Someone lock this......

Immortal Chaos

I don't know if this would go here or not. But I'm getting something off my chest that has been bothering me ever since I got back into Yugioh a little over a year ago. After quitting for 4-5 years I kind of expected to come back into a friendly game situation. Such was not the case. What I came back into was more or less a temper tantrum from everyone. People these days are too competitive in this game. And that's exactly what it is, a game. You people act like these cards are printed on gold paper just because they are shiny. A simple torch to them, and poof, you spent your money for nothing. Most people are "collectors". Which means they buy pack after pack, pull the rares cards....and don't use them. They are meant to be used, to be dueled against in a friendly manner. Not in "Oh well, this card is better because it negates everything." I mean come on people, when I played, everyone had a Sakuretsu Armor in their deck, not to mention Magic Cylinder. Syncro Summoning wasn't even thought of when I played last.

But all that aside. My real reason for posting this is to talk about the "Meta". Now I have no real idea what the h*ll this thing is, but it's been irritating me for some time now. As far as I can tell [this is me, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong], the "Meta" is basically saying what cards should be staples? Again I'm not 100% sure on it. But all of you "Meta-Players" irritate me to no end. Not every staple card needs to be used. Sure, some of them are useful. Enemy Controler, lets you change your opponent's monster's position. Useful. Book of Moon, flip a monster face-down. Handy. Yes I use them in a lot of my decks. Do I use them always? No, there are some decks I have, that don't have a single Staple Card in them. Do I really care? No, I play for fun. I don't enter Tournaments, never have. I don't like them. A whole bunch of worked up people who get upset if you destroy 1 card they waited for so long to get out. I'm sorry, that's stupid. People are taking this game way to seriously.

Now that that's off my chest. I'm highly contemplating leaving Yugioh again. While I quit Yugioh for those 4-5 years, I played Magic The Gathering. I was hooked. It's alot more advanced than Yugioh. You have to balance alot more types of cards that Monsters, Spells, and Traps. You have Lands, Creatures, Instances, Sorcery Cards, Enchantments, Equip Artifacts, and Artifacts in general. Every one who say's Magic is too hard has never really given the game a chance. But this is way off my topicso I'm stopping here.

Anyways, back on subject. The "Meta". When did the fun of the game disappear? I mean come on. You have so many decks that use the same cards. For awhile, EVERY...and I emphasize EVERY deck just HAD to have 3 Cyber Dragons. Why? I have no clue. Konami finally got it strait and limited Cyber Dragon to 1, so people have to THINK more and not rely on one card to save them. But like I said, this is just something that has been bothering me for some time, and I don't think there is any time better than now to voice my opinion. Not every deck has to be the same, not every deck NEEDS to be Macro Monarchs[ex:]. Be creative, use cards NOONE expects. If everyone had the same build on decks, is it really fun anymore?........I'm done......

lol.

You have some points there. People use certain cards and combos because they win.

oh, and people who collect cards are idiots.

Hey guiese, remember beanie babies? How about pokemon? You're not going to get rich off of collecting popular items -_________-

I'm pretty sure yugioh was always the least strategic of all the major TCGs out there.

Screw card games, I'm off to go play some starcraft.

Magic the Gathering is better than Yugioh. No questions asked. I still can't get over the price of some of the cards, and with Magic, you can build an incredibly decent deck for under 30-40 dollars.

Magic will always, as Kitty says, top Yugioh in strategy.

My advice to you-go back to Magic and attend some FNM tournaments.

I used to go to FNM tournaments before I moved where I did. I loved it' date=' friendly atmosphere, great players, RESPECT. But yeah, thanks for taking the time to read it.

[/quote']

Sure thing.

It also seems like you have a Magic picture in your "Pride and Joy" as well.

Their artwork is truly awesome, and actually takes some time to make, unlike the art that is on our Yugioh cards.

^^\m/

Why waste your money on a piece of card board? seriously re-give up yugioh sure video games are one thing but they are highly animated graphic games and worth it paying £10 for 40 pieces of card board is not worth it, besides people are over competetive these days tell them to get a life over a piece of card board.

The part about Magic being more complex because it has more types of cards is rather silly, especially when you consider that the different sub-categories of Spells have petty much a 1-to-1 correspondence with them - Enchantments are Continuous Spells, Auras are Equip Spells, Instants are Quick-Play Spells, Sorceries are Normal Spells, and so on. The real difference is that Magic has an actual resource system beyond raw card advantage and remaining life.

Magic is more complex because of the Mana System. Without mana you cant play anything unless it costs 0 to play. Yugioh players can never grasp Mana as a concept because they are so used to just casting something for free.

Not necessarely. Like the 0 mana cards, some cards do not have setbacks and disadvantages. That is the "mana cost" in Yugioh. Some cards discard cards, for example.

As for your opinion, I believe it depends on the kind of people. I've met said "Meta"s that are very nice. As a matter of fact, all the people at my local tournament are humorous and happy. I've never really met mean "Meta"s, but your experiance is different.

When the fun went away-it happened as the game got more and more complicated. It was gradual

but keep in mind that

YGO IS SRS BSNISS!!!!! Just like the interwebz

Magic is more complex because of the Mana System. Without mana you cant play anything unless it costs 0 to play. Yugioh players can never grasp Mana as a concept because they are so used to just casting something for free.

Not necessarely. Like the 0 mana cards' date=' some cards do not have setbacks and disadvantages. That is the "mana cost" in Yugioh. Some cards discard cards, for example.

As for your opinion, I believe it depends on the kind of people. I've met said "Meta"s that are very nice. As a matter of fact, all the people at my local tournament are humorous and happy. I've never really met mean "Meta"s, but your experiance is different.

When the fun went away-it happened as the game got more and more complicated. It was gradual

but keep in mind that

[/quote']

yugioh got less idiotic when they finally instated some rules. I remember when the tcg first came out and no one knew how to play, the only way to win the stupid game was if your opponent was stupid enough to place level 3 monsters in attack position (or if you had Fairy Meteor Crush, lol)

Not necessarely. Like the 0 mana cards' date=' some cards do not have setbacks and disadvantages. That is the "mana cost" in Yugioh. Some cards discard cards, for example.

but keep in mind that

[/quote']

yugioh got less idiotic when they finally instated some rules. I remember when the tcg first came out and no one knew how to play, the only way to win the stupid game was if your opponent was stupid enough to place level 3 monsters in attack position (or if you had Fairy Meteor Crush, lol)

Well, it started at a point. I'd have to say it started when it began to get complicated.

Archived