This board needs invading again.

Wow' date=' I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out if the religious nuts on gaia are really good trolls or just really stupid people.

The problem with the "hive-mind" of YCM is that it leads bad players to emulate the opinions of the "upper-class" without actually leading them to emulate the thought processes that formulate those opinions. It does allow an intelligent person who is just ignorant to quickly progress, because he has an obvious track along which to progress, but frankly there are very few intelligent people joining this site. I propose that a hive-mind has little or no actual benefit on the card-playing population. And an invasion by pojo would mix things up a bit and provide some fun for the smart people here. I say why not?

[/quote']

Indeed, the phenomenon of people repeating whatever the hive-mind says without having any understanding of what is really going on is probably the biggest problem with YCM; Tickle Me Emo's recent banlist thread is a good symbol of that. One of the main reasons that I lie and troll is to stop people from just agreeing with me all the time (though the main reason is that I'm a congenital liar and enjoy trolling you people).

However, I still have doubts about what an invasion from Pojo would accomplish; a unified invasion of a chaotic board is very different from a chaotic invasion of a polarized board.

But remeber Crabs, it never hurts to try:D.

Ah......yes it does.

Guest Chaos Pudding

The sad part is, I almost wish that this board was worse off than it is right now. The invasion was probably the most fun I had on this board. :(

Guest PikaPerson01

Eh, stuff like invasions is only really funny when the differences in intelligence is really well pronounced. That's why seeing when Crab curb stomps someone who doesn't know what they're talking about is so funny, but in an argument between people who actually DO know what they're talking about and have sexcellent debating skills, the argument is much more boring.

And then, there's the people who decide to troll, supporting an unpopular opinion, and showing some depth of debating skills, which may throw some people off. That's personally why I don't think GameFaqs is that reasonable.

If we do decide to invade a board (which we probably shouldn't since I think discussions like this may be against the rules, tee hee!) I'd personally suggest TCGPlayer.

Edit: And I realize the conversation has shifted from "people need to invade this board" to "we need to invade other boards", but as has already been said, the people of YCM are too much of a hive mind to actually take the works of a handful of people seriously. They all follow Crab regardless of what he says. I personally think he should troll more.

Which is why we should bring my religion thread up to 100 pages.

Were you the thread starter?

What would you do with said information if I said yes? :(

Absolutely nothing. I was just wondering if the starter was an intentional troll or a real dumbfuck. ;)

And TCGPlayer is a ton of fun to troll on. I think it might be fun to invade. Most of us even already have accounts there from back when Captain Spaulding was causing trouble. My account is Ra1gek1.

Eh' date=' stuff like invasions is only really funny when the differences in intelligence is really well pronounced. That's why seeing when Crab curb stomps someone who doesn't know what they're talking about is so funny, but in an argument between people who actually DO know what they're talking about and have sexcellent debating skills, the argument is much more boring.

And then, there's the people who decide to troll, supporting an unpopular opinion, and showing some depth of debating skills, which may throw some people off. That's personally why I don't think GameFaqs is that reasonable.

If we do decide to invade a board (which we probably shouldn't since I think discussions like this may be against the rules, tee hee!) I'd personally suggest TCGPlayer.

Edit: And I realize the conversation has shifted from "people need to invade this board" to "we need to invade other boards", but as has already been said, the people of YCM are too much of a hive mind to actually take the works of a handful of people seriously. They all follow Crab regardless of what he says. I personally think he should troll more.

[/quote']I do too. As long as I donb't get banned from YCM, I'm fine being a troll on other sites. But what exactly is the point of having other sites troll YCM?

Archived