Vegetarianism

Guest Tiger

Are you a vegetarian?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes' date=' I am. And we are like the 10% of the population who won't die to a food-related illness. (And to all you meat-eaters, I don't want to start another debate, so don't give me no s***.)

[/quote']

Of course not since you got so utterly crushed in the last debate.

I would die without meat.

Guest JoshIcy

Dark nulled out any opinion he had in this thread when he said;

And I'm not bothered you eat things, as long as you don't question my views. This deducts his whole reasoning into being a vegetarian a direct choice, rather than belief. And that any facts he states, is purely statistics based on region and overall dietary balance. Not anything else...

Congratz Dark, you're a vegetarian as much as we are meat eaters, please stop posting any sort of "facts". ^^

I don't think I could live without eating meat...

Quick Question: Can vegetarians eat fish? One of my friends who is a vegetarian says that you can still eat fish while being a vegetarian. I disagree because isn't fish a type of meat?

Yes, vegetarians can.

Reason, I'm not sure. But fish doesn't count as that kind of meat.

Most meat are related to mammals, and fish aren't mammals. That might be why its not classified as meat.

-

I am not a vegetarian, nor will I ever be.

Have you ever wondered why is it that the Chinese live healthier and longer lives than any other people in the world?

One of the main reasons is their use of rejuvenating herbs. It's no secret then, that herbs help improve the quality of our health; many of today's wonder drugs are derived from them. Therefore, the Chinese have had such remarkable success with herbal curative formulas; they've been developing, improving and perfecting them for 5000 years.

China FTW!

I eat both.

Omnivore. The way that the humans have lived mostly throhghout the ages and will continiue living on like that.

I don't mind vegeterians and their views' date=' but if they are going to try to turn me into one, I'd get mad.

Another thing, topics like this should be disallowed on this site. It's only a matter of time when this will grow into a flamefest.

[/quote']

Yo. <_<

I don't eat meat except when I'm forced to because I hate the taste.

What does that make me now?O_o

I never considered myself a vegetarian and wouldn't want to be one, just a "non-meat-eater".:P

It's not a religious or ethical choice, there isn't much place for "ethical" stuff in my mind anyway. I just dislike the smell and taste of it, as much as I hate the smell and taste of camembert cheese. It makes me jerk, never knew why.=/

EDIT:

Some people just don't like the taste of meat but don't mind fish.

Yes, this!

I do respect people turning into vegetarians for religious reasons though but personally I don't see much sense about it, exept personally beliefs maybe. We are omnivores, it's in our nature and we have survived well this way.

Of course meat is not absolutely necessary for our bodies, people who don't want to eat it can live without, but it's still good for our health. Especially fish, that's why I try to eat more of it.

And Felix, what Pagan movement does your friend belong to?

(I used to be a pagan for years too. Heck lots of stuff. ._.)

Then again, most Neo-Pagan movements, Reconstructionists and New Age branches just support vegetarianism and veganism but don't condemn meat altogether.

Fish gives you mercury poisoning. And that is as fun as winning a cent on Deal or No Deal. =D

WTF??? Seriously vegetables cause more poisoning that meat and eggs-

Source ( http://www.newsgd.com/enjoylife/living/dining/200511230016.htm )

In fact' date=' vegetables and fruits triggered 31 outbreaks from 2002 to 2003 in the United States, compared with 29 for chicken and other poultry, according to the report.

Overall, contaminated tomatoes, sprouts and other produce made 28,315 people sick during 554 outbreaks from 1990 to 2003 -- 20 percent of all cases CSPI found.

Chicken made 14,729 people sick in 476 outbreaks, and eggs were responsible for 10,847 illnesses from 329 outbreaks, according to the group

[/quote']

Also I believe vegetarians are wrong as you are denying your true self. Stop making false claims that you cannot provide evidence for.

vegetarians can berely eat any thing ecept vegitables and fruit. They cant even eat honey or milk along with meat. I think it would be too hard to be a vegitarian

That's what Vegetarians are <_<.

But the milk thing, and the honey is completely wrong. If you couldn't have milk, then you would be lactose intolerant, and you would have to get Calcium from another source, not a vegetarian.

Learn the difference between lactose intolerant and vegetarianism, they are nowhere related to each other.

Archived