This board needs invading again.

Guest Chaos Pudding

The sad bit is, I don't know if there is a site with enough concentration of good enough active players who care to do such a thing. Nor do I think using the same tactics as before would make much difference, if any. Any ideas? The people who are able to give ideas know who they are.

YCM's alignment before the GameFAQs invasion was just Chaotic Stupid, so it was pretty easy to improve it from there. Unfortunately, the invasion had a polarizing side-effect. The only site that comes to mind is Pojo, but even if they were to invade (and they won't), it wouldn't do anything - even the members of Pojo who support 3/0 have radically different views on just about everything (one wants all Monarchs banned, one sees everything in terms of floaters and card advantage, and even the non-extremists never agree on anything that isn't as obvious as DSF), and this lack of consensus would prevent Pojo from having a significant effect when the intelligent players here have been here for over a year and generally act as one "hive-mind".

YCM's alignment before the GameFAQs invasion was just Chaotic Stupid' date=' so it was pretty easy to improve it from there. Unfortunately, the invasion had a polarizing side-effect. The only site that comes to mind is Pojo, but even if they were to invade (and they won't), it wouldn't do anything - even the members of Pojo who support 3/0 have radically different views on just about everything (one wants all Monarchs banned, one sees everything in terms of floaters and card advantage, and even the non-extremists never agree on anything that isn't as obvious as DSF), and this lack of consensus would prevent Pojo from having a significant effect when the intelligent players here have been here for over a year and generally act as one "hive-mind".

[/quote']Weren't you originally from Pojo Crabs?

YCM's alignment before the GameFAQs invasion was just Chaotic Stupid' date=' so it was pretty easy to improve it from there. Unfortunately, the invasion had a polarizing side-effect. The only site that comes to mind is Pojo, but even if they were to invade (and they won't), it wouldn't do anything - even the members of Pojo who support 3/0 have radically different views on just about everything (one wants all Monarchs banned, one sees everything in terms of floaters and card advantage, and even the non-extremists never agree on anything that isn't as obvious as DSF), and this lack of consensus would prevent Pojo from having a significant effect when the intelligent players here have been here for over a year and generally act as one "hive-mind".

[/quote']Weren't you originally from Pojo Crabs?

He's from Gamefaqs.

The only even decent idea I have breaks site rules, so I'm not going to share it.

lolpojo

loltcgplayer

The only site that has the members to significantly improve this site would be DuelistGroundZ, but I don't think anyone who isn't already good would learn from their trollish nature, even if they did invade to improve the general playing skill.

Pojo's good members are a limited few, and they only exist because of Pojo's naturally high active member population. Mentioning XC, YF, ETC, or TCG-P is just laughable seeing as EVERY one of those sites that isn't XC is just GOD AWFUL while XC is just "not very good."

Or you guys could forget this silly card game nonsense and help me and some pals troll Gaia. It's much more enjoyable and much more rewarding than trying to educate people on the proper utilization of cardboard.

Who are the trolls?

I'm getting in on this once I win that DAD Bid. (going strong at $26 winning and 3 mins left :D )

Sounds like a damn good deal. Hope you win it, and hope you trade it to me once you do:D.

Or you guys could forget this silly card game nonsense and help me and some pals troll Gaia. It's much more enjoyable and much more rewarding than trying to educate people on the proper utilization of cardboard.

Who are the trolls?

The Entire GD section is full of trolls.

Sadly' date=' they fail to the point of being trash.

[/quote']

I noticed. I looked around, they're not even worthy of the lousy YCMTROLLS that lurk the boards here.

Guest JoshIcy

Who are the trolls?

[/quote']

I noticed. I looked around, they're not even worthy of the lousy YCMTROLLS that lurk the boards here.

At least the Pixels are nice *grin*

Who are the trolls?

[/quote']

At least the Pixels are nice *grin*

You make a decent troll when you actually give it a go. :P

Who are the trolls?

[/quote']

That's why I must conduct my invasion of Gaia.

And the trolls in the thread that I knew of were Bertha May and Compton.

I noticed. I looked around' date=' they're not even worthy of the lousy YCMTROLLS that lurk the boards here.

[/quote']

But im a troll.... Honestly I no longer believe a "Invasion" would be enough and like dragon said before myself I can only think of ways that are site illegal for recycling the trash

Wow, I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out if the religious nuts on gaia are really good trolls or just really stupid people.

The problem with the "hive-mind" of YCM is that it leads bad players to emulate the opinions of the "upper-class" without actually leading them to emulate the thought processes that formulate those opinions. It does allow an intelligent person who is just ignorant to quickly progress, because he has an obvious track along which to progress, but frankly there are very few intelligent people joining this site. I propose that a hive-mind has little or no actual benefit on the card-playing population. And an invasion by pojo would mix things up a bit and provide some fun for the smart people here. I say why not?

Wow' date=' I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out if the religious nuts on gaia are really good trolls or just really stupid people.

The problem with the "hive-mind" of YCM is that it leads bad players to emulate the opinions of the "upper-class" without actually leading them to emulate the thought processes that formulate those opinions. It does allow an intelligent person who is just ignorant to quickly progress, because he has an obvious track along which to progress, but frankly there are very few intelligent people joining this site. I propose that a hive-mind has little or no actual benefit on the card-playing population. And an invasion by pojo would mix things up a bit and provide some fun for the smart people here. I say why not?

[/quote']I agree with you TDO. And maybe we could "persuade" the decent palyers on Pojo to join YCM by constantly spamming it and making multiple accounts, proving to them that Pojo is a lot harder to "fix" than other sites, and ruining Pojo.

Wow' date=' I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out if the religious nuts on gaia are really good trolls or just really stupid people.

[/quote']

Indeed, the phenomenon of people repeating whatever the hive-mind says without having any understanding of what is really going on is probably the biggest problem with YCM; Tickle Me Emo's recent banlist thread is a good symbol of that. One of the main reasons that I lie and troll is to stop people from just agreeing with me all the time (though the main reason is that I'm a congenital liar and enjoy trolling you people).

However, I still have doubts about what an invasion from Pojo would accomplish; a unified invasion of a chaotic board is very different from a chaotic invasion of a polarized board.

[/quote']

Indeed, the phenomenon of people repeating whatever the hive-mind says without having any understanding of what is really going on is probably the biggest problem with YCM; Tickle Me Emo's recent banlist thread is a good symbol of that. One of the main reasons that I lie and troll is to stop people from just agreeing with me all the time (though the main reason is that I'm a congenital liar and enjoy trolling you people).

However, I still have doubts about what an invasion from Pojo would accomplish; a unified invasion of a chaotic board is very different from a chaotic invasion of a polarized board.

But remeber Crabs, it never hurts to try:D.

Archived