Blackwing Guide -final- [Ways to support them!]

Okay, today, I'll cover the cards you can run in a BW deck to help their strategy. So let's start:

Monsters

1- Dark Armed Dragon

DarkArmedDragonGLD2-EN-GUR-LE.jpg

Famous for the Tele-DAD deck that was raped by the Ban list, this card now works in BW very well. Getting 3 Blackwings in the Grave can easily be accomplish thanks to discards and Synchro Summons.

Ex) Synchro Summon Stardust Dragon using BW - Gale and BW - Sirocco (2), Then use Lightning Vortex (or any discard) to discard another DARK: Then summon DAD and be able to destroy 3 of your opponent's cards (with protection from Stardust at the same time). From the 2 Dragon's attacks, your opponent would have lost 5300 LP!

Run @ 1 (Ban list says so) if possible, if not go for the next card below.

2- The Dark Creator:

TheDarkCreatorPTDN-EN-ScR.png

If you can't get DAD, use this guy instead. The summoning requirements are a bit hard, but worth it. Great for restarting the swarm by recovering monsters. I wouldn't recommend more than 1 though, especially if you already have DAD in your deck. Easier to get than DAD though...

3- Dark Nepthys

DarkNephthysPTDN-EN-UR.png

Another DARK that is actually pretty good (not perfect, but good) in BWs too. It's SS requirements are easier than Creator's and this can help control your Graveyard to make summoning DAD easier. The S/T destruction effect helps open the field for safe swarming too. The fact that it's winged Beast also helps because you can use it for Icarus Attack, Battlestorm, Swallow's Nest, etc. aswell. Running it is up to you, but to me this helps.

4- Battlestorm

BattlestormRGBT-EN-ScR-1E.png

CAPTAIN FALCON!! Anyway, before you max this at 3, this card is not as useful as you would think. The fact that it's not a Blackwing and that you have to normal summon it slows the strategy down a little. The S/T destruction is nice here again though.

Basically, it does help in ways and it doesn't in ways too. :?

Spells

1- Allure of Darkness

AllureofDarknessPTDN-EN-UR-1E.png

Not much to say here other than that this is your best draw power here.

Easy to get now (thanks to the RGBT SE) and necessary.

Run @ 2 (Max).

2- Swallow's Nest

Swallow%27sNestRGBT-EN-SR-1E.jpg

This card helps a fair amount. Being able to switch out Bora for Shura or for getting Gale out for a quick Synchro/Cut down an opponent's monster. Or tribut Sirocco (after using it's effect on another monster, then summon another Sirocco to power up the monster even more. This works best with Bora the Spear (because of the piercing effect) and could cause an OTK on a weak enough target (great against something like Spirit Reaper). Overall, fairly useful, but not neccesary.

Run it if you get it. If you don't have it, it won't hurt you.

3- Dark Eruption

DarkEruptionPTDN-EN-SR.png

This card is great for getting Gale and Kalut back. Not much else, but returning Gale or Kalut is very important here.

Ex) Synchro Summon BW Armor Master, then use this to get the Gale you used, then SS it right to the field again. Essentially, when returning Gale, if you control a BW, this card becomes a Monster Reborn. Great

Run @ 2. If you can only get 1, Against the Wind is a decent replacement.

4- Icarus Attack

IcarusAttackEOJ-EN-C.jpg

This card is great here. Good for getting another BW in the Grave (towards Creator or DAD) and for opening the field for a swarm attack.

This should be run @ 2~1, more if you run Battlestorm.

Protection Support

Being able to protect your monsters is a very important thing here (duh)

1- My Body as a Shield

MyBodyasaShieldCP01-EN-C-UE.jpg

This card is one of the better protection cards you can get. 1500 LP may seem like a heavy cost but compared to Solemn Judgement (which costs half your LP), it's worth it.

Run @ 2~3, based on what else is run here. This card is the best protection card you can get for the least price (around $1) that's good.

2- Stardust Dragon

StardustDragonDP08-EN-SR-1E.jpg

Not much to say here that isn't obvious. You should be running this @ 2 anyway.

3- Nobleman of Extermination

NoblemanofExterminationDB1-EN-C-UE.jpg

This card is actually a fairly good card and usually understimated. If you use this on an opponent's Solemn, they just lost all 3. or half their LP. (both good here). This is also good for the basic removal of a card that could ruin you stratey (like Solemn of Mirror Force, etc.). Most of the top decks in the JP nationals run this too.

Running this is up to you.

4- Trap Stun

TrapStunRGBT-EN-C-1E.png

Good for a clear swarm attack, or just for negating a Trap card. A fairly good and easy to get card.

Running this is up to you as well.

5- Cold Wave

ColdWaveCP06-EN-C-UE.png

Same as Trap Stun, but some players perfer this instead.

If you can't get one, use the other.

~Other staple cards~

- Monster Reborn

- Heavy Storm

- Brain Control

- Mirror Force (or Threatening Roars if you don't have it)

etc.

- Giant Trunade

More on the way, anything you want to add, feel free to tell me. I made this so new players could learn how to use BWs correctly.

I quickly skimmed through this and noticed you hadn't included one of the best uses for Swallow's Nest. You triubte Sirocco to hunt for another in order to pump a Blackwing (usually Bora) to ridiculous ATK strength for another potential way to OTK.

None of those monsters should be run in BWs, except maybe DAD, and possibly not even DAD because Blackwings have little means of grave control and can't splash grave control without compromising from their main purpose, swarm&kill.

Nobleman's situational, Cold Wave and Trunade > Trap Stun. As do Storm, Reverse, and Decree.

But yeah, everything here's obvious or bad.

None of those monsters should be run in BWs' date=' except maybe DAD, and possibly not even DAD because Blackwings have little means of grave control and can't splash grave control without compromising from their main purpose, swarm&kill.

[b']You should try BWs sometime.[/b]

Nobleman's situational, Cold Wave and Trunade > Trap Stun. As do Storm, Reverse, and others.

I included Anti Rverse in the RGBT guide, Storm is mentioned as a staple card, and I will add Trunade. I find Trap Stun more useful than Cold Wave personally, but I'll add it.

Guest PikaPerson01

But yeah' date=' everything here's obvious or bad.[/quote']

This this this!

"Durr! It's a deck with a lot of dark monsters! Should I run one of the most overpowered dark support monsters, Dark Armed Dragon, or not?"

On a completely unrelated note, DAD isn't know JUST for TeleDAD. Heck, it was splashed into many decks that even remotely had a good amount of darks in them. <_<

You should try BWs sometime.

If you're too stubborn to run BWs properly' date=' you shouldn't be dedicating your entire account to them. Blackwings can't afford to support Grave control outside of Vayuwings without losing their main idea. Stuff like Dark Nephthys, The Dark Creator, and Battlestorm are too slow.

[/quote']

I said that for Battlestorm. I'm just giving additonal ideas.

You should try BWs sometime.

If you're too stubborn to run BWs properly' date=' you shouldn't be dedicating your entire account to them. Blackwings can't afford to support Grave control outside of Vayuwings without losing their main idea. Stuff like Dark Nephthys, The Dark Creator, and Battlestorm are too slow.

[/quote']

I said that for Battlestorm. I'm just giving additonal ideas.

People're fully aware of the existence of these "additional ideas". The reason they don't practice these ideas are because they're bad.

Archived