Okay I'm going to a lolocal this weekend and I want to know what to side for the current meta game. I've been pondering this for a while and I can only think of Light-Imprisoning Mirror for LS and Mirror of Oaths for GB, but what for SynchroCat and Blackwings? Also where can I go to find a reasonable list of how much cards cost.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Guest Chaos Pudding

This is my current Side Deck. It's worked out for me quite well.

3x D.D. Crow

3x Mirror of Oath

3x Dimensional Fissure

3x Solemn Judgment

2x Light-Imprisoning Mirror

1x Deck Devastation Virus

What are you running, by the way?

Guest Chaos Pudding

Just a previous format Dark Deck that can ruin my opponent with Necroface. That looks good' date=' D-Fiss can help a lot. I am running 1 crow and I don't have the other two or Solemns. You think I can sub the solemns for Dark Illusion.

[/quote']

My Body as a Shield is a good replacement for Solemn, although nothing can really replace Solemn outside of theme-specific support.

You should really look into getting 2 more Crows, though. A playset can make all the difference against LS/SynCat.

I had a conversation about MBaS and Dark Illusion. I rather have Dark Illusion but when it comes down to your turn I rather have MBaS. It's a tough choice between the two. I'm gonna try and get two more at my locals. I'm running two Malacious and Stratos should I drop both because I'm not running D-Draw? Hows a forced back? Any use for that?

main 3 bottomless

for synchro cat and glads, prohibition and royal opression works wonders, prohibition mind control, or kitty for deck lockdown

d.d will never be useful, unless your going against a salvo dad deck, i fifnd it really only slows the enevitable in lightsworn

also a replacement for solemn is bottomless trap hole , like i said main 3

also intercept for monarchs, prime material dragon fucks over glads too like big time

main 3 bottomless

for synchro cat and glads' date=' prohibition and royal opression works wonders, prohibition mind control, or kitty for deck lockdown

d.d will never be useful, unless your going against a salvo dad deck, i fifnd it really only slows the enevitable in lightsworn

also a replacement for solemn is bottomless trap hole , like i said main 3

also intercept for monarchs, prime material dragon fucks over glads too like big time

[/quote']

I main two BTH, I can sub a oppression for a solemn though I don't have prohibition believe it or not.

A catch-all side deck choice is Prohibition. All you have to do is remember what the most important card in the decktype your facing is.

Yeah if I had it it would help, but I sady don't.

Is BOotE a good choice to side in and is there any replacement for Prohibition?

aside from light imprisoning mirror, your side deck is poor, sorry,

somthign that was said to me that stuck is, when building a sidedeck, dont just add good cards, think of cards that combat other decks specifically, cards that basically funk up your opponents strategy

strange thing is howevrr, that both bottomless trap hole and threatening roar is 2 of theese kind of cards, both of which could be mained quite easily

id say get a 3rd light imprisoning, as it honestly shuts lightsworn down compleatly

threatenign roar is great, if you maindeck 3 bottomless, you dont need mirror of oaths

royal oppression shuts down kitty and glads and lightsworn further!

this can really only be used as advice for the future i do understand that

I would suggest scrapping your old deck and building Gladiators. They are cheaper' date=' and it's easier to find a side deck that fits them. Sound like you have a few good cards, which can easily be traded to get the GB cards.

[/quote']

No way, my friends and I play anti-meta. We try to not play GB's, CB's and stuff like that. Plus I don't like GB's anyways.

aside from light imprisoning mirror' date=' your side deck is poor, sorry,

somthign that was said to me that stuck is, when building a sidedeck, dont just add good cards, think of cards that combat other decks specifically, cards that basically f*** up your opponents strategy

strange thing is howevrr, that both bottomless trap hole and threatening roar is 2 of theese kind of cards, both of which could be mained quite easily

id say get a 3rd light imprisoning, as it honestly shuts lightsworn down compleatly

threatenign roar is great, if you maindeck 3 bottomless, you dont need mirror of oaths

[/quote']

I'll side in a third L-IM also two T-Roars. I rather have Mirror of Oaths for GB's because Royal Oppresion messes up my deck to and I already have L-IM to help against LS.

A catch-all side deck choice is Prohibition. All you have to do is remember what the most important card in the decktype your facing is.

Which is like 1 of 3(ish) cards.

Rescue Cat

Dark Armed Dragon

Judgment Dragon

I'd actually call Bestiari, Summoner Monk, Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner, and Blackwing, Gale the Whirlwind =P

Rescue Cat

Dark Armed Dragon

Judgment Dragon

I'd actually call Bestiari' date=' [b']Summoner Monk[/b], Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner, and Blackwing, Gale the Whirlwind =P

Why Monk?

If you choose Kitty you stop their OTK and Easy Synchros.

If you choose Monk then you only stop their OTK. (Unless they run Rose)

Rescue Cat

Dark Armed Dragon

Judgment Dragon

I'd actually call Bestiari' date=' [b']Summoner Monk[/b], Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner, and Blackwing, Gale the Whirlwind =P

Why Monk?

But with Monk they can get Stratos while they have a D-Hero out and destroy Prohibition and then get Cat. =O

Or Tune with Airbellum and smack Proh with Arcanite.

Or get Breaker and compulsory it and Normal Summon it to destroy Prohibition. (I joke.)

Or they can Rose.

Rescue Cat

Dark Armed Dragon

Judgment Dragon

Why Monk?

But with Monk they can get Stratos while they have a D-Hero out and destroy Prohibition and then get Cat. =O

Kitty with DDraws?

Or Tune with Airbellum and smack Proh with Arcanite.

They can make Arcanite with Guards or Spies too

Or get Breaker and compulsory it and Normal Summon it to destroy Prohibition. (I joke.)

Or they can Rose.

The only problem :D

I would suggest scrapping your old deck and building Gladiators. They are cheaper' date=' and it's easier to find a side deck that fits them. Sound like you have a few good cards, which can easily be traded to get the GB cards.

[/quote']

No way, my friends and I play anti-meta. We try to not play GB's, CB's and stuff like that. Plus I don't like GB's anyways.

aside from light imprisoning mirror' date=' your side deck is poor, sorry,

somthign that was said to me that stuck is, when building a sidedeck, dont just add good cards, think of cards that combat other decks specifically, cards that basically f*** up your opponents strategy

[/quote']

I'll side in a third L-IM also two T-Roars. I rather have Mirror of Oaths for GB's because Royal Oppresion messes up my deck to and I already have L-IM to help against LS.

Did you suggest suggest that CB's are meta? The closest thing to meta they have is Crystal Immortals

2 phantom dragon

2 trap eater

2 legendary jujitsu master

2 dust tornado

2 threatening roar (or bottomless trap hole)

2 mirror of oaths

3 light-imprisonning mirror

You can also run DDV if it fits your deck.

I hate Phantom Dragon, the only use is for an easy 2300 beatstick or skill drain, but you lose two monster zones. Why dust Tornado? Heavy, MST does it already without waiting.I already have 3x bth so I can put in two t-roars. Weird build for a side deck but it's all about preference.

2 phantom dragon

2 trap eater

2 legendary jujitsu master

2 dust tornado

2 threatening roar (or bottomless trap hole)

2 mirror of oaths

3 light-imprisonning mirror

You can also run DDV if it fits your deck.

I hate Phantom Dragon' date=' the only use is for an easy 2300 beatstick or skill drain, but you lose two monster zones. Why dust Tornado? Heavy, MST does it already without waiting.I already have 3x bth so I can put in two t-roars. Weird build for a side deck but it's all about preference.

[/quote']

Phantom rapes GB. Dust is if your deck is weak to dimensional fissure because trap eater doesn't work on these if not then you can run more of the other cards. I forgot that you can also side Sirroco vs blackwings to use their power against them.

Wow good idea with Sirroco never thought of that. I'll try to get them when I can:

Side Deck Now:

3x L-IM

3x Mirror of Oaths

3x Sirroco

1x Royal Oppresion

1x Prohibition

1x Trap Eater

2x D-Fiss

1x DDV

I think that about covers it. Anything else I could add in? Might drop the three's down to two's to allow 1 BOotE, 1 Dark Illusion, and 1 RftDD

Well there is no perfect side deck but I guess here is something simple to start you off.

Side Deck: 15

Monsters: 5

3x D.D. Crow

3x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

Traps: 8

3x Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

3x Light-Imprisoning Mirror

3x Mirror of Oaths  

First that's 9 traps not 8. Second who would run 3x Kycoo?? I also don't know what your doing but SIM doesn't see play nor gets sided in (at least what I see).

I still like my newest side deck, I'm still open to suggestions though.

Archived