Wondering about a customer of mine.

40kendgame

Question

Why was DwellerofParables banned, and for how long?

He gave me a one of each random selection order, and after that he was banned.

Will he be coming back?

I already started posting his order, should I stop making anything else and auction off what I already made? Or will he be returning soon?

13 answers to this question

You should just do the more successful method. Prepayment. It's a lot better than having to guess around with orders.

2 problems. Still causes rep spam' date=' and a lot of my prices are based off of difficulty and labor time.

[/quote']

You should be able to figure out if the job is going to be hard or not when they ask for it >_>

And I thought you couldn't charge reps.

You should just do the more successful method. Prepayment. It's a lot better than having to guess around with orders.

2 problems. Still causes rep spam' date=' and a lot of my prices are based off of difficulty and labor time.

[/quote']

You should be able to figure out if the job is going to be hard or not when they ask for it >_>

And I thought you couldn't charge reps.

I don't. The reason it causes rep spam is because sometimes people think that they're being ripped off, and if you don't get the order filled within an hour, they start negging you. I know that isn't normally the case with more experienced members, but so far most of my customers have been three star or less members. I'm not bashing them, and I only have three stars my self, but when you take the average rate of posting and the member's post amount, you get the average time a person with that amount of stars has been a member. Newer members are more likely to rep spam than older members, since they still are looking for their place on the forum.

Well according to your sig' date=' you don't give a crap about reps anyway. So no big deal.

[/quote']

New users look up to members that have more reps (not that I care, but they do.). I think that for those who care about reps, having an auction block would be a good idea, and even for those who don't if they have variable prices, and cannot pre-price things well (Like me. I have a hard time judging how hard it is going to be to make a certain graphic. If I go with my first impression, I would end up overcharging.).

Why would you need to fill out an order within an hour? I usually stall if I feel like it' date=' regardless of who orders. I have a life other than the shop too.

[/quote']

I know that everyone has one (except YRPOtaku169, he's always doing something on the computer, trust me, I know him in real life.) The thing is, sometimes newer members don't realize that they are talking to other people.

Archived