Halloween Extravaganza!

Parting Shot

Guest PikaPerson01

However' date=' if you would have read, Sushi said 'PM Him' several times throughout the thread.[/quote']

This threads like, 8 pages long. <_<

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PikaPerson01

Did you read what I put' date='[/quote']

No.

It's not in the first post, nor in the first page, and anyone who just shows up here shouldn't have to read pages upon pages just to find the answer to a simple enough question.

No.

It's not in the first post, nor in the first page, and anyone who just shows up here shouldn't have to read pages upon pages just to find the answer to a simple enough question.

Lol, so if you're at school and it doesn't say something on a question paper you don't ask your teacher? It's the same thing, YOU ASK ASK ASK.

Guest PikaPerson01

No.

Lol, so if you're at school and it doesn't say something on a question paper you don't ask your teacher? It's the same thing, YOU ASK ASK ASK.

And... that's what people are gonna keep doing here. So don't get all offended that people keep asking, especially since you won't put in the extra effort and... just edit the first guy's post to prevent the same damn issue from showing up every page or two. (I'm vaguely certain Global Mods and Admins can edit other people's posts, so I don't think it should be a problem.)

No.

So I assume if you call 911 and no one picks up you call your priest, right?

I mean the way you put it, it makes perfect sense. This thread, this one were talking in right now was made as the news thread. It specifically says that the Moderators will be making their own Special Thread and that we are to post in those threads to get these stamps. It also says that when we have collected all the stamps that we post them here.

When making this thread in the News Section, it therefore qualifies this thread has the "headquarters" of this event. When we have a question about the event, we come here and ask it.

Because the natural law of order says, that if this is a forum wide event hosted by the moderators. Then said moderators should be on the same page, following the same guidelines.

The guidelines don't say PM a Moderator that is not following the guidelines to ask him or her why he or she is not following them.

With that being said, I am greatful the event has been given the extra day. I have no problem with any of the Moderators. I have no problem with you, if it seems that way I am deeply sorry. I am just trying to state that more order should have been given within this event.

My point was, if a single Moderator either doesn't make one or closes their thread early then you question them about it, simple enough. That's like you being confused about a rule and not asking the Moderator who made it about the rule. Just for the record I'll recap Darth's post from the Mod Forum.

So Yanks and I were talking earlier and he thought we should do something fun for Halloween' date=' like changing our names to spooky stuff, etc. That got me thinking and I came up with this idea:

[u']Halloween Stamp Extravaganza![/u]

Title subject to change

What: The YCM Forum Team "dress-up" (change your sig, avatar, etc.) as characters for Halloween. The members can then trick-or-treat the moderators to try and get special stamps that each moderator has (each stamp is unique to the moderator giving it).

Who: All willing moderators/admins of YCM

When: Friday-Sunday October 29-31

Where: YCM Forums

So, we each pick a different character to "dress-up" as for this event. You will be allowed to change your username to something reflecting your character and also change your avatar and signature (if desired) to fit your character.

Stamps:

The only part of this that I haven't figured out completely. They should reflect the character that each moderator is dressed up as, so I was thinking small gfx objects around avatar size. If anybody is willing to help with these, please let me know!

For the trick-or-treating, I see these options:

1. Members PM moderators to trick or treat them, and the moderator replies with either a trick or a treat (see explanation below of tricks and treats). Pros: keeps the requests organized. Cons: floods the moderator's inbox.

2. Moderators/admins each set up a thread in a separate area of the forum (preferably somewhere they mod, but no 2 mods can make a thread in the same section (i.e.: Yanks and Icy can't both be in RC)). Members post to trick or treat and the mod can either respond to each person in the thread or via PM, their choice. Pros: doesn't flood inboxes and makes the members have to do a little searching. Cons: would inflate post counts a little.

The event runs over 3 days to allow for moderators to be offline at times (sleeping, class, work, gaming, homework, etc.).

Tricks and treats:

When a member posts to trick or treat, you get to choose whether to trick them or treat them. You can choose whatever you want, but make sure that everyone who posts gets a stamp sometime during the weekend (that way everyone's a winner in some way).

Possible treats: there is only one - your stamp.

Possible tricks: this can be anything you want other than your stamp. Nothing, a small amount of points, be creative :P

Prizes:

There are 2 possible prizes for members who manage to get all the stamps-

1. YCMaker adds an award via the Awards add-on (this is highly unlikely due to YCMaker's usual habits).

2. Some kind of banner or small specially-made gfx object to be awarded to the winners.

Questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome.

My point was' date=' if a single Moderator either doesn't make one or closes their thread early then you question them about it, simple enough. That's like you being confused about a rule and not asking the Moderator who made it about the rule. Just for the record I'll recap Darth's post from the Mod Forum.

[spoiler=Quote']

So Yanks and I were talking earlier and he thought we should do something fun for Halloween' date=' like changing our names to spooky stuff, etc. That got me thinking and I came up with this idea:

[u']Halloween Stamp Extravaganza![/u]

Title subject to change

What: The YCM Forum Team "dress-up" (change your sig, avatar, etc.) as characters for Halloween. The members can then trick-or-treat the moderators to try and get special stamps that each moderator has (each stamp is unique to the moderator giving it).

Who: All willing moderators/admins of YCM

When: Friday-Sunday October 29-31

Where: YCM Forums

So, we each pick a different character to "dress-up" as for this event. You will be allowed to change your username to something reflecting your character and also change your avatar and signature (if desired) to fit your character.

Stamps:

The only part of this that I haven't figured out completely. They should reflect the character that each moderator is dressed up as, so I was thinking small gfx objects around avatar size. If anybody is willing to help with these, please let me know!

For the trick-or-treating, I see these options:

1. Members PM moderators to trick or treat them, and the moderator replies with either a trick or a treat (see explanation below of tricks and treats). Pros: keeps the requests organized. Cons: floods the moderator's inbox.

2. Moderators/admins each set up a thread in a separate area of the forum (preferably somewhere they mod, but no 2 mods can make a thread in the same section (i.e.: Yanks and Icy can't both be in RC)). Members post to trick or treat and the mod can either respond to each person in the thread or via PM, their choice. Pros: doesn't flood inboxes and makes the members have to do a little searching. Cons: would inflate post counts a little.

The event runs over 3 days to allow for moderators to be offline at times (sleeping, class, work, gaming, homework, etc.).

Tricks and treats:

When a member posts to trick or treat, you get to choose whether to trick them or treat them. You can choose whatever you want, but make sure that everyone who posts gets a stamp sometime during the weekend (that way everyone's a winner in some way).

Possible treats: there is only one - your stamp.

Possible tricks: this can be anything you want other than your stamp. Nothing, a small amount of points, be creative :P

Prizes:

There are 2 possible prizes for members who manage to get all the stamps-

1. YCMaker adds an award via the Awards add-on (this is highly unlikely due to YCMaker's usual habits).

2. Some kind of banner or small specially-made gfx object to be awarded to the winners.

Questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome.

Yes, and I did PM those Moderators. Only one responded. Besides, this quote was from the Moderator Forum. A forum we can't see, unless I am completely blind.. So how do you expect us to know this?

Thanks for posting it by the way.

Guest Morpheous Erebos

Elizabeth Bathory... Check

Déjà Cru... Check

✖ Hidan The Immortal ✖... Check

Venom... Check

Hoßßes... Check

All others... No check

I think that there was enough time, it was just a bit sudden. I was just checking the forum and all of sudden I found out I could get something fun by just posting Trick Or Treat in some threads. Some moderators where just very picky with giving their stamp. Also, there still is some time right?

Guest Morpheous Erebos

It's already been 4 days dude' date=' most people didn't even post til yesterday or today.

[/quote']

That's me, but that's because I go to my subscriptions, not the actual forums, for my active threads. So, I did not see this thread until yestarday when I asked about it from another member and he gave me the link.

Archived