Heroes of Hytrog (My new RPG!)

Ashes Right Hand

Read this everybody please!

HEROES OF HYTROG

Dragons of Tatkiri

Genre

Swords and Sorcery

Scenario outline

In the small town of Hytrog, there have been many Dragon attacks. The sources of these beats are from the mountains of Tatkiri that overlook the town. For many generations there has been a peaceful truce between the two races to never interfere with each other?s community. But suddenly for the last few weeks the Dragons have been raiding the town for what seems like no reason at all. The community is in an uproar over this. But when 4 travelers pass through town, the community seems like they could be their only hope.

Positions to fill/Roles

Heroes/travelers

Warrior (This will be mine)

Mage

Archer

Warrior?s apprentice

Enemies

Gang of Argonauts (warrior skeletons)

Gang of Cloaked Mages (Very dark magical ?people?)

Gang of Dragons

Big Villain (This role can?t be picked until I announce it can be, it?s a mystery what the cause is)

Rules

Each role can only be picked ONCE, the enemies (i.e. Gangs) are one role as you would play multiple characters but would control grunts, and this is to make battles more exciting. I will repeat that ?Big Villian? cannot be picked until I say so. When you create one of these roles, it will be in the form of a card, with no effect but will describe the type of character you are stepping into for this game. The type of card must also say ?Heroes of Hytrog?. So that we all know that these cards are to be used exclusively for this game.

I am the leader of this game a.k.a. the storyteller. I advance the story to the next scene when I feel the time is right. Until then the scenes are acted out, you control your characters actions and dialogue. Example:

Member 1: The Mountain is quite far off!

Next post?.

Member 2: Yes, we will have a long journey ahead of us?

You get the idea how conversation works? But try to limit your conversation, no need to spam up the site. You also may advance the plot if it is small events, if you feel your character should be killed off then I will allow you to. Maybe you could have had enough of the game, maybe for story effect? As long as it is in a dramatic way and not ?He gets stabbed and dies?. You will get used to the system as the game progresses.

For battles: A gang is about 8 people, possibly a little more if the creator of the role likes. Just remember to describe clearly the number on the card description.

Also, no swearing, abuse, spam, adult oriented material etc. Don?t act like an idiot, and especially don?t say things like ?this is dumb? or ?waste of time?. All you are doing is labeling yourself immature.

The game will not start until all roles (except villain) are taken. There could be multiple roles by a person with special exception if not enough people are interested.

If you have any questions, message me about them and I will be happy to help. I want to make this game enjoyable, creative and a fun activity for the people who enter.

I will post my card of the Warrior character now, people who want to join, you do the same, remember, only one of each role. If you do not want to be a main part in the story then I suggest taking an enemy gang, they don?t require much participation. I will message you when you are needed or you could surprise ambush them if you feel it is the right time to do so.

Please take part in this; it should be fun if played properly. Anyways, here?s my card.

Prolink The Warrior Biography:

Prolink was raised by his mother and father. When he was 4 he witnessed their deaths at the hands of a rutheless criminal. The criminal had murdered the innocent victims for pleasure, the criminal escaped capture and left a heartbroken boy left to the world to fend for himself. From then on he lived in the streets pickpocketing his money and living a poor life. When he was 9, he met a kind warrior named Hateku. He took him under his wing as an apprentice and taught him in the ways of a warrior. Hateku knew of Prolinks story and his parents had perished in a similiar fashion.

When prolink was 15, disaster struck again, Hateku's home was raided by a gang of criminals. Prolink took them all on by himself and slayed many people that night. Hateku, however had a fatal wound from the battle and died in his arms. Prolink left his once again shattered life and became a wanderer when he was 17, he met the Criminal who had killed his parents so many years ago, now living as a shop owner. The former criminal begged for mercy but was killed in a barbaric and savage manner by Prolink, he had finally had revenge.

He continued his life as a warrior and when he was 28 he took a young apprentice under his wing just as Hateku did for him. They then met up with an archer and a mage in a local town and became friends.

Iana the Corrupter

corrupwh4yi5.jpg

Biography

Iana was a student mage at a school that taugh arcanic magic. She thought what the school taught was too basic and simple for her natural talent. Her father was studying the Netherworld, a realm of huge demonic energies before he died. Knowing that his last discovery was opening a rift to the Demonic Netherworld she called forth a Demonic overseer and made a pact with him. When she dies she gives her soul to him but in return she will be able learn and master a form of forbidden magic. Agreeing to these conditions she was infused with dark energies that allowed her to controll the very unstable form of shadow magic.

When the school headmaster discovered that she was tampering in this deadly form of magic late at night he immediatly expelled her from the school and notified the mayor of her village. The mayor said she was to either give up her studies of magic or be exiled from the region. She decided to leave, leaving everything behind.

Over the years she perfected her new form of magic. Learning to do deadly curses that could bring down the mightiest of warriors in a few moments. Harness the power of fire burning her enemies to ash, and most recently she has discovered how to open rifts into the netherworld and summon Demonic minions under her control.

Ill post her card up in a bit. my computer is acting up at the moment.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to be the apprentice. :)

Couldent you have another classes like Palladin, Thief or Druid?

Here is his card.

Hehe, its a slight re-do of my Avalonian Warrior card. 8)

Reynold.jpg

Character Biography

Reynold was born the eldest son of a wealthy farmer's family. They raised grapes by the shore of a river it was said to grant fertility because, dilluted in its waters were the ashes of a phoenix. In fact, all farms in the area were just as prosperous; their wine, sweet and pure.

Reynold had two twin brothers and two younger sisters. He soon started to manifest deep interest in War, taught to him and some other boys in the neighbourhood by a retired warrior who lived in a small farm nearby. He studied really hard... he didn't really want to be a farmer, and he really wanted to venture out in the big wide world some day.

One day, however, when Reynold was 14, the Red Plague came. Not only did it poison the grapes, it also infected humans. His teacher was one of the first to die, and people didn't really understand what was going on, when Reynold's mother was infected as well. Despite the blisters, the Reynold Family thought it was only a fever - serious as it could be. Soon after, the Royal Guard came, burned the crops and imposed quarentine upon the riverfolk. Reynold's mother died such a horrible death that his father went nuts and hanged himself afterwards. One of the twins died as well.

When the epidemic settled down, the kids were parentless, and, as usual, they had to be adopted, and the brothers would live apart from each other and their wealth would be split among their new families. Being older than the others, Reynold (Now 19) was the last to be adopted. He lived for quite some time in a scorched land, awaiting for a new family. He was almost starving to death when a man came and took him and that mans name was Prolink a prolific Warrior who took Reynold under his wing as his apprentice.

Alright, when everybody has done their biography AND card then we'll start the game. If someone is having comp trouble and can't make a card then that's fine, just tell me in a pm. I also altered my post to include a biography, hope you read it. So it should be underway soon then.

To Danilus. I was going to put like a Thief or some other class. But I feel as if they couldn't really serve a purpose in the game. And it would be a much more interesting adventure to have the partnership between a master and apprentice. Just look at Star Wars etc.

Archived