Nerds......

Archbaron Larry

Hey, guys. Yesterday, I was thinking about school for some reason, and I thought about my friends, and then remembered the two biggest nerds/noobs in my grade. For some reason, they always tortured me with scientifical stuff, and huge words I can't understand...... Sometimes I feel like punching them in the middle of a class.

So, anyway, post what your personal thought of a nerd would be, or just discuss about funny stories about nerds at your school.

Here's my thought of a nerd.

A nerd is a person who is not normal. Nerds usually have no friends (or very few,) are way too smart, cannot tell funny jokes, or insults, usually annoying. Some nerds even LIKE school!!!!

Let's take a glimpse to the near future, let's say about 10-20 years. You are a college dropout and work as a garbage man, whilst the so called "nerds" are already wealthy because they paid ettention is class.

There's nothing wrong with being a nerd, it's idiots like you who seem to make it a bad thing. Well, at least I know who will be picking up my garbage every garbage day.

And what exactly is wrong with somebody who likes school and is smart? Those are the kinds of people who will wind up running the world.

No, they'll end up with slightly better paying desk jobs. It's the people with charisma and talent not related to all the pointless stuff learned in schools that usually end up going somewhere. Musicians, actors, etc.

And what exactly is wrong with somebody who likes school and is smart? Those are the kinds of people who will wind up running the world.

No' date=' they'll end up with slightly better paying desk jobs. It's the people with charisma and talent not related to all the pointless stuff learned in schools that usually end up going somewhere. Musicians, actors, etc.

[/quote']

Yeah, but once they break a finger or voice, et cetera they aren't worth ten flying sl-lits. If you can learn something and apply it elsewhere where it is worth something, then you win. :P

A nerd is a person who is not normal. Nerds usually have no friends (or very few' date=') are way too smart, cannot tell funny jokes, or insults, usually annoying. Some nerds even LIKE school!!!!

[/quote']

OMG BIOLOGY IS SUCH A BIG WORD.

i mean srsly, you just made yourself look idiotic

Let's take a glimpse to the near future' date=' let's say about 10-20 years. You are a college dropout and work as a garbage man, whilst the so called "nerds" are already wealthy because they paid ettention is class.

There's nothing wrong with being a nerd, it's idiots like you who seem to make it a bad thing. Well, at least I know who will be picking up my garbage every garbage day.

[/quote']

You spelled attention wrong.

A nerd is a person who is not normal. Nerds usually have no friends (or very few' date=') are way too smart, cannot tell funny jokes, or insults, usually annoying. Some nerds even LIKE school!!!!

[/quote']

OMG BIOLOGY IS SUCH A BIG WORD.

i mean srsly, you just made yourself look idiotic

calculis iz such a bihg ward n so iz biolegy :P

It's idiots like the guy who made the thread that....blah blah blah blah blah (he wouldn't comprehend. Opps. Another big word. :P)

Let's take a glimpse to the near future' date=' let's say about 10-20 years. You are a college dropout and work as a garbage man, whilst the so called "nerds" are already wealthy because they paid ettention is class.

[/quote']

You spelled attention wrong.

it's' a; big ward :-P

This is a common misconception

Geek matches the description a lot more.

"a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."

Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities

Nerds usually end up successful

Geeks usually end up in mama's basement

This is a common misonception

Geek matches the description a lot more.

"a peculiar or otherwise odd person' date=' especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc."

[b']Nerd is a term often bearing a derogatory connotation or stereotype, that refers to a person who passionately pursues intellectual activities.[/b]

Nerds usually end up successful

Geeks usually end up in mama's basement

He kind of said that, with the "NERDZ LUV TO GO TO TEH SCHOOLZ BECUZ IT HAZ KNOWLEDGEZ ANDZ IZ TEH SMARTZ" part.

I'm also kind of a nerd. When nothing good is on TV, I tend to watch documentaries on the History Channel, and I'm fairly indifferent to school. While I don't like waking up for it, and I think about 80% of the crap they're cramming into my head is pointless information, I do get to see a lot my friends there (something I haven't really been able to do this summer).

Oh yeah, I'm not very normal either. I'm actually a bit of a geek. Let's see, I play in the marching band, I don't like most sports, I play the Yugioh TCG and I go on a Yugioh forum, I like anime and manga, I go on various gaming and anime forums, I like video games, RPGs, specifically JRPGs, are my favorite game genre, I'm a grammar nazi, I just realized I broke some grammatical rule that has to do with listing things, and I don't like normal mainstream music. There's most likely more, but I don't feel like listing anything else.

I'm also kind of a nerd. When nothing good is on TV' date=' I tend to watch documentaries on the History Channel, and I'm fairly indifferent to school. While I don't like waking up for it, and I think about 80% of the crap they're cramming into my head is pointless information, I do get to see a lot my friends there (something I haven't really been able to do this summer).

Oh yeah, I'm not very normal either. I'm actually a bit of a geek. Let's see, I play in the marching band, I don't like most sports, I play the Yugioh TCG and [b']I go on a Yugioh forum[/b], I like anime and manga, I go on various gaming and anime forums, I like video games, RPGs, specifically JRPGs, are my favorite game genre, I'm a grammar nazi, I just realized I broke some grammatical rule that has to do with listing things, and I don't like normal mainstream music. There's most likely more, but I don't feel like listing anything else.

Should I + 1 you for that? =D

Also, this topic is stupid.

I play Magic the Gathering, gave up Yu-gi-oh!, play guitar, semi-troll in YCM, read decent books (this does not include Twilight or that Manga c/[email protected]), make fun of people who think they can spell words but end up screwing that up by not knowing how to apply the word in a sentence...etc.

Playing around with a Rubik's Cube doesn't make you a nerd/geek. :P

Archived