RE4

Dad

If I can say anything, this game has EVERYTHING.

Action, Adventure, Horror, Suspense, lolmoments, and is just plain fun. Normally, the creators of a horror-game would make our characters extremely unequipped, or poorly equipped; a pansy even, but Leon is just the opposite.

From Pistols, to Shotguns, to Grenades, to Rocket Launchers, Leon is well equipped for kickin' ass.

What's great about this game, is the what would be typically be a Zombie, is instead a virus / bug infected city of cult peoples.

When I first played this game for the Nintendo Gamecube, I thought the graphics would suck. But hot damn, the graphics are really good. I like the story line, the interaction, the gameplay and everything else.

Thoughts? Tips?

This is one of my ALL-TIME favorite games.

Professional Mode is a PAIN to complete, but worth it (at least for the PS2 and Wii versions). I used the Pistol for most of the first half of the game; had to save the better stuff for later.

My favorite part in the game is when you get into the knife fight with Krauser for the first time. If you don't push the buttons, you die - automatically. That kind of interaction (and the actions that resulted) is what made it that much better.

All in all, this is a game that I could NEVER get bored with - no matter how many times I beat it.

Professional Mode is a PAIN to complete' date=' but worth it (at least for the PS2 and Wii versions). I used the Pistol for most of the first half of the game; had to save the better stuff for later.

My favorite part in the game is when you get into the knife fight with Krauser for the first time. If you don't push the buttons, you die - automatically. That kind of interaction (and the actions that resulted) is what made it that much better.

All in all, this is a game that I could NEVER get bored with - no matter how many times I beat it.

[/quote']

Yea, the Professional mode was killer. The hardest part that I think was probably the Regenerators or the Iron Maidens. ( Ugh, I hated them. >:\)

I never did obtain the handcannon though... D:

Professional Mode is a PAIN to complete' date=' but worth it (at least for the PS2 and Wii versions). I used the Pistol for most of the first half of the game; had to save the better stuff for later.

[/quote']

Yea, the Professional mode was killer. The hardest part that I think was probably the Regenerators or the Iron Maidens. ( Ugh, I hated them. >:\)

The Handcannon is SO much fun. >=3

It's like a shotgun on steroids. -_-"

[/quote']

@G-Virus - the Regenerators and Iron Maidens weren't so bad. Fighting Krauser with his arm was a pain. Also, when you first get Ashley and before you get to the shack with Luis. That was HARD. The enemies gang up on you so fast and the bear traps don't make it easy. Doesn't help that a single hit kills Ashley either...

@Solus - P.R.L.412 Laser Rifle makes the Handcannon look like a peashooter.

[/quote']

@G-Virus - the Regenerators and Iron Maidens weren't so bad. Fighting Krauser with his arm was a pain. Also, when you first get Ashley and before you get to the shack with Luis. That was HARD. The enemies gang up on you so fast and the bear traps don't make it easy. Doesn't help that a single hit kills Ashley either...

Yea, the P.R.L .412 is god. Though I found the regenerators and the iron maidens so hard is because all I had when I faced them( When you drop down into the waste disposal place) was a riotgun with 12 rounds, and my trusty fully upgrade handgun with 100 rounds. D:

[/quote']

Yea, the P.R.L .412 is god. Though I found the regenerators and the iron maidens so hard is because all I had when I faced them( When you drop down into the waste disposal place) was a riotgun with 12 rounds, and my trusty fully upgrade handgun with 100 rounds. D:

The P.R.L.412 is SO freaking cheap - being able to take out 10 guys at once in a single shot. Too bad that it's too slow to use on Krauser when you actually fight him, though.

I still had some Rifle Ammo when I got there, so it wasn't a problem. I closed the gate and sniped the 4 parasites on its front. I had Ashley wait by the crate. When I finished shooting the parasites, I open the gate and ran back. When it got near the exploding barrel, I shot that and destroyed it. For the other one, I ran out of Rifle ammo and had to use some Magnum bullets. It took 4 to drop it after using the last 2 Rifle Bullets I had.

[/quote']

When you get out, take Ashley up the clock tower and make her wait there.

Kill the badies and clear the bear traps, then go get her.

Holy crap that game is epic. I've beaten it like 13 times and it's still fun. Especially with the Striker glitch. Pro mode also isn't that hard when you really know how to use your knife XD.

Striker glitch? Elaborate.

[/quote']

Holy crap that game is epic. I've beaten it like 13 times and it's still fun. Especially with the Striker glitch. Pro mode also isn't that hard when you really know how to use your knife XD.

@Solus - There's a reason why taking her up the tower is a bad idea. If the villagers realize that she's up there, then they throw Molotov Cocktails up there and incinerate the tower - which will kill Ashley. I've tried it before - and it pissed me off. I just used Flash Grenades and ran past everybody.

@Godslayer - I heard that. The pistol and knife were my friends until I got to the island. I powered up my pistol first before I did my Shotgun - and only use the Shotgun for large crowds or larger enemies.

[/quote']

@Solus - There's a reason why taking her up the tower is a bad idea. If the villagers realize that she's up there' date=' then they throw Molotov Cocktails up there and incinerate the tower - which will kill Ashley. I've tried it before - and it pissed me off. I just used Flash Grenades and ran past everybody.

@Godslayer - I heard that. The pistol and knife were my friends until I got to the island. I powered up my pistol first before I did my Shotgun - and only use the Shotgun for large crowds or larger enemies.

[/quote']

1.) That's why you kill the firs guy to your left and after that they won't see you.

I've done professional dozens of times putting her in the tower immediately. Never once was she burned alive. Try harder.

2.) Lolshotgun. Rocket Launcher is my immediate disposal of large groups of enemies.

If the Gamecube Version had the Laser, I'd use that.

Also, after Knife-fighting Krauser, the laser dodging part is fun. =3 Since I'm used to button mashers, my reaction time is perfect. ;D

And Typewriter ftw.

[/quote']

@Solus - There's a reason why taking her up the tower is a bad idea. If the villagers realize that she's up there' date=' then they throw Molotov Cocktails up there and incinerate the tower - which will kill Ashley. I've tried it before - and it pissed me off. I just used Flash Grenades and ran past everybody.

[/quote']

1.) That's why you kill the firs guy to your left and after that they won't see you.

I've done professional dozens of times putting her in the tower immediately. Never once was she burned alive. Try harder.

2.) Lolshotgun. Rocket Launcher is my immediate disposal of large groups of enemies.

Also, after Knife-fighting Krauser, the laser dodging part is fun. =3 Since I'm used to button mashers, my reaction time is perfect. ;D

And Typewriter ftw.

@the Tower scenario - Yeah, tell me that again when the reinforcements come from the south and automatically head for Ashley. That or when the villagers run past you whenever you get your foot caught in a beartrap. If you don't do that part just right, then the tower is not recommended. I always use a Flash Grenade to get past that part.

@the Laser scenario - Leon knows about the Matrix.

[/quote']

[/quote']

And Typewriter ftw.

@the Tower scenario - Yeah, tell me that again when the reinforcements come from the south and automatically head for Ashley. That or when the villagers run past you whenever you get your foot caught in a beartrap. If you don't do that part just right, then the tower is not recommended. I always use a Flash Grenade to get past that part.

It's a lot easier since they don't spawn in the tower. Just stand there under the ladder and hold 'em off. ;D

Also, what Matrix? Nothing is as it seems. *eerie noises and strange numbers in the sky*

[/quote']

[/quote']

And Typewriter ftw.

It's a lot easier since they don't spawn in the tower. Just stand there under the ladder and hold 'em off. ;D

Also, what Matrix? Nothing is as it seems. *eerie noises and strange numbers in the sky*

I know they don't spawn in the tower. They spawn near it - and that's all they need to do. I'd rather run while they're blinded.

Leon sure got a hell of a lot better since the days of RE2

[/quote']

[/quote']

And Typewriter ftw.

I know they don't spawn in the tower. They spawn near it - and that's all they need to do. I'd rather run while they're blinded.

Leon sure got a hell of a lot better since the days of RE2

Did he run faster in RE2? Cuz damn, he's slow to me.

Also, discuss favorite treasures. Mine is the first elegant mask and the butterfly lamp. I love fixing 'em up with the gems and eyes that go to them.

@Solus - No' date=' he runs the same speed in RE2 as he does in RE4. In RE2, Leon is more naive and less combat-oriented.

@Godslayer - The Crown is worth the most money in the game.

Favorite part of the game for me? Island as well - more action. The Castle is annoying.

[/quote']

The crown is the jewel that is worth the most, but the item that is worth the most is either the Chicago Typewriter or the Infinite Rocket Launcher. They both sell for 500K.

@Solus - No' date=' he runs the same speed in RE2 as he does in RE4. In RE2, Leon is more naive and less combat-oriented.

@Godslayer - The Crown is worth the most money in the game.

Favorite part of the game for me? Island as well - more action. The Castle is annoying.

[/quote']

The crown is the jewel that is worth the most, but the item that is worth the most is either the Chicago Typewriter or the Infinite Rocket Launcher. They both sell for 500K.

That's true, but why on earth would you even WANT to sell those after you just bought them?

On another note, the Handcannon takes 750K to fully power up.

Archived