Guest Tiger

Are you a vegetarian?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoshIcy

Yes' date=' I am. And we are like the 10% of the population who won't die to a food-related illness. (And to all you meat-eaters, I don't want to start another debate, so don't give me no s***.)

[/quote']

Strange how people in Iceland and Okinawa are never vegetarians, yet they eat almost exclusively meat. And they live significantly longer than any vegetarian, (Okinawan's live an average of 100yrs+). The chance of a food related illness all depends on the area, and even then, it's not high enough to face much of a bad thing.

I am not. Nor ever will be.

Yes' date=' I am. And we are like the 10% of the population who won't die to a food-related illness. (And to all you meat-eaters, I don't want to start another debate, so don't give me no s***.)

[/quote']

Actually its based on how much they consume. Atleast we get the benefits of fish to boost out brain power.

I'm not really bothered that you're a vegetarian, I've known several vegetarians, as long as they don't try to force it on me, I'm not bothered.

I don't think I could live without eating meat...

Quick Question: Can vegetarians eat fish? One of my friends who is a vegetarian says that you can still eat fish while being a vegetarian. I disagree because isn't fish a type of meat?

At Religious people: If god din't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

At Science people: If eating meat was a bad thing then millions of years of evolution wouldn't have lead us to do so.

Either way eating meat makes sense.

[/quote']

Strange how people in Iceland and Okinawa are never vegetarians, yet they eat almost exclusively meat. And they live significantly longer than any vegetarian, (Okinawan's live an average of 100yrs+). The chance of a food related illness all depends on the area, and even then, it's not high enough to face much of a bad thing.

I am not. Nor ever will be.

It not only depends on how much, what kind of meat, but location. For example, cities like NYC and LA are more prone to having meat-related illnesses, because they consume, as a whole, more meat than people in Iceland.

[/quote']

Actually its based on how much they consume. Atleast we get the benefits of fish to boost out brain power.

I'm not really bothered that you're a vegetarian, I've known several vegetarians, as long as they don't try to force it on me, I'm not bothered.

And I'm not bothered you eat things, as long as you don't question my views.

I don't think I could live without eating meat...

Quick Question: Can vegetarians eat fish? One of my friends who is a vegetarian says that you can still eat fish while being a vegetarian. I disagree because isn't fish a type of meat?

I was at a restaurant' date=' and I said I was vegetarian, and the waitress asked if I wanted to try the fish of the day. Moron. That should answer your question.

At Religious people: If god din't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

At Science people: If eating meat was a bad thing then millions of years of evolution wouldn't have lead us to do so.

Our bodies can survive without meat. Teeth are used for other purposes than meat-eating. We have an organ in our body that is used to process bone, meaning cavemen used to eat BONES.

Our bodies can survive without meat. Teeth are used for other purposes than meat-eating. We have an organ in our body that is used to process bone' date=' meaning cavemen used to eat BONES.

[/quote']

And the human stomach can digest meat, what's your point?

Our bodies can survive without meat. Teeth are used for other purposes than meat-eating. We have an organ in our body that is used to process bone' date=' meaning cavemen used to eat BONES.

[/quote']

We can eat paper with little nutrional harm. Are we supposed to eat paper?

We can eat a lot of things. You can't really say what we are/aren't supposed to eat.

See these things in my mouth? They are known as canine teeth. They are used to rip and tear meat.

Food chain, I'm going to eat all the cows I damn well please.

I don't mind vegetarians (hell, I'm dating one), just don't go PETA on me, or we'll have issues.

Also, on the fish issue:

From what I understand, its the vegetarian's choice. Its not technically considered meat, but some veggie's prefer not to eat any type of animal.

It's a matter of taste or health that someone would eat fish. My friend (a pagan) has to eat meat or she will die. She can't because of her religion so she eats fish. If she didn't have the health issue she wouldn't do it. Some people just don't like the taste of meat but don't mind fish. You aren't one of the idiots who thinks it's cruel so just eat fish.

Our bodies can survive without meat. Teeth are used for other purposes than meat-eating. We have an organ in our body that is used to process bone' date=' [b']meaning cavemen used to eat BONES[/b].

We can eat paper with little nutrional harm. Are we supposed to eat paper?

We can eat a lot of things. You can't really say what we are/aren't supposed to eat.

That's exactly the point I was making, you've just enforced it:/

Eat meat for the reasons the human race has done for however many years we've been around.

So humans were created with an organ to process bone. Cavemen ate bone, and now we don't. Humans weren't created with any particular organ or bone to process meat. The teeth have various uses. Even in wildlife, herbivores also have teeth. Add that with the fact that humans don't NEED to eat meat to life a healthy life.

Obviously, vegetarians have less muscle growth because of lack of protein. But omnivores have a higher risk of mercury poisoning via fish, animal-related illnesses via uncooked meat and other health complications.

I am not trying to turn you into vegetarians, BTW.

I eat both.

Omnivore. The way that the humans have lived mostly throhghout the ages and will continiue living on like that.

I don't mind vegeterians and their views, but if they are going to try to turn me into one, I'd get mad.

Another thing, topics like this should be disallowed on this site. It's only a matter of time when this will grow into a flamefest.

So humans were created with an organ to process bone. Cavemen ate bone' date=' and now we don't. Humans weren't created with any particular organ or bone to process meat. The teeth have various uses. Even in wildlife, herbivores also have teeth. Add that with the fact that humans don't NEED to eat meat to life a healthy life.

Obviously, vegetarians have less muscle growth because of lack of protein. But omnivores have a higher risk of mercury poisoning via fish, animal-related illnesses via uncooked meat and other health complications.

I am not trying to turn you into vegetarians, BTW.

[/quote']

Then don't gorge your self on one more than the other. A balanced diet is the basis of health. It's like the most basic of basic rules about eating.

Archived