Ancient Gear Engineer

I Reckon this car dis really good... what do you think?

AncientGearEngineerSD10-EN-C.jpg

For one: it can be search able by Sangan, Giant Rat and Inferno Reckless Summon...

Two: when it ATTACKS not when it does Battle Damage, it can destroy a Spell and Trap Card

Three: when it Attacks, no Traps or Spells can be activated

Four: Can esily be summoned through the effect of Ancient Gear Castle

Five: Negates and Destoys Traps that effect him

Even though this monster is a Level 5, i still reckon its an awesome card! Maybe a staple in Earth Decks? Discuss...

is that a real card not releashed in english yet though or did u make it if u did u found the perfect pic

its only been relased in Structure Deck 10: Machines Re-Volt

and yes... it is a real card.. or else i wouldn't have posted it here >.<

He's okay' date=' I had him in my Gadget/Rat deck, but I don't think I ever used it to it's fullest potential.

[/quote']

that's because this card is not suitable for a gadget deck... it's best on the ancient gear deck...

the only flaw on this card is the low attack for his level, easily destroyed for lv4 cards, that makes you protect him at all cost to keep using his effect...

He's okay' date=' I had him in my Gadget/Rat deck, but I don't think I ever used it to it's fullest potential.

[/quote']

that's because this card is not suitable for a gadget deck... it's best on the ancient gear deck...

the only flaw on this card is the low attack for his level, easily destroyed for lv4 cards, that makes you protect him at all cost to keep using his effect...

Probably, I just figured as long as I already had the rats in there, why not have him, but you're probably right. I mean he does have "Ancient Gear" in his name.

LOL!!!

Engineer + Mist Body = unfair and unrealistic.

In a good way or bad? Any ways, this card is the only fairly good ancient gear other than Ancient Gear Golem and the gadgets if you count those as ancient gears. Some of the Ancient Gear support cards are okay, but the cards themselves aren't good enough to consider playing until more good AG monsters are released.

And this card is awsome. Here's some good combos (no Inferno reckless Summon, that card is horrible):

Engineer + Giant Rat : Everybody knows this combo, and it's a good way to get him out.

Engineer + Call of the Haunted : When he's targeted by Call of the Haunted, he destroys it without harming himself since he negates the Traps too. It's similar to Call of the Haunted + Jinzo/Wildheart/Tenkabito Shien.

Engineer + Ancient Gear Castle : Ancient Gear Castle gives him a little boost to become a beatsick, and helps easily summon him.

Engineer + Ancient Gear Workshop : Hey, it's a 1 for 1, so it's decent. It's not too much of a combo though, but it's good for getting him back after an attack.

Engineer + Mist Body : What he said, it's a very good way to destroy your opponent's back field by ramming into monsters, and still survive.

Engineer + Ancient Gear Fist : If you are willing to make a suicidal move, this is the best way to do it! You destroy both a monster and a S/T and you opponent can't Sakurestu/Mirror Force/Torrential Tribute you!

Engineer + Mist Body + Ancient Gear Fist : Times like this calls for the ROFLcopter. Yes, it's a 3 card combo, but Ancient Gear Enginner is increadably hard to destroy by effects, Mist Body makes him invincible in battle, and Ancient Gear Fist kills who ever he attacks! Now that's field control!

Engineer + Mist Body + Ancient Gear Fist : Times like this calls for the ROFLcopter. Yes' date=' it's a 3 card combo, but Ancient Gear Enginner is increadably hard to destroy by effects, Mist Body makes him invincible in battle, and Ancient Gear Fist kills who ever he attacks! Now that's field control!

[/quote']

Wow. It is a good card when I got the starter deck I immediately took it out after seeing the level. i should make a deck around that combo.

It's not that cool. First, it's a Lv5 1500 ATK monster and that's too much. Second, it can be destroyed easily by battle, and even if you use Axe of Despair/United We Stand/etc, any Shrink (maybe not always Shrink) or Enemy Controller, OR Vortex can destroy it. And if clever enough, instead of trying to play your quick-plays/Main-Phase-playable traps in Battle Phase, you can instead use them in your opponent's Main Phase (e.g. MST, Reckless Greed, Shrink, Enemy Controller, etc.) and get the same or a little less benefit from these cards you played.. still, better than no benefit at all, right?

Archived