Quite a sh*tty Halo 3 Review.

evilhorus

Most of you know about Halo 3 and how the story goes. But oh well.

Your name: Shockwave™

Game name: Halo 3

Game system: XBox 360

Online Capable: Yes Rating: 16+

Thoughts about: A game which Matchmaking is better than the Campaign. But as an FPS we’ve seen it all before.

Story:

Halo 3 starts with Master Chief entering Earths atmosphere and crashing to the ground in eastern Africa, where Sgt. Major Johnson and the Arbiter find him. The Chief, Johnson, and company fight their way out of the jungle and arrive at a UNSC outpost. Keyes and Lord Hood plan a last-ditch effort to stop the Covenant leader, the High Prophet of Truth, from activating a Forerunner artefact found outside the remains of the city of New Mombasa. The Chief is ordered to go the city of Voi and to destroy all anti-air Covenant defences so Hood can lead the last of Earth's ships against the Prophet. Using the opening caused by the ground attack, Hood mounts an offensive against Truth's ship, but the Prophet activates the buried artefact that creates an enormous slip space portal. As the human ships recover from the shock wave, Truth and his followers enter the portal, while a ship controlled by the Flood crash-lands nearby. Elite forces, allied with humanity, arrive and vitrify Flood-infected areas of Earth, neutralizing the parasitic threat. Following the cryptic message from the human artificial intelligence Cortana left aboard the Flood cruiser, the Chief, Arbiter, Elites, Johnson, Keyes and a handful of Marines to follow Truth through the portal.

Game play:

The Game play is straightforward; Kill anything and everything that makes the crosshair turn red. Well, thats all FPSs. You can either have an AI Arbiter, or Co-op. Personally, I think Co-op is very fun because you get to see how crap your friend is at games.

Controls:

1179348306815.jpg

There are other control configurations, like the "Bumper Jumper", Left Handed etc. etc. but his is the one that you start with.

Graphics:

The Graphics are great, especially the cut scenes. The atmosphere is detailed, the enemies are detailed, everything is detailed.

Music:

I love this games music. I dont know why. I especially love the music on the level “The Covenant”. Martin O Donnel (I think) is to be thanked for the music, as he composed it.

Difficulty:

The only challenging difficulty level is Legendary. Jackals become the most dangerous enemy in the game, because their Beam Rifles can and will kill you in 1 shot, dosent matter where they hit you. If you can grab a Beam Rifle, snipe the jackals before they snipe you, if you can, anyways.

Online (if applicable):

Lovely Online game play. There are different game types, like Slayer, simply kill your enemies, and Private games like “Infection”, where 1 or more people at the start are randomly selected to become zombies and when they kill someone the killed person becomes a zombie. Another nice game play version is Capture the Flag. When you capture the flag, it becomes a melee weapon. A game play variation of this is called “The Tank”, where the person that has the flag becomes very slow but can take a lot of damage. There are many other game play types as well.

Ratings:

+ Nice Online Game play.

+ Big weapon Selection.

+ There is never a time that you will have an empty party, because there are so many people playing it.

+ Graphics are nice.

+ 4-Player Co-Op FTW

- Campaign sucks.

- Oh look, another Xbox Exclusive that also happens to be a FPS.

- All modes apart from Legendary are quite easy.

- N00bs in Online are not uncommon.

- Did i mention that the Campaign sucks?

8/10

So doesn't make it a down part thats what most people like.

It's a popular game are you surprised.

That's all I have to say, I guess. Overall it's a good review, well for me it was.

I think 8/10 is a bit too much, but what the hell do I know about this game?

Seriously, I played Campaign at my friend's house, I almost fell asleep. And then I played online. So much better.

To sum it up: Microsoft needs to work on NOT revolving a whole game around online play.

To sum it up: Microsoft needs to work on NOT revolving a whole game around online play.

*Facepalm*

Microsoft =/= Bungie

Game was meh' date=' the whole series felt like they were trying to make a more serious version of the Quake game mechanics and took the fun out of it. Combat was better in this one, but still not that great.

-Oh yes, because it's totally wrong for a franchise that's been an XBox exclusive for years and worked on by the same company to remain an exclusive and be the same genre as it's predecessors

-Seriously, that's just a retarded point

Microsoft didn't make Halo, but that's not the oint.

The Xbos is an online system. I really think that is the reason it sells, so to make it so a game doesn't have a great online when programing for the Xbox would just be plain stupid.

Also good review. This is the kind of things I want. Also the pic for the controls is a very nice extra.

*Facepalm*

Microsoft =/= Bungie

Game was meh' date=' the whole series felt like they were trying to make a more serious version of the Quake game mechanics and took the fun out of it. Combat was better in this one, but still not that great.

-Oh yes, because it's totally wrong for a franchise that's been an XBox exclusive for years and worked on by the same company to remain an exclusive and be the same genre as it's predecessors

-Seriously, that's just a retarded point

I should have elaborated, by n00bs I mean people that Team Kill. Happens a lot (to me anyways).

People your getting off topic. If you want to, make a thread for this. but since I'm posting

75% of 360 games are FPS' date=' and usually only good online.

[/quote']

Exactly. But those that arent FPS's are great.

No, their a tons of crap games that come out for every system that you likely never even heard of. Also of the good ones, very few can only be found on the 360. Most are also on the PS3.

Now if you want to continue this topic, give it it's own thread. K?

Archived