Fiber Dragon

fortycal86

[img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5153/213069i.jpg[/img][Spoiler=Effect]If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand by returning 1 EARTH Monster from your hand to your Deck, then draw 1 card. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon.[/Spoiler][Spoiler=Image Credit][url]http://thedragonofdoom.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-of-Earth-71826388[/url][/Spoiler]

I would like to hear your opinions on my card. I want to know if its broken or great support. Also if my OCG is a little off please correct me and if you can, tell me if you like the images. I will give +REP for those who review or help.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i suggest taking out the "the draw 1 card part" because you basically are sending 1 card and getting 1 card back to SS this monster, plus im not positive but i think by your wording of that part you missed your timing on SS that monster

Well the point is to retain the power of Cyber Dragon. By drawing you don't lose advantage but, the card that is returned to the Deck must be a EARTH monster. So the card doesn't become splashable like Cyber Dragon. The draw is still part of the requirement for the Special Summon so the timing is not missed.

ok but how you have it worded it sounds like Return 1 monster, SS, then draw 1 card which might cause the mistiming question... to avoid the potential confusion, change the wording to

"you can Special Summon this card from your hand by shuffling 1 EARTH Monster from your hand into your Deck and draw 1 card." That way you don't miss the potential timing between sending, shuffling and drawing or the potential confusion.

Well the point is to keep it EARTH based without losing hand advantage. It mimics the abilities of Fiber Jar in a way while maintaining the power of Cyber Dragon. If I were to take the Draw part out it wouldn't even be playable.

Also thank you both for the review. I really appreciate it.

Correct OCG:

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand by adding 1 EARTH monster from your hand to your Deck and drawing 1 card. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon.

probably should really be "...used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster..." but thats just too redundant...:P

also..add is the proper base word for this effect...return would only be used if you drew a card(s) first...see "Crystal Seer"

Correct OCG:

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters' date=' you can Special Summon this card from your hand by adding 1 EARTH monster from your hand to your Deck and drawing 1 card. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon.

probably should really be "...used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster..." but thats just too redundant...:P

also..add is the proper base word for this effect...return would only be used if you drew a card(s) first...see "Crystal Seer"

[/quote']

Adding a card would make it a +1. That's not balanced.

Also the part about returning and then drawing is not true. Just because a card has not been created like this doesn't mean the OCG is off. Any card that gets sent back to the Deck the word return would be used.

Anyway thanks for reviewing my card, I appreciate it. I will give you +REP when I get the chance.

add from hand to deck = -1

what if the EARTH monster didn't come from your deck? Amazoness Chain Master lets you add a card from your opponent's hand to yours. Returning would'nt apply in that case' date=' because the card that's going to your Deck actually came from your opponent's Deck.

[/quote']

My bad I misread. Even still that's not the correct OCG add would only refer to bringing a card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. Return would be the correct OCG not add.

I like it. It's downside could also be an upside as well' date=' you cant use an EARTH card, return it to the deck and draw a different one. 9/10

[/quote']

Thanks I'm glad you like it, I truly appreciate it. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

Like I said before its not like its a +1 its a 1 for 1. If I make it a -1 it won't even be playable. I wanted it to retain the power of Cyber Dragon but, without the splashability. Also its suppose to mimic Fiber Jar in a way. Anyway thanks for the review and I really appreciate the high rating. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

Additional Comment

All REP's have been sent sorry for the wait.

Bit confusing

7/10

I don't understand how its confusing but' date=' thanks for the good rating. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

i really like the pic, but... i have heard fiber before... maybe in "Fiber jar" hmm idk still i like 9/10

Well I'm glad you like it, I truly appreciate it. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

Name - 9/10 [sounds like it would be a fusion or a synchro between Fiber Jar and a Dragon]

Effect - 5/10 [just take out the "Draw 1" part and it would be good]

Picture - 9/10

Total 23/30

I know you want to keep the "Draw 1" part, but i mean really, IF you plan on using this in Duels, it will join Cyber Dragon at 1, IF it is even allowed

i like the card 9.5/10.

+1 cool pick

+1 not over powered

+1 not under powered

+.5 clear ucg

+1 originality

and +5 for other things i dont have the time to write

The last part made me LOL. Anyway thanks for the high rating. I'm really glad you think its balanced but' date=' not overpowered. Thank you for taking the time to review my card, I truly appreciate it. I will give you +REP when I get the chance.

remove the draw 1 card effect' date=' and then it'll be relatively balanced

8/10

[/quote']

What Ragnarok said

Like I said before it won't even be playable if I did that. Anyway thanks for reviewing my card. I will give you +REP when I get the chance.

Name - 9/10 [sounds like it would be a fusion or a synchro between Fiber Jar and a Dragon]

Effect - 5/10 [just take out the "Draw 1" part and it would be good]

Picture - 9/10

Total 23/30

I know you want to keep the "Draw 1" part' date=' but i mean really, IF you plan on using this in Duels, it will join Cyber Dragon at 1, IF it is even allowed

[/quote']

Its not even close to Cyber Dragon's power. Not only does it require an EARTH monster in your hand but, it also cannot be Synchro Summoned if you didn't know its very popular in the Meta. Like I said it won't even be playable if I took out the draw 1 card part. If I did take it out I would rather just run a card like The Tricky (which I would never run in a Deck EVER).

Bit confusing

7/10

I don't understand how its confusing but' date=' thanks for the good rating. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

i really like the pic, but... i have heard fiber before... maybe in "Fiber jar" hmm idk still i like 9/10

Well I'm glad you like it, I truly appreciate it. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

not really necesary,. now i got my own way to rate---

(OCG- Near to clean) 15/20

(Pic- greatest i seen today) 55/60

(Effect- Great) 15/20

8.5 = Good job

Archived