golem. It also does not need the lore "as long as it remains face-up" as again it is already implied the power boost is applied when the conditions have been met. If it were flipped face down with Book of Moon then the power boost is removed. It would contain similar rulings with Fusilier Dragon, the Dual Mode Beast.

Paradox Seriph also does not need the lore "to your side of the field" for the exact same reasons as Ice Manipulator. I don't really think the tutoring of quick-plays is overpowered since it is a 0 ATK Light monster and I wouldn't waste a summon to get a quick-play to my hand.

I rather like the ideas behind the Spell and Trap support but right now it's not seeing any use in an actual duel besides supporting the current theem you've got going. Right now I like the concept you've got going here but everything is underpowered at the moment and too hard to consistently get thus making them impractical in an actual duel and with the current meta would fail pretty badly. I know it's tough to judge with level 1-2 monsters and 2 support spells/traps so when I see more cards supporting this idea I may improve my opinion of the concept.

I spot OCG issues, and part of the Trap doesn't make sense to me...

The monsters are fine, in fact, good.

And the goes for the Spell and Trap, but, I see OCG issues with them

The trap should read:

"Depending on the type of card this card is when activated, apply 1 of the following effects:"

Not "Depending on the type of card this card is activated as it gains one of the following effects"

And the Spell has a non capped Graveyard

Good cards overall though ^_\\\

Here's some OCG right?

OCG FOR HUNTER'S CARDS

Ice Manipulator:

After a chain with 3 or more Links resolves, you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon this card from your hand. Your opponent cannot Chain to the Summoning of this card. If you Chain to the Summoning of this card, you can double the ATK and DEF of this card.

Remember:

-For effects that Trigger when a chain of a certain amount of Links resolves, reference Lightning Punisher.

-It's not "to your side of the field" unless its normally owned by your opponent.

-Nothing is needed to indicate that a continuous Monster Card Effect is continuous, just don't post an expiration date to do so. Reference newly errata'd Jinzo if ever in doubt.

Paradox Seraph:

After a chain with 3 or more Links resolves, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can remove from play 1 Quick-Play Spell Card from your Graveyard to add 1 Quick-Play Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

Remember:

-Things I told you on the previous card.

-Quick-Play is hyphenated, use Spell Calling or Invader of Darkness as a reference if ever in doubt.

OCG FOR ICY'S CARDS

Lost Glimpse:

This card can only be activated as part of a Chain. If this card is activated during your turn, you can treat it as a Quick-Play Spell Card. When this card is activated, apply the appropriate effect based on this card's type: •Quick-Play Spell Card: Negate the effect of 1 card in the current Chain and destroy it. •Trap Card: Add 2 Links to the current Chain, this card does not count towards the number of Links in the current Chain.

Remember:

-I know your stance towards OCG, but it's important in my opinion, it's part of what makes Realistic Cards realistic. I'd recommend that you at least try. =/

Love's Spell Spark:

When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, you can remove from play 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Graveyard to add 1 Link to the current Chain. If that card was a Trap Card, you can activate its effect.

OTHER STUFF

-Balance is done very well here. Chain Monarchs would be fun with these.

-Set ID prefixes should be 4 characters, and the suffixes should be 5 characters starting always with "EN". You guys've got "EN", but it's still only 4 characters total.

-Leave the circulation blank. Including which set your card's from isn't practical or realistic. It's what Set IDs and the rest of the posts are used for.

Guest JoshIcy

Umm... Polaris...

I am tempted to warn you for that... My OCG rule is tight. Spoiler them and add more info on the cards themselves.

And you got Lost Glimpse's effect correction wrong. If it were to activate as a trap without that () part. It would be considered 3 links, which is why I have it say (excluding this card). Referring to its own link and not the effect.

EDIT: And you got Loves Spell Spark wrong again...

The graveyard part is so that the s/t activates in the grave, not on the field Giving you more room to activate more links in the chain.

Umm... Polaris...

I am tempted to warn you for that... My OCG rule is tight. Spoiler them and add more info on the cards themselves.

And you got Lost Glimpse's effect correction wrong. If it were to activate as a trap without that () part. It would be considered 3 links' date=' which is why I have it say (excluding this card). Referring to its own link and not the effect.

EDIT: And you got Loves Spell Spark wrong again...

The graveyard part is so that the s/t activates in the grave, not on the field Giving you more room to activate more links in the chain.

[/quote']

Lost Glimpse: That's what I meant by "this card does not count towards the number of Links in the current Chain".

Love's Spell Spark: It activates its effect, it doesn't place it on the field. It's like Diamond Dude, who can activate the effect of Spell Cards, but doesn't actually have to place them on the field.

You have an OCG rule now? KK, I'll go read it.

- Anyone posting JUST the OCG correction will receive a stern warning. Repeaters will be banned.

I don't really see that as necessary, but considering I didn't post JUST the OCG correction, I don't see why I'd need to be warned.

Guest JoshIcy

"If that card was a Trap Card"... Umm... No?

You'd be activating the Trap Cards effect. Try again lol.

Check Phantom of Chaos. You don't say "the removed card"' date=' just "that card".

[/quote']

Not technical enough for my tastes. And doesn't draw an accurate picture (which is why I prefer Old OCG).

I'll probably lengthen these reviews sometime later, but I'm really tired and just wanted to post so I could refer back to what I typed. The ratings won't change, but the reviews will lengthen.

Ice Manipulator should've been a Tuner. An 800 ATK Special Summon that I can't waste my Forced Back or Solemn Judgment on? DRAT. Oh no, he chained another card! Now it's a devastating 1600 ATK monster!!! Making it a Tuner could've unlocked a lot of fun with in-chain Special Summoning, but it's pretty much useless. 4/10.

Paradox "Seriph" is alright. The Summon condition is a little haphazard, but it's chain stuff so why not. Access to any Quickplay Spell in the deck? Now we're talking. Insane combos come to mind for a few decks, but the intention is obvious with this Set. The upping of Spell Speed 2 to 3 puzzles me, and game mechanic flaws run rampant, but whatever. It's weak, has great access to a potentially game ending Quickplay Spell. 6/10.

Lost Glimpse... OCG is ugly. I think the effects could work together nicer if they were switched, personally. Being able to raise the chain count on your turn while being able to knock out a link in the chain that your opponent tries to cut into. Just my opinion. The OCG makes this card look awful to me, but the effects can work for you nicely, I guess. 6/10.

Love's Spell Spark has a lot of potential with some of the other cards working around chains, of course. The last effect confuses me, but I'm sure I just missed something when glancing over the already existing Spell Speed cards. It can do some damage as a Continuous Spell, and it should be able to work well with the theme. 8/10.

Not a fan of this theme, but I try to be impartial.

Archived