KONAMI IS SH**Y! "A Nate12345 Regional Report"

"Attention Yugioh Players!" those has to be my most annoying words to hear all of yesterday. The cossy system is fail, and full of suck. All day yesterday they experience technical difficulties. We literly went HOURS between rounds. And that's not the worst part, THEY CUT THE TOURNAMENT 3 ROUNDS! we were scheduled to play 9, but they cut after 6. I went X-2. The cut to the top 64 players who all received invites. I was pissed. I placed 87th, all I needed was one more win to qualify for top 64. ONE! I have to hope that 23 players already received Invites or i wont have another chance until Last chance qualifiers. (which reminds me, if there is anybody here who is going and knows a good hotel + rates, pm me.)

So here is how it went down.

Round 1, Pocket Match (a Dark Magician Deck)

I swept two rounds, I didn't even have to side. Both were OTK's

Round 2, Tele Monarch

Game 1 was a loss. I got bad draws, and Dad + Gorz n friend doesn't help much either.

Game 2 I sided in TR, and I bottomless him to death. He was wide open for a double Strike fighter otk.

Game 3 I lost because I punked myself. I had the opportunity to win, but I hadn't seen mirror force all game. We both were low on deck, and I figured that was what it was. So instead of attacking with my gorz and token, I switched my token (which was a monarch, 2400/2400) to def. When I found out it was a transmigration prophecy, i couldn't help but face palm myself all day. I went 1-1

Round 3, LS

Kycoo works in Rescue cat, and after this game, ill never take it out.

Game 1 Kycoo was a beast. I summoned Kycoo after a cold wave and ended. He then summoned lummina and milled 1 guardna and 2 honest. I went into a Summoner monk-cat. Ended with XSAirbellum + Arcanite Magician. Popped lumina, attacked Dropped an Honest from his hand and removed Lumina and Honest. His turn came. He set a ryko and ended. I popped last shell with Arcanite, Cat again for double XSAirbellum then DSF for game.

Game 2 was the same except I cold waved and Kycoo. He summoned lumina and passed. My turn came, I vortexed and double DSF (2 summon priest + cat) for game.

Round 4, LS.

I never had so much disrespect for a person in my life.

Player goes first and Lyla and CoSR. He put a JD in the sarco and ended. He mills 2 wulf and a PSZ. He drew 2 cards and I called Judge. I literally argued with the head judge the ENTIRE round that he can only draw 1 card of the cosr because 1 misses timing. The judge says "Ill try to find something to show you im right." I said "please do" he comes back after 20 min and tells me that im right. _-_ I then told him that my opponent drew 2 cards already, and my opponent gets a warning. That was supposed to be a game loss. _-_ I scooped that game.

Game 2, I opponed with a cold wave + GK's Guard. My opponent sets (prob a ryko, ill never know.) My turn came and I bounced it back with a Double DSf for game (GK's guard + summoner monk + cat)

Game 3, I was stacked, literally. I drew all monsters, and after turn 4 I asked a judge if he could look at my deck for stacking, and he said no. I lost to jd and flipped my deck over. It was Literally all traps at the bottom, spells next and monsters at the top. The only spell I drew all game was a book of moon. I was ready to punch my opponent out.

Round 4, Prometheus DAD

Game 1, I won DSF + Goyo for game. (otk)

Game 2, I didn't side. It was the same otk but with 2 DSF. (Cold wave is my new favorite spell.)

Round 5, LS

Game 1, (look at game 2 of round 3.)

Game 2, He got me with Double JD and a Wulf, I drew none of my side.

Game 3, I won with Brain Golem and Kycoo. It was great.

Round 6, Counter faries

Game 1, I won because he burnt himself down with Solemn, so i could DSF for game.

Game 2, Brain golem was a beast. Attacking directly after beating set honest and Bountiful.

I ran the same synchro deck I posted in the deck section with changes to the side. So yeah. I did get some good trades, I bought 2 Burials from the D.D. and a Prime material dragon for 10, and got 2 Winged kuriboh lv9's. I think they will get hot soon.

Anyway, yeah... worst tournament ever konami, you better not do this at Nats.

Anyway' date=' yeah... worst tournament ever konami, you better not do this at Nats.

[/quote']

Its Konami...... You have to expect the worst.

_-_ I guess i'll be face palming all day. But at least I have duel terminal to look forward to.

Did you get your invite?

I can't go' date=' unless I miraculously get a ride to the last Regional in Brooklyn

[/quote'] I wont know until the site updates on Monday, alot of people were there, alot of popular faces so it could happen. At the last regional in my area before this one invites got passed all the way down to top 48, that 16 people, I wouldn't be surprised if the invites passed down to me, but then again its all on a hope and prayer. You can always got to pitsburg for the last chance qualifier. Its held on Friday at Nats.

How do you get the invite? Seems interesting enough.

You qualify at a regional. There aren't many left before Nats so hurry up.

Did you get your invite?

I can't go' date=' unless I miraculously get a ride to the last Regional in Brooklyn

[/quote'] I wont know until the site updates on Monday, alot of people were there, alot of popular faces so it could happen. At the last regional in my area before this one invites got passed all the way down to top 48, that 16 people, I wouldn't be surprised if the invites passed down to me, but then again its all on a hope and prayer. You can always got to pitsburg for the last chance qualifier. Its held on Friday at Nats.

Forgot about that. Now I need a ride to that.

Archived