This is Bugging Me

Why is Pot of Greed banned' date=' and Pot of Avarice not? Pot of Avarice is like a better (When I say better, I mean cheaper) version of Pot of Greed. Does anybody know?

[/quote']

...how is Pot of Avarice in any way better than Pot of Greed?

he means in the way that greed draws 2, and avarice recyvles 5 monsters and draws 2.

but the reason little Zugh, that PoG os banned is:

lets compare the two:

what happens when there arent 5 monster in your grave?:

greed: nothing, and still draw two cards

avarice: nothing.

Avarice is not as good as Greed because it fattens the Deck. This means that you have less of a chance drawing the card that you need.

what if the card you need is in your graveyard?

You'll have to put five cards back, meaning you're unlikely to draw it anyway. It's easier to get something in the graveyard than something in the deck.

Certain decks run PoA differently. Say you have DaD in your deck and 8 dark monsters in your graveyard. Use PoA return 5 draw two if you don't get DaD try adding draw support like Allure or Cyber Valley then once you draw DaD special summon it.

I run two in my MacroDark deck and it comes in handy returning Necroface and others to my deck.

Certain decks run PoA differently. Say you have DaD in your deck and 8 dark monsters in your graveyard. Use PoA return 5 draw two if you don't get DaD try adding draw support like Allure or Cyber Valley then once you draw DaD special summon it.

I run two in my MacroDark deck and it comes in handy returning Necroface and others to my deck.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Beginning_of_the_End

Edit: LOL @Macro deck with Avarice

Yes well I don't have BotE and it works because of BftDD and Necroface. Trust me it works.

BftDD doesn't work if macro is on the field.

he doesn't need it if it's on the field, and nercoface hits 5 cards, giving a decent likely of getting rid of avarce for him.

I would expect his deck to run discard cost cards though to give some sort of use.

"Cheap" could mean one of two things:

1) More unfair (implying that TC thinks the deck fattening is a good thing' date=' implying that TC is a moron)

2) Less expensive (implying that TC thinks the price has some relevance, implying that TC is a moron)

[/quote']

*takes a sip*

Can I join the beer fest?

"Cheap" could mean one of two things:

1) More unfair (implying that TC thinks the deck fattening is a good thing' date=' implying that TC is a moron)

2) Less expensive (implying that TC thinks the price has some relevance, implying that TC is a moron)

[/quote']

*takes a sip*

wait... I took 2 sips because Crab called him a moron twice

am I playing the game wrong?

ah well this topic is stupid

I'm gonna leave while I'm still sober

Archived