Fiber Dragon

fortycal86

The picture fits with the effect and name.

I liked the effect :D looks like Cyber Dragon but better. Making it not able to Synchro Summon is a nice way to balance it (But it can still use for a Tribute Summon)

Rate - 9.2/10 (Nice Job ;))

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The picture fits with the effect and name.

I liked the effect :D looks like Cyber Dragon but better. Making it not able to Synchro Summon is a nice way to balance it (But it can still use for a Tribute Summon)

Rate - 9.2/10 (Nice Job ;))

Yea I thought because Synchro Summoning is much easier I would limit just that part. I kept it so it can be Tribute Summoned because if you were to run this card it would have to be in a dedicated EARTH Deck. So it wouldn't really be used in something like Monarchs which really relies on splashable tribute fodder. Anyway thanks for the great review, I really appreciate it. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

Like I've said to everybody else who said that. If I remove that it won't even be playable. It would be like The Tricky but, worse and who do you know that runs The Tricky. That was a rhetorical question that's why I ended it with a period. Nobody in their right mind would run The Tricky. Anyway thanks for the review, I truly appreciate it. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

My Fix:

If you control no monsters and your opponent controls 1 or more monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand to the field in face-up Attack Position by returning 1 EARTH Monster from your hand to your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck and draw 1 card. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster.

idea is cool

I like it

and I like the pic

but pic credit...

deviantart has a lot of members

you should specify wich of 'em is

other than that

awsome card ^_^

9.9/10

My Fix:

If you control no monsters and your opponent controls 1 or more monsters' date=' you can Special Summon this card from your hand to the field in face-up Attack Position by returning 1 EARTH Monster from your hand to your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck and draw 1 card. This card cannot be used for a Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster.

idea is cool

I like it

and I like the pic

but pic credit...

deviantart has a lot of members

you should specify wich of 'em is

other than that

awsome card ^_^

9.9/10

[/quote']

I truly appreciate you taking the time to review my card, thank you. Also the OCG could actually be written either way mine is just a little shorter and to the point. Also I updated the image credit to the actual link. Thank you for that as well. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

The OCG is good and confusing' date=' so I can't really give any fixes. The pic is cool, and the name kind of fits. I'll give you a 9/10. :D

[/quote']

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you like it. I will give you +REP when I get the chance.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to review my card' date=' thank you. Also the OCG could actually be written either way mine is just a little shorter and to the point. Also I updated the image credit to the actual link. Thank you for that as well. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

[/quote']

no prob man

and you're right 'bout OCG

there are different ways

anytime man ^_^

Thank you, I don't look at such simple things like if your a newbie or not. If your nice to people I shouldn't nor should anyone else ever be mean.

no prob man

and you're right 'bout OCG

there are different ways

anytime man ^_^

Thanks, your OCG was also correct. I just like the simple way of writing in slightly better.

I don't like repeating myself so I'm just gonna pretty much copy and paste what I said before. Like I've said to everybody else who said remove the draw part. If I remove that it won't even be playable. It would be like The Tricky but, worse and nobody in their right mind would run The Tricky. Anyway thanks for the review, I truly appreciate it.

Observe my highly scientific calculations:

The Tricky has 2000 ATK, and can be Special Summoned by discarding 1 card.

Cyber Dragon has 2100 ATK, and can be Special Summoned only when your opponent has a monster and you don't. More difficult to complete, but not requiring usage of your resources.

Combining the effects in a monster with Cyber Dragon's stats - a therefore even more difficult condition - is offset by the higher ATK/DEF of said monster.

Now we take the leap to the Fiber Dragon. It requires an EARTH monster rather than any card, but allows a draw to make up for this. Lastly, it's a Plant, which is now one of the most competitive types (and, of course, mostly EARTH), so the final effect could be warranted.

Personally, I think you could alter the effect from it cannot be used for a Synchro Summon to making it only able to used for a Plant-Type Synchro Monster. A major but minor change.

Observe my highly scientific calculations:

The Tricky has 2000 ATK' date=' and can be Special Summoned by discarding 1 card.

Cyber Dragon has 2100 ATK, and can be Special Summoned only when your opponent has a monster and you don't. More difficult to complete, but not requiring usage of your resources.

Combining the effects in a monster with Cyber Dragon's stats - a therefore even more difficult condition - is offset by the higher ATK/DEF of said monster.

Now we take the leap to the Fiber Dragon. It requires an EARTH monster rather than any card, but allows a draw to make up for this. Lastly, it's a Plant, which is now one of the most competitive types (and, of course, mostly EARTH), so the final effect could be warranted.

Personally, I think you could alter the effect from it cannot be used for a Synchro Summon to making it only able to used for a Plant-Type Synchro Monster. A major but minor change.

[/quote']

Very observant and well written post. I'm glad you understand what my intentions were for my card. Its the EARTH version of Cyber Dragon but, still retaining the power of Cyber Dragon just with more of a requirement. I didn't want it to be Synchro Summoned at all only because I want to go away from the Synchro Summoning and keep him a strictly attack beatstick but, still giving him the Tribute Summoning capabilities the original Cyber Dragon had. I also have Fusion Monsters for him as well but, I'm still balancing those out. I also cannot find images for the Fusions that is another reason I didn't post them as well. Anyway I really appreciate the time you took to write a more in depth review on my card, thank you. I will +REP you when I get the chance.

Archived