Linkin Park

EHN.

I honestly love Linkin Park.

Minutes to Midnight was my favorite album of theirs, and I think Chester Bennington is an amazing singer. The thing I like about them is that they were one of the first groups to combine rap and metal together, paving the way for other artists to do the same. Their screaming-heavy vocals also helped to bring screaming to the mainstream, helping to increase social acceptance of other artists that were already using that practice.

They were groundbreaking when they first came out, and I honestly believe that the innovation they did on Minutes to Midnight takes them out of the realm of popularity, and catapults them into the realm of legend, with bands like U2, who they seem to have been influenced by in Minutes to Midnight.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoshIcy

New Divide, and Shadow of the Day...

I honestly can't stand that screaming garbage. I've heard way to many screams of pain, to ever care for it in a song.

Honestly, I don't see the appeal this band has over everybody. Their songs are dull and uninspiring the you can't help but grow tired of them. To me, they have done nothing but add glitchy noise to heavy rock music (and many artist have done the same thing before them, nothing groundbreaking). The only album I'll even bother to listen to by them is "Meteora", because at least that one had some originality. M2M sucked. It sounded like the band wanted to write a bunch of songs for Top 40 radio to play.

New Divide isn't that great of a song either. Catchy melody, sure, but it gets boring after a while.

and I think Syncrow meant that LP is one of the few ENGLISH SPEAKING bands he enjoys. He likes music from Japan even more.

No. I can't stand that garbage mate' date=' I'm sorry.

I like Death Metal and Prog.

[/quote']

Please die. I insist. Linkin Park is no garbage. They are great and they will stay great! I like about all 70 or something like that songs they made. The only ones I DON'T like are the remixes with Jay Z, they never needed those.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived