Forum for Riddles, Puzzles, Jokes, Poems, and challenges.

pure.awesomeness

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay' date=' this riddle(also a famous peom) is a metaphor of something. find out what that something is.

I'm a riddle in nine syllables,

An elephant, a ponderous house,

A melon strolling on two tendrils

O red fruit, Ivory, fine timber!

The loaf's big with it's yeasty rising

Money's new minted in this fat purse.

I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf.

I've eaten a bag of green apples

Boarded the train there's no getting off.

[/quote']

Life?

What word can be written forward' date=' backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?

[/quote']

Any word

Okay' date=' this riddle(also a famous peom) is a metaphor of something. find out what that something is.

I'm a riddle in nine syllables,

An elephant, a ponderous house,

A melon strolling on two tendrils

O red fruit, Ivory, fine timber!

The loaf's big with it's yeasty rising

Money's new minted in this fat purse.

I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf.

I've eaten a bag of green apples

Boarded the train there's no getting off.

[/quote']

Is it nature?

DONT READ THIS. In 2009 a musically gifted pedophile as pale as the moon was found dead in his house. His heart just couldn't beat it. If you do not copy and paste this message to five other threads, which I know you won't, the spirit of this demonic child molester will come to your house on the night of a full moon and unleash a Thriller on your ass.

Have a nice night. <3

Leave michael jackson alone! he's only a human.... i think. and so what if he thinks he's peter pan, and turned his house into a theme park to pick up children. LEAVE HIM ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

the answer is michael jackson.

kk I got one.

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

What word can be written forward' date=' backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?

[/quote'] NOON (caps) rite?

easy one:

The beginning of eternity the end of time and space. The beginning of every end and the end of every place.

What am I?

There is an initial $30 charge. It should have been $25, so $5 must be returned and accounted for. $3 is given to the 3 friends, $2 is kept by the bellhop - there you have the $5. The trick to this riddle is that the addition and subtraction are done at the wrong times to misdirect your thinking - and quite successfully for most. Each of the 3 friends did indeed pay $9, not $10, and as far as the friends are concerned, they paid $27 for the night. But we know that the clerk will tell us that they were charged only $25 and when you add the $3 returned with the $2 kept by the bellhop, you come up with $30.

But when I first heard this riddle, this is what I came up with:

The following night two friends check into the same motel. Once again the clerk charges them $30, or $15 per person. After the clerk remembers the total rate is only $25 he sends the bellhop upstairs with five $1 bills to pay the two friends back. The bellhop knows he got away with larceny once so he tries it again. But this time he pockets $3 and returns $2 to the hotel guests ($1 per guest). So each of the two guests got $1 back from their original $15. Therefore each paid $14 which is a total payment of $28 for the room. Now the bellhop has $3, the guests paid $28, for a total of $31....THERE'S THE MISSING DOLLAR!!!!

The problem is that the room was not $27, but $25. When it is said that each person paid $9 for the room, that is not entirely true. Look at it this way - when you split a $25 charge between 3 people, 1 person pays $9 and the other 2 pay $8. I this case, assume that the 2 people that paid $8 for the room really paid $9 because the bellboy has the $2, $1 from each of them. That makes the $27. The last $3 are back in posession of the 3 people (each has $1.)

The main problem in the story is that the $27 includes the money the bellboy took, so his $2 cannot be added on at the end because it's already accounted for.

Riddle One: I will make a bet with you right now. I will write a statement inside a piece of paper. You will say 'True' if true or 'False' if true. I am confident I will win this bet. What is the statement?

Riddle Two: You are trapped on an island filled with hostile natives. They take you hostage and say they will be kind and let you choose the method you die with a statement. If you tell a truth, you will be poisoned and killed quickly. If you tell a lie, you will be slowly beatened to death. What is the only way you can get out?

Archived