Power Tool Dragon? Indestructable!

Dragon Capture Jar? Wait, what was I thinking...

I think we should use some card that can be used to control your opponent's Synchro monster... There IS such card...

On that card, it also says when it is destroyed (If not sent to graveyard), sent out of play...

I think I've seen it before.

It will send Power Tool Dragon out of play... Yeah, that card may deal with it.

The card I mentioned, not PTD.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could also simply nuke the entire field' date=' it's effect couldn't be activated then.

[/quote']

There's a ruling that disproves you there.

Anyways, this thing is only good in Equip Morphs, its own deck, or as a random LV7 beater Synchro.

If “Power Tool Dragon” and the card equipped to it would be destroyed at the same time (by “Judgment Dragon' date='” for example), you cannot send the Equip Spell Card to the Graveyard to save “Power Tool Dragon.”[/quote']

I'm fairly certain that ruling proves me right. If it's just monsters being destroyed then it's fine, but a field nuke kills all, so you can't activate it, just like Six Sams can't actvate their effect to destroy another Six Sam if they are all being destroyed together (via LV or something)

I don't really understand how it's fair. You could just select three Axe of Despairs!

AND Don't make me talk about Axe of Despair again.

Ok' date=' no, Axe of Despair isn't good, just because it increases attack by 1k doesn't mean crap with a game full of Monster destruction. Please lrn2play and try again.

[/quote']Now I realize how stupid that post sounds. I better think differently...

Now lemme talk 'bout the Art...

Doesn't look like A Dragon... Meh...

It's Assault Mode... meh.

Did Somebody Said Assault mode????????????????????'

powertooldragonassaultm.jpg

Anyways card is not as indestructible as you might think

Also good point with the Gilfer point whci might actually work in some weird way...

OMG WHY IS THAT CARD ORANGE?

Now lemme talk 'bout the Art...

Doesn't look like A Dragon... Meh...

It's Assault Mode... meh.

Did Somebody Said Assault mode????????????????????'

powertooldragonassaultm.jpg

Anyways card is not as indestructible as you might think

Also good point with the Gilfer point whci might actually work in some weird way...

OMG WHY IS THAT CARD ORANGE?

Because it is an effect monster... *looks at /AM* What the heck?

lol guys it's a Custom Card' date=' just with pretty awesome GFX to make it look slightly more realistic.

How is Power Tool Dragon "indestructable"? =/

Mist Body? Even then, as "destructable" by card effects as the next guy.

[/quote']

Archfiend of Gilfer loop, whenever AoG is sent to the grave you can equip it to a monster, therefore, if you tribute it via PTD's effect, you can make it "indestrucable" but even then it's only "indestructable" to things that only affect monsters, so field nukes still kill it.

Edit: That's actually fairly balanced for a fake card O.o but the second-to-last effect makes it OP :?

lol guys it's a Custom Card' date=' just with pretty awesome GFX to make it look slightly more realistic.

[/quote']

Archfiend of Gilfer loop, whenever AoG is sent to the grave you can equip it to a monster, therefore, if you tribute it via PTD's effect, you can make it "indestrucable" but even then it's only "indestructable" to things that only affect monsters, so field nukes still kill it.

Ah, I see. Didn't think of Gilfer. Good read.

You only get 1 equip spell per turn. Even if its an ATK booster it can still be run over fairly easy. If its Mist Body' date=' just take it down with one of the billions of destruction cards out there. I'm surprised a noob hasn't tried to make a Guardian Deck w/ this guy yet... XD

[/quote']

Well, actually, I believe the "indestructable" thing the OP was referring to was the Gilfer combo DAZ mentioned, that or he's just playin'.

As for Power Tool's other uses, it's actually not that hard to make use of. Not all Equips serve the orthodox "BUFF MONSTER" role. Supervis, D.D.R., and Mark of the Rose are a few classic favourites for PTD.

[/quote']

Ah, I see. Didn't think of Gilfer. Good read. Nor did I, I stole it from .:pyramid:.'s deck XD

You only get 1 equip spell per turn. Even if its an ATK booster it can still be run over fairly easy. If its Mist Body' date=' just take it down with one of the billions of destruction cards out there. I'm surprised a noob hasn't tried to make a Guardian Deck w/ this guy yet... XD

[/quote']

Well, actually, I believe the "indestructable" thing the OP was referring to was the Gilfer combo DAZ mentioned, that or he's just playin'.

As for Power Tool's other uses, it's actually not that hard to make use of. Not all Equips serve the orthodox "BUFF MONSTER" role. Supervis, D.D.R., and Mark of the Rose are a few classic favourites for PTD.

Polaris is correct, not all Equip spells buff, this is why PTD states "equip cards" and not "monster buff cards" because it works with any equip spell including the ones Polaris mention, though Arms Hole would make a better sub over PTD in those cases because it doesn't lose advantage and it's also from the grave :?

[/quote']

Ah, I see. Didn't think of Gilfer. Good read. Nor did I, I stole it from .:pyramid:.'s deck XD

[/quote']

Polaris is correct, not all Equip spells buff, this is why PTD states "equip cards" and not "monster buff cards" because it works with any equip spell including the ones Polaris mention, though Arms Hole would make a better sub over PTD in those cases because it doesn't lose advantage and it's also from the grave :?

PTD's actually a 0 if you can manage to net an Equip with it and if you use two monsters as material as per usual. I don't like Arms Hole as much as I used to these days. Prem and DMoC are gone, so you can't really abuse it like you could, and I'm rather fond of my Normal Summons.

btw field nukes dont hurt ptd if you think about it;

jd: ima nuke the field

power tool dragon: fine, gilfer stop humping my leg, so i can send you to the grave to save my ass.

archfiend of gilfer: hmmm i dont like the grave, ima activate my effect, and gets equiped back to power tool dragon.

jd:fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

You could also simply nuke the entire field' date=' it's effect couldn't be activated then.

[/quote']

There's a ruling that disproves you there.

Anyways, this thing is only good in Equip Morphs, its own deck, or as a random LV7 beater Synchro.

If “Power Tool Dragon” and the card equipped to it would be destroyed at the same time (by “Judgment Dragon' date='” for example), you cannot send the Equip Spell Card to the Graveyard to save “Power Tool Dragon.”[/quote']

I'm fairly certain that ruling proves me right. If it's just monsters being destroyed then it's fine, but a field nuke kills all, so you can't activate it, just like Six Sams can't actvate their effect to destroy another Six Sam if they are all being destroyed together (via LV or something)

Q4E

[/quote']

[/quote']

Edit: That's actually fairly balanced for a fake card O.o but the second-to-last effect makes it OP :?

Ya! That was one of the latest Singles I made (Like 4 month ago or something)....

Second to last was supoused to work only on equips equipped to power tool...but I messed up...the ghost rare version I just lost from my computer got the correct effect...XD

BTW....Does anyone thought how would play PTD in Gemini?????

Oh Polaris beated me at it....T_T

Archived