[DISC] staunch defender, underrated?

StaunchDefenderDCR-EN-C.jpg

at first, I look at the card, and think, this is crap, what the heck could I possibly do with this?

but then I thought about it a bit more, and it actually seems to be a decent card. it only allows attacks on one monster, if it dies, they can't attack anymore that turn, you can force the attack of monsters at things like decoy dragon, or something honest-ed, and it does re-direct the trigger attack to that monster as well.

against aggressive players and with the right 1 or 2 other cards, this could deal high amounts of damage, kill all their monsters on their turn, repeated trigger an effect like decoys from just one monster to swarm, and it stops their attack after that monster is dead.

this could wreak major havoc in the right deck.

not being chainable does stop it from being a great toolbox card though.

anyway, what uses, and how useful, can this card be.

This is mediocre at best due to the fact that it's non-chainable and way too situational.

You need to have a monster with a higher ATK than the ATK of any of your opponent's monsters, and you need your opponent to attack, which they likely won't do if you've got a higher ATK monster waiting to punish them, and you need your opponent to have several monsters for this to be effective.

Relies far too much on your opponent.

Guest PikaPerson01

You mentioned Decoy Dragon so much, the google ads in between message suggested "decoys".

Lol, Decoy Dragon. Lol, YCM.

I used this card a lot back in the day. It was fun to force them to attack my 'Stone Statue of the Aztecs' while I had 'Fairy Box' out - or my 'Great Maju Garzett' after I offered 'Fusilier Dragon the Dual-Mode Beast'. Being chainable does hurt it, but it's not that bad of a card - since, as you said, they don't get to attack anymore once the monster dies.

Why Battle Mania is better than this card?

There're two key differences. Staunch forces you to attack a certain monster of your choice, your opponent doesn't have a choice in which monster they target, and if the attack target's destroyed, your opponent cannot attack again.

It's not necessarily worse, (although it likely is all thinkgs considered), it's just different.

lolycm

I never said this card is a great end all be all answer' date=' I said this card could be a good toolbox card.

I'm not making this card out to be really good or anything, just useful and a clever disrupting effect.

you assume to much.

[/quote']

You are making false assumptions about my analysis of your misguided views, mon ami - and considering that my entire post was six characters long, it is astounding that even a mind as torpid as your own could accuse me of being the one to make assumptions about the other's position without acquiring even the slightest notion that your insinuations might be more accurately directed toward yourself.

Archived