Do you like GX or the original series?

How do you feel about me leaving?  

1. 1. How do you feel about me leaving?

• Don't go...
    • Umm, What? go ahead go!
    • Never knew ya

I can't see why everyone likes GX better. Now, if we're talking about the 4Kids dub, I still like the original better...

The one I'm talking about is the uncensored, non-dubbed one. Including the "Season 0" mentioned by Slime Lord. If you've seen it, then I think you'll see a good number of my points.

Originally, Yu-Gi-Oh was targeted towards a much more mature audience-the manga was even worse than the anime. One major difference in content can be seen in the following:

-In the dub, Marik sends his father to the "Shadow Realm"; which is where EVERYONE goes. In the original manga, the Shadow Realm DOES exist; however it is the place where Shadow Games occur, not a place of eternal suffering where the soul is sent to. It was changed into a censorship tool by 4Kids to cover up death. In both the anime and manga, Marik KILLS his father-although in the manga, it is much more explicit...

-In the manga, Marik SKINS his father and throws him onto Odin, out of revenge and for the fun of it(Marik can be seen as a sadist) instead of just killing him to protect Odin.

Other examples:

-In the dub's version of the duel between Arkana and Yugi, they have "dark energy disks" which send your mind to the "Shadow Realm" with one touch. Originally, it just dismembered you-I guess it you slice through your ankles and part of your body would fall into it and yeah...it would continue from there.

-In the dub's version of the duel between Kaiba and Yugi and Umbra and Lumis, the glass beneath them would shatter when their Life Points reached 0 and send them plummeting into the Shadow Realm. The original just had you plummet to your death. Also, one has to wonder:

How do you go to the Shadow Realm from atop a completely normal skyscraper?

-In the dub, we are never told how Kaiba got the three Blue-Eyes. In the manga, he gets them from the three people through a mafia deal, forcing one into backrupcy and forcing the other to commit suicide.

However, GX-even the original-went back to appease the younger audiences, which was a big turn-off for me. Yubel's character backgrounds and motives were weak(rule all the dimensions with Jaden? Are you SERIOUS? Just...no) and he isn't even punished! All those people he wrongs and nothing happens? I especially wanted him punished for what he did to Adrian Gecko/Amun...At least in the original the villians were punished in some way!

Also, the characers in GX are annoying-especially Syrus. Jaden's deck isn't as cool as Yugi's-Yugi's deck revolved around Black Magician and all the Spellcaster support, while Jaden's revovles around E-Heros(I personally hate the E-Heros). Also, Yugi expressed anger and geniunely wanted revenge against people(maybe not Little Yugi...Dark Yugi did, especially in Season Zero) while Jaden is just too damn happy all the time. His friends are facing danger and he's all fine and dandy about it?

Yes, I go on Yugioh: Uncensored. No, I was not trying to insult fans of the show. I was criticising the show itself.

I can't see why everyone likes GX better. Now' date=' if we're talking about the 4Kids dub, I still like the original better...

The one I'm talking about is the uncensored, non-dubbed one. Including the "Season 0" mentioned by Slime Lord. If you've seen it, then I think you'll see a good number of my points.

Originally, Yu-Gi-Oh was targeted towards a much more mature audience-the manga was even worse than the anime. One major difference in content can be seen in the following:

-In the dub, Marik sends his father to the "Shadow Realm"; which is where EVERYONE goes. In the original manga, the Shadow Realm DOES exist; however it is the place where Shadow Games occur, not a place of eternal suffering where the soul is sent to. It was changed into a censorship tool by 4Kids to cover up death. In both the anime and manga, Marik KILLS his father-although in the manga, it is much more explicit...

-In the manga, Marik SKINS his father and throws him onto Odin, out of revenge and for the fun of it(Marik can be seen as a sadist) instead of just killing him to protect Odin.

Other examples:

-In the dub's version of the duel between Arkana and Yugi, they have "dark energy disks" which send your mind to the "Shadow Realm" with one touch. Originally, it just dismembered you-I guess it you slice through your ankles and part of your body would fall into it and yeah...it would continue from there.

-In the dub's version of the duel between Kaiba and Yugi and Umbra and Lumis, the glass beneath them would shatter when their Life Points reached 0 and send them plummeting into the Shadow Realm. The original just had you plummet to your death. Also, one has to wonder:

-In the dub, we are never told how Kaiba got the three Blue-Eyes. In the manga, he gets them from the three people through a mafia deal, forcing one into backrupcy and forcing the other to commit suicide.

However, GX-even the original-went back to appease the younger audiences, which was a big turn-off for me. Yubel's character backgrounds and motives were weak(rule all the dimensions with Jaden? Are you SERIOUS? Just...no) and he isn't even punished! All those people he wrongs and nothing happens? I especially wanted him punished for what he did to Adrian Gecko/Amun...At least in the original the villians were punished in some way!

Also, the characers in GX are annoying-especially Syrus. Jaden's deck isn't as cool as Yugi's-Yugi's deck revolved around Black Magician and all the Spellcaster support, while Jaden's revovles around E-Heros(I personally hate the E-Heros). Also, Yugi expressed anger and geniunely wanted revenge against people(maybe not Little Yugi...Dark Yugi did, especially in Season Zero) while Jaden is just too damn happy all the time. His friends are facing danger and he's all fine and dandy about it?

Yes, I go on Yugioh: Uncensored. No, I was not trying to insult fans of the show. I was criticising the show itself.

[/quote']

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!, Original, Uncensored Yu-Gi-Oh! was way better than GX.

I can't see why everyone likes GX better. Now' date=' if we're talking about the 4Kids dub, I still like the original better...

Other examples:

[/quote']

I completely agree with everything you said 100%. 1 rep for you :)

Other examples:

[/quote']

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!, Original, Uncensored Yu-Gi-Oh! was way better than GX.

Agreed! Even with the dub t made it much more emotional. (In My Opinion) I would hang on edge. In the Manga much more detail and that's what it was originally supposode to be. I look at the more mature shows. (Even though The Dub was less violent)

~Gold

Well I like more YuGiOh original series.

It's about storyline.That's what I'm talking about.

Cards and their effectivness and different strategies were better as the series went on.

So at some point,Yugioh GX has that advantage because there are more cards to play. You know,after the original series more cards are able to combine into new strategies,so that's where GX takes place above original series.

Storyline is the most important to me.

Archived