Someone lock this......

Immortal Chaos

Magic is more complex because of the Mana System. Without mana you cant play anything unless it costs 0 to play. Yugioh players can never grasp Mana as a concept because they are so used to just casting something for free.

Not necessarely. Like the 0 mana cards' date=' some cards do not have setbacks and disadvantages. That is the "mana cost" in Yugioh. Some cards discard cards, for example.

As for your opinion, I believe it depends on the kind of people. I've met said "Meta"s that are very nice. As a matter of fact, all the people at my local tournament are humorous and happy. I've never really met mean "Meta"s, but your experiance is different.

When the fun went away-it happened as the game got more and more complicated. It was gradual

but keep in mind that

YGO IS SRS BSNISS!!!!! Just like the interwebz

[/quote']

There are "Meta" players that are nice, I'll give you that. but when someone posts a deck, and gets feed back of "Sakuretsu Armor Sucks, take it out" Its feedback like that, that p**ses me off. Not everyone shares your ideas about what makes a good card.

Ex:

Player A has on the field Stardust Dragon

Player B has 2 face-down Spell or Trap that happen to be Sakuretsu Armor and Divine Wrath.

Player A attacks with Stardust, player B chains with Sak Armor, to which Player A activates Stardust's effect. Seeing as Stardust's effect is triggering, player B can play Divine Wrath, and negate Stardust Dragon's effect, thereby destroying Stardust.

Just because a card is rarely played, doesnt mean that it doesn't have an effect for today's game.

Magic is more complex because of the Mana System. Without mana you cant play anything unless it costs 0 to play. Yugioh players can never grasp Mana as a concept because they are so used to just casting something for free.

Not necessarely. Like the 0 mana cards' date=' some cards do not have setbacks and disadvantages. That is the "mana cost" in Yugioh. Some cards discard cards, for example.

As for your opinion, I believe it depends on the kind of people. I've met said "Meta"s that are very nice. As a matter of fact, all the people at my local tournament are humorous and happy. I've never really met mean "Meta"s, but your experiance is different.

When the fun went away-it happened as the game got more and more complicated. It was gradual

but keep in mind that

YGO IS SRS BSNISS!!!!! Just like the interwebz

[/quote']

There are "Meta" players that are nice, I'll give you that. but when someone posts a deck, and gets feed back of "Sakuretsu Armor Sucks, take it out" Its feedback like that, that p**ses me off. Not everyone shares your ideas about what makes a good card.

Ex:

Player A has on the field Stardust Dragon

Player B has 2 face-down Spell or Trap that happen to be Sakuretsu Armor and Divine Wrath.

Player A attacks with Stardust, player B chains with Sak Armor, to which Player A activates Stardust's effect. Seeing as Stardust's effect is triggering, player B can play Divine Wrath, and negate Stardust Dragon's effect, thereby destroying Stardust.

Just because a card is rarely played, doesnt mean that it doesn't have an effect for today's game.

Some cards are dated and cannot keep up with the pace of today's game, I'm not sure if Sakuretsu armor is one of them, but some are.

Regardless, do you know why people on the internet are meaner than people in real life?

They are meaner because they dont have to look at the other person face-to face.

I was hoping for someone to post the "Internet-Serious Business" pic but that could be a motive. Some people are nice on this forum. Check RP. That is where alot of nice people are.

Anyway, the original definition for "Meta" would be for the term "Meta game" which would be deck themes that can hold their own in competetive play. Some people who play Meta-Game cards make the game RL SRS BSNISS. (I love that phrase)

For awhile' date=' EVERY...and I emphasize EVERY deck just HAD to have 3 [b']Cyber Dragon[/b]s. Why? I have no clue. Konami finally got it strait and

Two year's ago, a pro once exclaimed:

For the record...YES you can make a deck without Cyber Dragon...blah blah blah.

I agree with you, some people take this game way too seriously. I don't understand why someone would play this game if not for fun; if for cash, why is it a big deal, there are MUCH better ways to make cash.

A good lot of players (<- worded precisely and I mean it to) need to chill about the importance of this game. Yeah, it's fun, but not when you whine and moan about every loss and when you make snide remarks about every game.

I don't know if this would go here or not. But I'm getting something off my chest that has been bothering me ever since I got back into Yugioh a little over a year ago. After quitting for 4-5 years I kind of expected to come back into a friendly game situation. Such was not the case. What I came back into was more or less a temper tantrum from everyone. People these days are too competitive in this game. And that's exactly what it is, a game. You people act like these cards are printed on gold paper just because they are shiny. A simple torch to them, and poof, you spent your money for nothing. Most people are "collectors". Which means they buy pack after pack, pull the rares cards....and don't use them. They are meant to be used, to be dueled against in a friendly manner. Not in "Oh well, this card is better because it negates everything." I mean come on people, when I played, everyone had a Sakuretsu Armor in their deck, not to mention Magic Cylinder. Syncro Summoning wasn't even thought of when I played last.

Go funk off. Don't tell me how I ought to use my cards. Or would you like me to go back to Acapulco, wade in the deep deep waters, and fetch for mine drownin' cards? (Oh - I did dump them cards in the waters off Acapulco last March.)

Oh - you want more? You want me to go back to my home country and get a stable job? No, still not - you want me to [fill this in with some idiotic low-level job in the cahoots].

I don't know if this would go here or not. But I'm getting something off my chest that has been bothering me ever since I got back into Yugioh a little over a year ago. After quitting for 4-5 years I kind of expected to come back into a friendly game situation. Such was not the case. What I came back into was more or less a temper tantrum from everyone. People these days are too competitive in this game. And that's exactly what it is' date=' a game. You people act like these cards are printed on gold paper just because they are shiny. A simple torch to them, and poof, you spent your money for nothing. [b']Most people are "collectors". Which means they buy pack after pack, pull the rares cards....and don't use them. They are meant to be used, to be dueled against in a friendly manner.[/b] Not in "Oh well, this card is better because it negates everything." I mean come on people, when I played, everyone had a Sakuretsu Armor in their deck, not to mention Magic Cylinder. Syncro Summoning wasn't even thought of when I played last.

Go f*** off. Don't tell me how I ought to use my cards. Or would you like me to go back to Acapulco, wade in the deep deep waters, and fetch for mine drownin' cards? (Oh - I did dump them cards in the waters off Acapulco last March.)

Oh - you want more? You want me to go back to my home country and get a stable job? No, still not - you want me to [fill this in with some idiotic low-level job in the cahoots].

Wow, ego trip. First off, I didn't swear at you, I do not appreciate that language aimed at me. I made no direct attack at you, why are you attacking me? There was no reason to attack me in the manner you did. Second, I was stating MY opinion, not what I think YOU should do. SO in your own words. "Go f*ck off." You have no right to attack me for stating my opinion. I dont know who you are, but back the f*ck off of me.

I don't know if this would go here or not. But I'm getting something off my chest that has been bothering me ever since I got back into Yugioh a little over a year ago. After quitting for 4-5 years I kind of expected to come back into a friendly game situation. Such was not the case. What I came back into was more or less a temper tantrum from everyone. People these days are too competitive in this game. And that's exactly what it is' date=' a game. You people act like these cards are printed on gold paper just because they are shiny. A simple torch to them, and poof, you spent your money for nothing. [b']Most people are "collectors". Which means they buy pack after pack, pull the rares cards....and don't use them. They are meant to be used, to be dueled against in a friendly manner.[/b] Not in "Oh well, this card is better because it negates everything." I mean come on people, when I played, everyone had a Sakuretsu Armor in their deck, not to mention Magic Cylinder. Syncro Summoning wasn't even thought of when I played last.

Go f*** off. Don't tell me how I ought to use my cards. Or would you like me to go back to Acapulco, wade in the deep deep waters, and fetch for mine drownin' cards? (Oh - I did dump them cards in the waters off Acapulco last March.)

Wow, ego trip. First off, I didn't swear at you, I do not appreciate that language aimed at me. I made no direct attack at you, why are you attacking me? There was no reason to attack me in the manner you did. Second, I was stating MY opinion, not what I think YOU should do. SO in your own words. "Go f*ck off." You have no right to attack me for stating my opinion. I dont know who you are, but back the f*ck off of me.

Here's the thing.

You did say "They are meant to be." You said what you think people should do with their cards in general, and showed contempt for the act of collecting the cards.

But it's obvious that you're just bothered when people would rather keep cards for the sake of collecting when you could use that card for your deck. (assuming that you make at least a fair offer)

No, I have no problem with collectors. I dont care what you people do with their cards. Im just saying. The whole purpose of the card are to use them. If you want to collect them, fine.....

You know what....forget it....label me as a bad guy ok? I don't care anymore.

Edit: Would an Administrator lock this topic......

No' date=' I have no problem with collectors. I dont care what you people do with their cards. Im just saying. The whole purpose of the card are to use them. If you want to collect them, fine.....

You know what....forget it....label me as a bad guy ok? I don't care anymore.

Edit: Would an Administrator lock this topic......

[/quote']

The internet is serious business.

The cards we don't use aren't collected, we don't use them because they fail.

Lrn2Yugioh

Archived