Draw Power for Harpie Beatdown?

The title says what I'm looking for. So far I have three ideas:

1. Crystal Beasts (Running 3 Sapphire Pegasus, 3 Cobalt Eagle, 3 Rare Value and 3 Icarus Attacks). Use Eagle as Icarus food and send them to your S/T Zone via Pegasus. Then Rare Value. The problems? It slows down the deck drastically and, well, Crystal Beasts aren't the greatest. Not to mention (I have no clue why) Pegasus is NOT a winged beast.

2. Trade-In (Running 3 Simorgh, Bird of Ancestry and 3 Trade-In). Simple enough. But a lack of Lv8 monsters could result in dead draws?

3. [REMOVED. FAIL ON MY PART.]

Option 1 seems bad, since there are only two WIND Gem Beasts, and the only one that's a Winged Beast is Cobalt Eagle - the single worst Gem Beast of the lot. Not to mention that Rare Value is dead unless you've already put out two Gems.

Option 2 seems like a good place to start, but 3 Trade-In with only 3 Level 8's isn't the way to go.

Option 3 doesn't work. Spell Economics gets around the 2000 Life Point cost, but not the 9000 Life Point activation condition.

Guest PikaPerson01

Dark Nephtys.

Though at a certain critical point you'll realize you're not running a Harpie Beatdown deck, but rather running some dark... Winged Beast... Level 8... thing, with 3 Harpie Ladies and 3 Harpie Queens teched in.

Not to mention (I have no clue why) Pegasus is NOT a winged beast.

Pegasus is still a horse' date=' but with wings.

The way Konami has Winged-Beast set up, is they have to be either:

1- An actual bird

2- A half-bird/tengu-like 'thing'

3- Any sort of flying creature, that gratly resembles a bird.

A horse with wings, doesnt fit into any of those.

Leaf Economics sound like lulz.

Aside from it bieng situational, it actually seems like a pretty lulzy Draw Engine. Especially if you draw into multiple copies of Ancient Leaf.

Winged Beast is Cobalt Eagle - the single worst Gem Beast of the lot.

If you look at it' date=' from a stratigical(w/e) point of view, Cobalt Eagle isnt [i']THAT[/i] bad.

It lets you recycle Saphire Pegasus, at the cost of your Draw Phase. It effectivley turns your draw phase, into Crystal-Beast-specific search-engine sort of thing.

inb4Crabrepliesbackandliteralythrowsawtfbombonmypost

He's level 7? Well that sucks. >.<

Dark Simorgh would be broken as a level 8.

Plus, he has to stay at 7 in order to match his origional counterpart.

If you look at it' date=' from a stratigical(w/e) point of view, Cobalt Eagle isnt [i']THAT[/i] bad.

It lets you recycle Saphire Pegasus, at the cost of your Draw Phase. It effectivley turns your draw phase, into Crystal-Beast-specific search-engine sort of thing.

inb4Crabrepliesbackandliteralythrowsawtfbombonmypost

And the fact that you can recycle Pegasus even from the s/t zone makes that strat even cooler, but it's still slow :?

Guest PikaPerson01

"Recycling" your Sapphire Pegasus is a horrible strategy, since you WANT it on the field or in your S/T zone, and you DON'T want your draw phase being wasted on drawing something you can't use and isn't either of your win conditions.

"Recycling" your Sapphire Pegasus is a horrible strategy, since you WANT it on the field or in your S/T zone, and you DON'T want your draw phase being wasted on drawing something you can't use and isn't either of your win conditions.

This.

Not to mention that Crystal Promise recycles Sapphire Pegasus properly by Special Summoning it.

Cobalt Eagle is pretty much unilaterally the worst Gem Beast, and considering that Amber Mammoth is practically a vanilla beatstick and Emerald Tortoise is practically a vanilla wall, that's pretty terrible.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle

(Level 4/WIND/1400/800)

[Winged-Beast / Effect]

You can destroy this face-up card to return 1 card on the field to the top of its owner's Deck. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card, instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

It couldn't be any worse than what we have now.

inb4 Crab replies back and literaly throws a wtfbomb on my post

Knew it.

This.

Not to mention that Crystal Promise recycles Sapphire Pegasus properly by Special Summoning it.

Cobalt Eagle is pretty much unilaterally the worst Gem Beast, and considering that Amber Mammoth is practically a vanilla beatstick and Emerald Tortoise is practically a vanilla wall, that's pretty terrible.

Pretty much :/

But I never really said it was something meta-game.

I only really said it was usable in Wc08, since the meta on that game is about the same speed.

Yeah, the whole 9000 LP thing was a fail on my part. I removed the combo.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll look more into Allure of Darkness and Trade-In.

Though at a certain critical point you'll realize you're not running a Harpie Beatdown deck, but rather running some dark... Winged Beast... Level 8... thing, with 3 Harpie Ladies and 3 Harpie Queens teched in.

I can see this happening. I recall trying to make a Harpie Monarch deck a while ago (Before Raiza's release, I believe.). The end result was a Monarch Deck with 3 copies of Harpie Lady 1... T_T

Archived