Koramore VS. Regret

+sw.DISZ

Vote Please  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Vote Please

• [IMG]http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww315/koramore/MGS4v1.png[/IMG]
    • [IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/Distant-Designs/sk84lifecopy.png[/IMG]

The checkerboard on the second tag is WAYYYY too strong. It completely takes away from the focal. Really? Even though focal is in plain sight?

The lighting's bad on the first one' date=' but the second one's worse.

[b']Worse lighting? I wasn't aware of any lighting on the second.[/b]

And why is there lightning on the guy's head in the second one o.o?

There isn't?

Thanks for voting. :]

Its like comparing chalk and cheese in terms of style and people will obviously go for the style they like best.

Although the checkerboard is overpowering on the 2nd I prefer it to the first which is very simplistic in what is trying to be achieved.

Its like comparing chalk and cheese in terms of style and people will obviously go for the style they like best. True' date=' but it should be based on how each style is executed, rather than what style they like better.[/b']

Although the checkerboard is overpowering on the 2nd I prefer it to the first which is very simplistic in what is trying to be achieved. It's not too simplistic, in my opinion.

Thanks for voting. :]

Both of them show a lack of understanding of basic design principles. The first one only draws the eyes to the focal because it's the only thing to see, instead of naturally using the things around the focal to draw the eyes in.

The second, on the other hand, shows a lack of understanding of the principles of light versus darkness in a composition. The eyes are naturally drawn to lighter surfaces first, and by making the background and area around the render lighter than the render itself, you make it harder for people to focus on the focal, which ruins the tag.

Top:

Scanlines are used badly

Lighting is ruined by many highlighted areas being darkened but not matched with the dark areas

All effects done seem rather unnecessary and only contribute by taking up space and making it unappealing

Bottom:

Vector job is terrible

Effects just seem like spam and not really incorporated with one another

Checkerboard is overused

Colors are not properly coordinated

Overall, top wins because it doesn't have as many things to be wrong about since it's so empty

The checkerboard on the second tag is WAYYYY too strong. It completely takes away from the focal.

The lighting's bad on the first one' date=' but the second one's worse.

And why is there lightning on the guy's head in the second one o.o?

[/quote']

exactly what Strawberry said

sorry for the checkerboard one

=D

the top one definitely.

its way more balanced in color, and it compliments itself so well.

great designs all over it and it was just really well done.

the face was also put in nicely, and it matches the CG's colors very nicely.

second pic is way to....checkerboard-y xD

it overused it by alot.

also, the pic is very boring and simple, nothing special about it.

guess top wins.

Archived