+2 Gold Sarcophagus

+3 Mother Grizzly

+3 Zeradius, Herald of Heaven

+3 Sanctuary in the Sky

+1 Cloudian Squall

+2 Dark Room of Nightmare

+2 Salvage

+1 Hand Destruction

This deck may look wierd (like my deck out deck), but it is very good. I've gotten into making these turbo and lockdown decks. The old-fashioned way of having blue-eyes attack directly and winning hasn't changed much. It's just the monster attacking that has changed. My new decks are decks that try to find a way to win that isn't attacking and here's mine. Please rate and comment.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, cards to think about removing;

2x Summon Cloud

You should, with battle invincible Turbulance + Stall, never have this much of an open field. Too slow.

1x Swing of Memories

It's effect is, in short, "Summon smoke ballm trib for 400/700 damage", that's not enough damage compared to others.

3x Fog Control

Possibly a good card, possibly not. If you only have M-Driver, it's trib 1, summon 3, so +2 monsters or 800 damage, if you have Dark Room, it's 900 on top of that, which is worth it, read note on cards to add.

3x Lucky Cloud

It's draw, yes, but it's at the end phase and means you need to have your system (Turbu) working before you even activate it, not needed.

1x Upstart Goblin

It's not amazing draw and it defeats the point of a burn Deck, not needed.

2x Spell Reproduction

Fairly horrible card actually, it's a -2 and I don't think you really have any targets worth that.

2x Messenger of Peace

1x Swords of Revealing Light

1x Gravity Bind

Read note on cards to add.

2x Smoke Ball

This might seem odd, but you only need 1. After you summon him from the Deck, not a problem, you can just keep using the same one from your Grave, adding more than one just gives him as a dead draw if you draw them early game.

Cards to add;

There are 4 main cards you might want to add here. Their purposes being search, burn, counters and stall at a slightly more useful level.

Search; try Mother Grizzly to search Turbu -or- Mystic Tomato @3 to Deck thin and grab Sangan so that you gain gain the extra counter when you summon him, whichever.

Burn; Dark Room is an amazing card in here, since your aim is shooting off the little guys repeatedly instead of big hits. Their effects stack and this should really be run @3 here, that would make Fog Control worth it.

Counters; You might want to think about Cloudian Squall. It may seem slow, 1 Smoke Ball every turn, but if you're using the Mother Grizzlys and have 3 Turbus out, it's 3 per turn, per squall. That's quite a lot of burn. A problem here though is that 3x Dark Room is more important, you need Mass Driver and that's a lot of continuous spells. Some sort of generic draw might be better. Maybe @1.

Stall; I'd say that your current stall, lack of attacking, misses one of the best points of your Deck. It's card you need to protect? Won't die by battle. Yay! This means that, if you can avoid death by battle damage then stopping attacks is the same as dead draws. What you should really have here is The Santuary in the Sky. "Why?" you may ask, fair question, it doesn't stop attacks any more than the others. The reason is that it's a field. This means that it won't take up a slot in the backrow, which should be pretty full. It is also seachable easily by terraforming to thin the Deck. I'd reccomend one of these, depending on how desperate you are for stalling them;

2 Sancts, 1 Terra

2 Sancts, 2 Terra

3 Sancts, 2 Terra

The middle one might seem bad, two terra/two targets but it's a good one and the hand destruction in here should stop the terra being too bad of a draw anyway.

And yes, CoSR is limited now.

Ok' date=' cards to think about removing;

2x Summon Cloud

You should, with battle invincible Turbulance + Stall, never have this much of an open field. Too slow.

[/quote']

I agree, but shouldn't I keep 1 for summoning from the graveyard purposes?

1x Swing of Memories

It's effect is' date=' in short, "Summon smoke ballm trib for 400/700 damage", that's not enough damage compared to others.

3x Fog Control

Possibly a good card, possibly not. If you only have M-Driver, it's trib 1, summon 3, so +2 monsters or 800 damage, if you have Dark Room, it's 900 on top of that, which is worth it, read note on cards to add.

[/quote']

I think swing of memories is fine. It helps the purpose.

Fog Control is good because as you said, trib 1 smoke ball, get smoke ball x 3.

3x Lucky Cloud

It's draw' date=' yes, but it's at the end phase and means you need to have your system (Turbu) working before you even activate it, not needed.

1x Upstart Goblin

[/quote']

I agree, but if the turbo is working then you will summon them. It's still 2 card draw also.

I agree completely with Upstart.

2x Spell Reproduction

Fairly horrible card actually, it's a -2 and I don't think you really have any targets worth that.

2x Messenger of Peace

1x Gravity Bind

2x Smoke Ball

This might seem odd, but you only need 1. After you summon him from the Deck, not a problem, you can just keep using the same one from your Grave, adding more than one just gives him as a dead draw if you draw them early game.

[/quote']

Yeah, Spell reproduction is only there if I have cards that don't work the turbo or something, but I'll take them out.

What are you talking about with those 4 cards? They're all good, or they all serve the same purpose?

I would agree with Smoke Ball, but he can always get removed from play. If I negged the other two it would be risky and I'd probably replace them with some Iron Walls. What do you think about that?

Cards to add;

There are 4 main cards you might want to add here. Their purposes being search' date=' burn, counters and stall at a slightly more useful level.

Search; try Mother Grizzly to search Turbu -or- Mystic Tomato @3 to Deck thin and grab Sangan so that you gain gain the extra counter when you summon him, whichever.

Burn; Dark Room is an amazing card in here, since your aim is shooting off the little guys repeatedly instead of big hits. Their effects stack and this should really be run @3 here, that would make Fog Control worth it.

Counters; You might want to think about Cloudian Squall. It may seem slow, 1 Smoke Ball every turn, but if you're using the Mother Grizzlys and have 3 Turbus out, it's 3 per turn, per squall. That's quite a lot of burn. A problem here though is that 3x Dark Room is more important, you need Mass Driver and that's a lot of continuous spells. Some sort of generic draw might be better. Maybe @1.

[/quote']

Mother Grizzly x3 or 2? And I would rather go with grizzly.

Okay, but Dark Room of Nightmare only works if Mass Driver is on the field. So should I run 3 of each?

I agree. Adding Mother grizzly and squall x1.

Stall; I'd say that your current stall' date=' lack of attacking, misses one of the best points of your Deck. It's card you need to protect? Won't die by battle. Yay! This means that, if you can avoid death by battle damage then stopping attacks is the same as dead draws. What you should really have here is The Santuary in the Sky. "Why?" you may ask, fair question, it doesn't stop attacks any more than the others. The reason is that it's a field. This means that it won't take up a slot in the backrow, which should be pretty full. It is also seachable easily by terraforming to thin the Deck. I'd reccomend one of these, depending on how desperate you are for stalling them;

2 Sancts, 1 Terra

2 Sancts, 2 Terra

3 Sancts, 2 Terra

The middle one might seem bad, two terra/two targets but it's a good one and the hand destruction in here should stop the terra being too bad of a draw anyway.

[/quote']

KK, I'll neg some attack stopping things for Sanctuary in the sky. I'll neg 1 cosr (even though 3 cosr would be the best) but I'll put in zeradius instead of terraforming.

Also, @ SynchroDuelist: If what you meant is heavy storm then that's crap for my continuous spells.

2x Summon Cloud

[/quote']

I agree, but shouldn't I keep 1 for summoning from the graveyard purposes?

Use Salvage if you need to, grabs two, works if you still have one, lets you normal summon for instant smoke.

1x Swing of Memories

It's effect is' date=' in short, "Summon smoke ballm trib for 400/700 damage", that's not enough damage compared to others.

3x Fog Control

[/quote']

I think swing of memories is fine. It helps the purpose.

Fog Control is good because as you said, trib 1 smoke ball, get smoke ball x 3.

Ok, but I still think you could find a replacement for swing.

3x Lucky Cloud

It's draw' date=' yes, but it's at the end phase and means you need to have your system (Turbu) working before you even activate it, not needed.

1x Upstart Goblin

[/quote']

I agree, but if the turbo is working then you will summon them. It's still 2 card draw also.

Since it could be a dead draw at the very start, try it @2

I agree completely with Upstart.

2x Spell Reproduction

2x Messenger of Peace

1x Gravity Bind

2x Smoke Ball

[/quote']

Yeah, Spell reproduction is only there if I have cards that don't work the turbo or something, but I'll take them out.

What are you talking about with those 4 cards? They're all good, or they all serve the same purpose?

Like I said, see below, but you seemed to have read that it was because Sanct makes better stall

I would agree with Smoke Ball, but he can always get removed from play. If I negged the other two it would be risky and I'd probably replace them with some Iron Walls. What do you think about that?

What'd remove him from play? The current options are; Bottomless Trap Hole, Dimensional Prison, Chaos Sorcerer, Caius. I don't think many people run other RFG cards and none of those would really hit Smoke Ball. Side Deck 3 Wall incase of a Macro Deck.

Cards to add;

There are 4 main cards you might want to add here. Their purposes being search' date=' burn, counters and stall at a slightly more useful level.

[/quote']

Mother Grizzly x3 or 2? And I would rather go with grizzly.

So would I, @3 it can still Deck thin, I guess, it's up to testing and personal choice, but try 3 first.

Okay, but Dark Room of Nightmare only works if Mass Driver is on the field. So should I run 3 of each?

Dark Room stacks, Mass Driver is a dead draw if you already have one. Test, tell me the results.

I agree. Adding Mother grizzly and squall x1.

Sounds good

Stall; I'd say that your current stall' date=' lack of attacking, misses one of the best points of your Deck. It's card you need to protect? Won't die by battle. Yay! This means that, if you can avoid death by battle damage then stopping attacks is the same as dead draws. What you should really have here is The Santuary in the Sky. "Why?" you may ask, fair question, it doesn't stop attacks any more than the others. The reason is that it's a field. This means that it won't take up a slot in the backrow, which should be pretty full. It is also seachable easily by terraforming to thin the Deck. I'd reccomend one of these, depending on how desperate you are for stalling them;

2 Sancts, 1 Terra

2 Sancts, 2 Terra

3 Sancts, 2 Terra

[/quote']

KK, I'll neg some attack stopping things for Sanctuary in the sky. I'll neg 1 cosr (even though 3 cosr would be the best) but I'll put in zeradius instead of terraforming.

Your Deck is the perfect example of why they limited CoSR, any more and you'd be drawing madly for using something like Fog Control, with that much draw, you'd easily OTK often. It's still powerful @1.

Sounds like the Deck's going to be really good after some stuff've been moved around a little.

I've been testing this on Stardust Accel and this seemed to be the best setup;

Monsters: 11

3x Zeradius, Herald of Heaven

3x Cloudian - Turbulence

1x Cloudian - Smoke Ball

1x Sangan

3x Mother Grizzly

Spells: 26

1x Monster Reborn

1x Swing of Memories

3x Fog Control

1x Card of Safe Return

1x Gold Sarcophagus

3x Mass Driver

3x Dark Room of Nightmare

2x Lucky Cloud

1x Card Destruction

3x Hand Destruction

3x Sanctuary in the Sky

1x Cloudian Squall

3x Salvage

Traps: 3

3x Reckless Greed

Sarco is limited in Stardust Accel, but if you have another, -1 Dark Room/Mass Driver, +1 Sarco

Archived