In the mood to hear opinions on Cure Burn in general. I think cards like the GX Promos, Kuribon, CotH, and Magic Planter really helped it gain some usability. Reficule gave the deck an alternative to Simochi, and Dark Cure I've found to really murder swarm attempts, especially buff drag variants. Soul Taker is another good one, and not to mention the classic Upstart Goblin and Gift Card while we're at it. Those ones are deadly when used properly. Storm is easily stopped in my experience, Solemn digs themselves a grave and Prime can be prohibited. Also, running Morph in it w/ GS + Waboku and TR can really help restock and incorrect cards.

Now that that blurb is out of the way, discuss.

Kuribon is just as good as Neo-Spacian Grand Mole in Reverse Burn.

CotH' date=' Magic Planter and Gravekeeper's Spy suck in Reverse Burn.

The only thing that made the deck more notable is the fact that the meta slowed down.

[/quote']

From what I've done and seen in play, I disagree. Kuribon can completely stop swarm attempts at the right LP count and CotH is great at regaining a Kuribon or a Reficule. It also serves as another target for Magic Planter, which at 2 has never caused me problems and greatly helped in getting rid of duplicates.

I have a Healburn deck myself' date=' and have found A Cat of Ill Omen to be extremely helpful.

yeah, i lose my next draw, but it's for the greater good.

the greater good.

[/quote']

Hmm, didn't think of using Cat. I'm running Gold Sarcophagus for searching capabilities, as I have lots of stall to waste turns, and a Moprhing Jar to retrieve by the time I've depleted my hand.

Ladies and Gentlemen' date=' welcome to a prime example of stacking.

[/quote']

Heh, just drawing two Gifts is deadly enough in most cases, though it obviously doesn't have the absolute certainty of victory 3 do(lol Watapon). I've gotten unplanned FTKs on account of Reficule, Upstart, Gift, and sometimes Eye of Truth(which eliminates my need for forsight while dishing out a good, steady amount of burn and doesn't clog at 2-3 with Planter).

Also, CotHing a Reficule or just Simochi-ing if I have Dark Cure up for a surprise attack when my opponent thinks they can get away with bringing out a boss card is now one of my favorite moves. Totally destroys Drag Mirror and Overload Fusions, usually winning the match. ;D

Archived