Yu-gi-oh Capsule Monster Coliseum

Astro Dude

For Starting on this game:

Use wind monsters to start, they gain advantages in water, making Joey easy.

Tristan can be beaten by Fire monsters, Wind's allies.

Duke Devlin has basic monsters - stronger monsters will overcome him.

Tea has a water symbol. Use some fires as well, because of petit moths, should be beaten without too much trouble.

Trusdale (Grandpa) has wood monsters. Fire monsters can gain extra stats of the board and from your symbol.

After this, your monsters should have enough momentum to get to Kaiba for the first time. Here, thunder monsters will come into play when tackling blue eyes white dragon. Using other strong monsters (even Dark) can work, and be used to your advantage.

HINTS : Noteably, it is easier to destroy Pegasus' symbol on both battles v him. Use 5 EXCEPTIONALLY strong monsters and you can beat him. Make sure the monsters you want off him are destroyed though.

Do this against Shadi's first battle. Use 3 Droll Birds and 2 Headed King Rex as backup. Kaiba (2nd battle) can be destroyed similarly, but his symbol is almost impossible to destroy - destroy the monsters instead!

Against Yami Bakura, if symbol is earth, don't stand on middle tile. It makes Dark gain power...

Use EARTH to beat the game next, and thunder is a good 3rd option.

Thanks for the helpful hints. I'll be back with The Duelists of Teir 3.

Board 1: Moonlit Cherry Blossoms

Duelist: Bakura

Voiced by: Ed Paul (Ted Lewis[Now he's Jack Atlas in 5d's])

Symbol: Dark

MP: 680

Max Monsters: 7

Max AP: 500

Bakura: Yugi, I'm still learning this game, so please take it easy on me.

Yami Yugi: But it's not an honorable duel if I don't treat you with respect, and duel to the best of my abilities Bakura.

Bakura: (Sigh) I guess that's true, but as long as I have fun, It'll be smashing.

Yami Yugi: Right.

Many of you will like this board and the music accompanied by it. Bakura uses a Dark Symbol but has an Earth monster in his arsenal. I suggest using Light for Dark, Dark for Earth, Wood for his WD #1 and Blast Juggler (Fire) for his Queen of Autumn Leaves. Place your BJ in the bottom left hand corner of your setup area. When you move monsters, make sure your Light monsters aren't within the attack range of his Winged Dragon #1. Try to move and attack quickly and you'll win the duel.

Bakura: (Sigh), I lost. But I had a lot of fun.

Yami Yugi: You were an excellent duelist Bakura.

Bakura: Really? Oh I know you're just saying that to make me feel better, heh heh. Keep going Yugi, I know you can win the whole tournament.

Board 2: Treasure Trove

Duelist: Bandit Keith

Voiced by: Ed Paul (Ted Lewis [see above])

MP: 750

Max Monsters: 8

Max AP: 450

Bandit Keith: Hey kid, I'm your next opponent, the great Bandit Keith. I'm the former American champ. There's no way a snot-nosed punk like you can beat me.

Yami Yugi: Heh, If you're the former American champion, then that means you're not the champion anymore, right?

Bandit Keith: Shut your mouth runt, I'm warnin' ya! Dissin' me's gonna be hazardous to your health!

Yami Yugi: How dare you call yourself a champion! You've always duelled without pride or honor, cheating every chance you get! You've fallen far Bandit Keith, so far that you're nothing more than a failure.

Bandit Keith: Urgh! I'll make you eat your words. You're about to feel the greatest pain you've ever felt in your life!

Bandit Keith, Like Duke, is a Dark user who also uses Thunder Monsters. A healthy dise of Light and Earth should help. The difference is that there isn't as much light here, so be carefull. I suggest Light Monsters that could use the level boost. The one monster you really want to watch out for is Keith's Barrel Dragon. It can move two squares but can attack from three. That's something to look out for if your Earth monsters are heavily beaten. Just pound away with light and you're in the clear.

Bandit Keith: N-No way! I've beaten tougher opponents than you, how could I lose?!

Yami Yugi: This duel was over before it began, when you decided to fight without honor.

Bandit Keith: What do you know? Drill this into your head, next time I will get my revenge. Just you wait. I'm outta here!

Yami Yugi: Good-bye and good ridance Bandit Keith.

Board 3: Imperfect Paradise

Duelist: Maximillion Pegasus

Voiced by: Darren Dunstan (He's now Kaz in Chaotic and Chaotic Marillian Invasion)

Symbol: Light

MP: 780

Max AP: 550

Maximillion Pegasus: Oh, Yugi boy, You're my next opponent.

Yami Yugi: Maximillion Pegasus, This will not be an easy duel.

Maximillion Pegasus: Now, let the fun and games begin.

Yami Yugi: Fine Pegasus, Lets duel.

Pegasus is a pretty tough cookie here. If you have any Dark Monsters do NOT bring them here. The board is Light heavy. You can use Earth, Thunder, Fire and Wind monsters here. Monsters like Firewing Pegasus and Blast Juggler could be a help here. Pegasus never moves his Light monsters right away. Take advantage of that fact. If you can take him out quickly, please do so, and don't forgewt to pick up his Ancient Tree.

Pegasus: How can I... lose? Only you could've defeated me Yugi boy.

Yami Yugi: (Phew), That was an incredible duel. I didn't know how to react to may of your attacks.

Pegasus: But that was when your true skill emerged. There are many powerful opponents waiting to take down the mighty Yugi. I hope you're prepared.

Yami Yugi: I am.

Board 4: Burning Earth

Duelist: Odion

Voiced by: Michael Alston Baley (He voiced Sunshine in Ultimate Muscle, was the narrator in The Third, Crasher Wake in Pokemon, Mr. Wuu in Three Delivery and recently he was Dusknoir in the Pokemon MD Explorers of Sky special. I really like his voice. It sounds so cool.)

Symbol: Earth

MP: 750

AP: 480

Odion: So you are the one known as Yugi.

Yami Yugi: Odion, I feel overwhelming strength from him.

Odion: Whoever stands in my way, it is my duty to bury them.

Yami Yugi: Heh, well see about that.

Odion: Bwa ha ha ha, I sense that you are also a powerful duelist. However, Milleniums of strategies have been passed down along my bloodline. Strategies that you have never seen or can comprehend. It's time to duel Yugi.

Yami Yugi: Here I come Odion.

Odion has almost placed all his eggs in one basket, yet they are tough to take down one on one. A healthy dose of Dark, Water and Earth and you should be a-ok. He has a high level Fire Reaper and a Skelengel that can cause heavy damage thanks to his Symbol. Be thankful this is the last Earth Symbol master. The board benefits Earth monsters as well, use that to your advantage and play sniper with High attack range monsters, if you have them. You should be done with this duel in no time at all, if you plan wisely.

Odion: Congradulations Yugi. I feel honored that I was able to duel an opponent with such skill.

Yami Yugi: Odion, I too share the same sentament.

Odion: So it is, so it will be. Go Yugi, let's see if you can climb the mountain and win this tournament!

Yami Yugi: Right.

Final Board: Guru's Garden

Duelist: Marik Ishtar

Voiced by: JT Ross (He was a nameless guard in Season 2 episode 2 of Winx Club)

MP: 900

Max AP: 650

Marik: Ah there you are Pharaoh. Are you ready to lose evrything you hold dear?

Yami Yugi: Marik Ishtar, I sense an unbelievable force within his soul.

Marik: Pharaoh, I've been waiting for this duel for millenia, and I won't wait a second longer.

Yami Yugi: I see, if this is a duel that's been destined since the ancient past, then there is no way I can avoid this duel, even if I wanted too.

Marik: Perish, Pharaoh.

Yami Yugi: It's time to duel Marik.

You'd figure this would take place after the events of Battle City. Go figure. Anyway, Marik has some Dark, and Water monsters. And he has a Bolt Penguin, which can cause trouble for Light Monsters, if not taken out right away. If you have a level 4 Larvas now would be the time to evolve it to Mon Larvas. Another monster to watch out for is Zoa. It's tough to beat if not prepared properly. Use Light and Wind and one Earth. The cool thing about this board is all 8 attributes are infused into cubes:

Red=Fire, Orange=Earth, Yellow=Thunder, White=Light, Green=Wood, Blue=Wind, Indigo=Water, Purple=Dark.

If you can take out his heavy hitters, take out his crabs and you're on your way to Area 4.

Marik: What?! I lost!

Yami Yugi: This duel of Destiny was in my favor Marik.

Marik: Why?! Why did I lise to this amateur of a Pharaoh!

Yami Yugi: As long as you are controled by the Shadows, you will never be able to defeat me.

Marik: Grrrr! Just you wait Pharaoh!

Next up, the duelists of Area 4, This is where it gets serious.

I thought it was cool, what with the Authentic Voiceovers and everything. Could've used more monsters though.

And now, the Duelists of Area 4:

Board 1: Limitless Sanctuary

Duelist: Shadi

Voiced by: Wayne Grayson (See Joey)

Symbol: Light

MP: 850

Max AP: 680

Shadi: We finally meet Pharaoh. Once and for all, let me test your real strength.

Yami Yugi: It seems this duel is unavoidable. Shadi, no matter how much this duel twists and turns, I will win.

You have to give it up to the game's board designers, they sure know how to make a board. The architecture is amazing. Anyway, when you setup your monsters both yours and Shadi's symbols are placed in the center of the board and your monsters are placed on opposite corners of the board. You have to get your Symbol out of the line of Shadi's Faith Bird. Use Earth, Water and Wood in this board. Be careful though, one wrong move could cost you. Be careful and you will win.

Shadi: I lost this game.

Yami Yugi: True, but I have a feeling this is the beginning of something.

Shadi: The beginning? Perhaps so. We will meet again Yugi, I promise you that.

Board 2: Wicked Ceremonial Site.

Duelist: Yami Bakura/Zorc Necrophades (But none of us ever knew that till the final saga.)

Voiced by: Ed Paul (Ted Lewis[see Bakura and Bandit Keith])

MP: 800

Max AP: 750

Yami Bakura: Hah ha ha, I couldn't wait to duel you.

Yami Yugi: Is that so, Bakura.

Yami Bakura: Ha ha, Bakura. No no. I'm more than that. And you don't stand a chance, not after I learned all your strategies when you duelled against my HOST BODY. You may have defeated Bakura, but his skills are complete garbage when compared to mine.

Yami Yugi: Oh really, then let me put your abilities to the test.

Yami Bakura: Fine. It'll be my pleasure to destroy you Yugi.

Yami Bakura is pure evil and this board suits him. I suggest the Light/Earth strategy. True the Light Monsters may not be able to dish it out but they can take it, especially with the abilities of Prisman and Genin, if you have them. Two monsters you might want are his Pumpking and Tri-Horned Dragon (How is a tri-horn possible anyway?) But watch out for his Thunder monsters. They could be trouble if left unchecked. If you can take down his heavy-hitters, the rest should fall. If you have Darks of your own then the added effect from pressing the Skull square will be a big help, or hinder from your point of view. With the right placement, if Bakura was easy, his not so better half will fall just as quickly.

Yami Yugi: This duel is over Bakura.

Yami Bakura: Yugi, I let you win this time. Go and conquer this meaningless tournament, I don't really care. Until we meet again, ha ha ha.

Board 3: Corridors of Madness

Duelist: Yami Marik (He scares me)

Voiced by: JT Ross (See Marik [i have no idea how he could pull of that kind of voice])

Symbol: Wind

Max AP: 680

Yami Marik: Ha ha ha, Greetings, Pharaoh.

Yami Yugi: Marik.

Yami Marik: Marik? No, I'm something much more exciting. It's time to duel against Shadows and Darkness, Ha ha ha ha.

Yami Yugi: What do you want, the title as Capsule Monsters Champion?

Yami Marik: Ha ha, The title? I care nothing about the title. What I want is simple. I want everything! I want the world in my clutches. But what I want most is your defeat as you rot in the Shadow Realm.

Yami Yugi: You've lost your mind. I will stop you, no matter what it costs.

Yami Marik: Ha ha ha. Then let's duel Pharaoh.

You'd figure Yami Marik would have a dark symbol here. Anyway this board has a few tricks to it. When you land on a space, the space mirroring it will sink. Use Water, Wood, Light and Earth here. One good strategy is to sink his side of the field to weaken or even destroy his monsters. If you get to move first, Sink the squares you think his first two monsters will land and move within that range. It should be enough to damage his monsters from the poison gas. If you can weaken his monsters enough for a sure kill, you'll have this duel all wrapped up. After all, if you don't get his monsters, the poison gas will.

Yami Yugi: I win.

Yami Marik: Argh! I'll let you have this round Pharaoh but next time, I will destroy you until you're nothing more than a memory.

Yami Yugi: Wait, where are you going?

Yami Marik: Ha ha ha ha ha ha, see ya.

Yami Yugi: Marik!

Board 4: Crimson Valley

Duelist: Ishizu Ishtar

Voiced by: Karen Neill (She was Karai in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4kids version)

Symbol: Wind

Max AP: 650

Yami Yugi: So you're my next opponent, Ishizu.

Ishizu: Fate has foretold that you and I were destined to duel.

Yami Yugi: And I assume you'll tell me that no one can escape their destiny.

Ishizu: Ugh, I knew you were going to say that.

Yami Yugi: Hmmm, with the magic of her Millenium Necklace, she will prove most formidable.

Ishizu: Let us begin Yugi.

Yami Yugi: It's time to duel Ishizu.

This duel is certainly an interesting one. I suggest Fire, Wood, Dark and Light for the respective monsters Ishizu uses. What makes this board interesting is the sun cycle. During the brief 2 turns of Sunset Fire Monsters get a boost, During the day, Light and at night Dark. Use the cycle to your advantage and you'll get three monsters. Pick up Kazejin if you want Gate Guardian.

Ishizu: Congradulations Yugi. I do not know how you did it, but in this duel you've changed the future.

Yami Yugi: Ishizu, there is no future for someone who cannot think on their own. Every person can do anything they want as long as they truely believe. I believed in myself and my monsters and that was what led me to victory.

Ishizu: Yugi, so people can alter the future.

Yami Yugi: Maybe, but I never believed the future was set in stone.

Ishizu: Ah ha. That means I can believe in a future where you win the championship.

Yami Yugi: Thank you Ishizu.

Final Board: City of Redemption.

Duelist: (Who else?) Seto Kaiba.

Voiced by: Eric Stuart (The guys a legend. He had his own band. Anyway, Brock in Pokemon seasons 1-8, Gourry in Slayers, the list goes on.)

Symbol: Light (Duh)

MP: 850

Max AP: 700

Kaiba: Ha ha, Yugi, Nothing can excite me unless it's a duel against you.

Yami Yugi: It's you Kaiba.

Kaiba: Ha ha, I knew we would meet. How you may ask? Because there's only one duelist in the world who could defeat you, and that's me.

Yami Yugi: I will not let you have the title of King of Capsule Monsters. It's time to duel Kaiba.

Kaiba: Bring it on Yugi!

Sounds like Seto is pretty mad about how you beat his little brother in Area 2. And who can blame him. Anyway The board looks like a city that is, for lack of a better term, dying. Use Dark, Thunder and Water for this board. As usual Kaiba will have his signature monster: Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Once this behemoth is out and about there's almost no stopping it. Take it down before it takes you down. Do that and you'll win in no time at all.

Kaiba: I can't believe it. I... lost.

Yami Yugi: Our skills were even, but my strategies were a little better.

Kaiba: Hmph! Laugh it up because you won, but remember one thing! Don't you dare lose to any other duelist! I won't allow you to lose to anyone esle after you defeated me! I promose you that we will have a rematch, a real duel for the ages. You'd better be prepared Yugi.

Yami Yugi: Good-bye Kaiba.

The final five duels will be in the next post, count on it. King Coliseum is next.

• 1 year later...

Archived