What are spell counters???

zer0411

Question

24 answers to this question

In the Structer Deck: Invincible Fortress, cards like Golem Sentry say you can flip them into face-down defense position once per turn. Here is the exact Decription: Once per turn, you can flip this card into face-down Defense Position. When this card is flip summoned, return 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field to the owner's hand. Does this mean I can flip summon it and flip it face-down the same turn?

Spell counters can be on magic, trap, or monster cards (usually monsters)

They are just things that spellcasters use to help accomplish things throughout the game. A lot of spellcaster monsters benefit from getting a spell counter on them, and usually if you get a certain number you can remove them to destroy a card or cause something to happen.

They are marked by anything easily countable ranging from coins to dice, dice is the most common one. You get them from card effects that tell you to add/remove spell counters to activate effects

Usually the trap or spell cards that have spell counters just use them to transfer them to monsters that can take them to help them use their effects. A couple examples of cards with spell counters are Pitch Black Power Stone (trap card) Magical Citadel of Endymion (spell) and Breaker the Magical Warrior)

Yes! I know.

A Counter is a generic way, usually employed on Monster Cards, to note how many times a limited effect has been used, etc. Many cards use Counters of a specified type. However, there are some that use non-specific Counters.

There is no official way to represent a Counter. However, some of the most common ways include coins and the numbers on dice.

Hey I own a shop this is how I learn everything not from dum old websites.

and attempt instead to counter the spells of one particular enemy spellcaster whenever he tries to cast one. counterspell mode through the radial menu, OR you assign counterspell to a hotkey (done earlier, naturally), press the hotkey, then click on the enemy. enemy tries to cast a spell, you will counter it IF your character identifies the spell and IF you have an appropriate spell prepared that can counter it. This spell gets used up for you, though you don`t actually cast it. page 83]. The countering spell can be one of three things: a general-purpose countering spell (like Dispell Magic) of the enemy spell`s level or higher, your own copy of the enemy spell, or a specific opposite of the enemy spell (like Haste vs. Slow, or vice versa). Most spells don`t have opposits.

Archived