Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon [DISC]

[align=center]Blue-EyesShiningDragonMOV-EN-SR.jpg

Now, ignoring the current meta. Discuss this card by itself. Without any meta in effect, how would this card fare?

THEN.....discuss it in terms of meta-competitiveness.

I think the card by itself is pretty decent. It negates ANY card effects that target it and if played late-game (Most likely will anyway) it has the potential to be stronger than Blue-Eyes Ultimate...though it may not be worth ditching 5 cards (The slow way using Poly) or 6 (Using Future Fusion+Dragon's Mirror) to Summon it. It's all a matter of opinion.

In terms of the current meta, this card wouldn't be run most of the time unless it's in a deck completely dedicated to it. Blue-Eyes decks are typically beatdown decks and outside Skill Drain, those don't tend to fare well today.

Discuss.[/align]

I Summon Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon that can negate cards that designate it as a target...what'cha gonna do about it?

...I activate BTH....

NOOOO!

I see it as that.

But like you said, if the deck is dedicated to it, it can be pretty hard to deal with.

Now if only it were a semi-nomi...

ITT: People use Poly, fuse 3 Blue Eyes, and then Release Ultimiate Dragon for this, only to run it into a Mirror Force/Torrential/Solemn/[insert non-targeting meta-worthy card here]

OMG Metal Gear Ray!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

It's got a good effect' date=' but it's just WAY too hard to summon.[/quote']

This is why its better in Traditional. Since you also have the ability to run it with Painful Choice and Magician of Faith.

Its REDD but worse.

^^^This. I have no idea why noobs want to use this card. It's usually weaker than the BEUD you tributed it for when it's summoned. And it's negation ability is crap as well. I doubt most competative decks use specific target destroying cards these days.

Again' date=' this is [i']why[/i] I said its better for Traditional.

But only if you really wanted to show off your ability to Summon this card on the 1st turn.

The card is decent, although is some what complicated to bring out but never the less it could surpass the BEUD if played correctly since it gains atk power for every dragon in your graveyard plus not to mention it can protect itself against cards that targets him so i say is a bonus but a difficult one to pull it off. if they make him any easier then he would have been ban a long time ago.

however that said, is better to stay with the BEUD since at least if you need to defeat your opponent pretty fast you could always have a De-Fusion ad bring the 3 BEWD from the graveyard to the field and hit him with a combine atk of 9000 ( of course as long as you have done the BEUD fusion properly but i guess that would not be the case in this time, i use to do that heh).

:\

"You can negate the effect of a Spell, Trap or Monster Effect that designate this card."

By designate I thought it meant if a card effect involved it at all.

Lightning Vortex: Yo Shiny, you getting blown up.

BESD: LOLNO.

Judgment Dragon: Imma payin 1000 Life Points....

BESD:LOLNO.

Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind: I herd u liek 1500.

BESD: LOLNO.

But as it turns out, he has to be targeted to do anything, so...LOLNO.

Yup. I thought Designate =/= Targeting only.

I thought Designate = Everything that involved BESD in some way' date=' shape or form.

[/quote']

Is this an example in which old OCG confused somebody? =/

I'm guessing if BESD were to negate anything that involved BESD, it would say "You can negate the effect of a Spell, Trap or Monster Effect that affects this card."

Archived