4th Dimension?

Dark

Someone explain to me what a 4th dimension is. I've been watching endless YouTube videos, but I don't understand it. I've read Wikipedia, but it makes no sense.

I can already move in a 360 degree circle in an infinite amount of directions. What can a 4D person do?

EXPLAIN PLEASE. AND DISCUSS.

If time is the 4th dimension, you are telling me that 4D objects can move through time? Meaning there could be an object exactly where I am sitting, but in the future? WHAT?

2D objects would see a 3D object as 2D. So 3D objects (us) would see a 4D object as 3D. But we see 3D objects around us as 2D images. We can't SEE anything in 3D, but 4D objects appear 3D to us. I don't get that.

4D is time

All real objects are 4 dimensional. You can draw a cube on paper, but it is not real because it does not move through time, only the paper and graphite do.

HG Wells said it best in his book, "The Time Machine"

basically, any real object can potentially move in 360 degrees along a horizontal and horizontal plane, as well as travel 360 degrees in time. Of course, there are factors that limit all three factors of this. Gravity limits our vertical movement, land shape limits our horizontal movement, and some unnamed factor limits our perception of time to "one" direction.

Much like how Matter is slow moving Energy, Space is perceptable time.

I am not a nerd:

The 4th dimension is the physical representation through which time moves as if time is an object. The 4th dimension should be thought of more as a plane than a dimension as time is 2D.

In stupidman's terms:

The forth dimension is really really fast.

2D objects would see a 3D object as 2D. So 3D objects (us) would see a 4D object as 3D. But we see 3D objects around us as 2D images. We can't SEE anything in 3D' date=' but 4D objects appear 3D to us. I don't get that.

[/quote']

As explained by my science teacher, objects inside a dimension cannot see or perceive what an object would look like in a further dimension. You can try to calculate it, but it will never be 100% precise. It is just not possible.

You can see 2D things from a 3D perspective, but not the other way around. 2D things can see 1D things, but not the other way around.

All I'm saying is, there is no 100% defined definition for 4D or further dimension objects. It's just not physically, scientifically, or any-cally possible. Further dimensions are way too advanced for us 3D people to ever comprehend.

Oh, and another teacher also said:

If aliens or other beings existed in space, they probably wouldn't even bother with Earth, because their technology is probably hundreds of thousands of years way beyond ours, or behind ours. If they were extremely smart, they wouldn't even bother, but if they were extremely primitive, they wouldn't know what space was.

Think as time as a clear ball.

Place a point anywhere in it, but not on the edge.

Theoretically, you can travel in any direction, the top being the future, the bottom being the past, and the other directions being the different possibilities that could take place. You can travel anywhere in that ball, and the outcome would be different everywhere you went.

Now, if you overlap that with space (using the same "ball" concept) you can see a trend of possibilities as time moves forewards. From a terminal to a destination, with freeform movement, you could go anywhere and anywhen and any possible outcome.

That is my theory anyway.

2D objects would see a 3D object as 2D. So 3D objects (us) would see a 4D object as 3D. But we see 3D objects around us as 2D images. We can't SEE anything in 3D' date=' but 4D objects appear 3D to us. I don't get that.

[/quote']

As explained by my science teacher, objects inside a dimension cannot see or perceive what an object would look like in a further dimension. You can try to calculate it, but it will never be 100% precise. It is just not possible.

You can see 2D things from a 3D perspective, but not the other way around. 2D things can see 1D things, but not the other way around.

All I'm saying is, there is no 100% defined definition for 4D or further dimension objects. It's just not physically, scientifically, or any-cally possible. Further dimensions are way too advanced for us 3D people to ever comprehend.

Oh, and another teacher also said:

If aliens or other beings existed in space, they probably wouldn't even bother with Earth, because their technology is probably hundreds of thousands of years way beyond ours, or behind ours. If they were extremely smart, they wouldn't even bother, but if they were extremely primitive, they wouldn't know what space was.

But that isn't how it works. Real objects must occupy all four dimensions in order to be... well... real. So it isn't like overlapping universes, as much as it is what we percieve. The human body is surprisingly limited on what it can experiance.

And your science teacher neglected to mention that Earth is so incredibly out of the way in the Milky Way Galaxy, that the only reason to visit it is on your way in or out of the galaxy, and even then you have to travel through the space between the arm and main body.

This is why we need Einstein to still be alive or for some super genius to come along, for all this complicated crap that nobody can actually prove or attempt it themselves. Since the 4th dimension is so BIG and complicated, I'm still going to have to reside with my previous answer. 4th Dimension = Oprah.

According to my old ICT teachers, here's his idea:

If you want to know what is a 4-D shape, you could imagine it as a bubble. First there is a bubble. Then later, you blow another bubble that attaches and surrounds the other bubble. That is a 4-D shape. But a 4th dimension might be something like that.

The fourth dimension can be described as duration or time

It is basically a line from one point of existance of an object to another point in that same objects existance. For example, think of yourself one minute ago and then think of yourself right now. The line that can be drawn from the minute ago version to the current version would be a line in the fourth dimension.

Seeing in the fourth dimension would basically be seeing all stages of existance of an object as a long changing snake. Because we live from moment to moment in the third dimension we only see the points of the 4th dimension that we are on.

ok this is how i think of the 4 dimentions' date=' dimention 1 parst, dimention 2 preasent, dimention 3 future, dimention 4 alternate or parallel dimention/s

[/quote']

Past, present, and future and part of the 4th dimension. Alternate dimensions and timelines starts getting into the higher numbers.

Think of it as dots and lines.

The first is only line with length, but no width.

The second is a flat square with four sides, it has a length and width, but no depth.

The third is a cube with a length, width, and height as a culmination of the area that the squares pressed together make.

The fourth is simply the timeline in which the cube exists and all the changes it goes through.

ok this is how i think of the 4 dimentions' date=' dimention 1 parst, dimention 2 preasent, dimention 3 future, dimention 4 alternate or parallel dimention/s

[/quote']

Past, present, and future and part of the 4th dimension. Alternate dimensions and timelines starts getting into the higher numbers.

The second is a flay square with four sides, it has a length and width, but no depth.

The third is a cube with a length, width, and height as a culmination of the area that the squares pressed together make.

The fourth is simply the timeline in which the cube exists and all the changes it goes through.

No, alternate reality is part of the fourth dimension.

The first- a single point in existance

The Second-A circle

The Third-A Sphere

The Fourth-A sphere moving inside a sphere

[/quote']

The second is a flay square with four sides, it has a length and width, but no depth.

No, alternate reality is part of the fourth dimension.

The first- a single point in existance

The Second-A circle

The Third-A Sphere

The Fourth-A sphere moving inside a sphere

The fourth is merely one timeline. The fifth is the possible branches of that timeline.

Archived