An explanation for those who still don't get 3-0 banlist logic.

A card's either bad for the game or not' date=' take your pick. Cards like Judgment Dragon don't suddenly become less broken just because they're put at one as opposed to being at two or three.

[/quote']

JD is better for the game at one than at three. I'd like to play in a format where I can bottomless a JD and my opponent won't be able to just play another one and win.

I also don't want to play in a format where JD is at 0. I want to be punished if I see heavy storm be milled and I decide to overextend on my backrow. JD's existence gives lightsworn a reason to mill cards and a reason why the archetype exists. Archetypes deserve to have broken cards.

I didn't read more than a few posts past this, but it reflects my views very well. I think someone needs to make a topic to explain this type of logic more, since many people here don't get it.

I also don't want to play in a format where JD is at 0. I want to be punished if I see heavy storm be milled and I decide to overextend on my backrow.

I'm thinking Heavy Storm and Harpie's Feather Duster to 3 would be pretty awesome. The problem with JD is that it offers far too much of a benefit with far too little cost/setup to match it. S/T nuking is one thing. A free 3000 ATK with a total field nuke which doesn't affect it is obviously a little overkill for punishing backrow overextention.

JD's existence gives lightsworn a reason to mill cards and a reason why the archetype exists. Archetypes deserve to have broken cards.

An archetype isn't obligated to have broken cards, just synergy. I don't see why they should be any less subject to punishment for violating progress towards the creation of a skilled-play format than cards not belonging to any particular archetype. If any given archetype can't function without cards subjected to fair trials given punishments accordingly, the archetype deserves to die until/if they can receive fair support.

I agree but there are some cards like Exiled that can use them selves for a one time effect because that is all they are good for. However look at the New tytannial thread, Bosses like her are to reusable to be at 3, but not bad enough to be put to 0. Tytannial is bad at three. But at one you will have a chance because of polinosis stoping your nontargeting effects an Tytannial stopping those that do. But plants need a boss to stay in the game and so 1 is ok because it is fast and one rfp will end it after you get it off of the field. Like banisher of the radiance and any targeting effect.

I agree but there are some cards like Exiled that can use them selves for a one time effect because that is all they are good for. However look at the New tytannial thread' date=' Bosses like her are to reusable to be at 3, but not bad enough to be put to 0. Tytannial is bad at three. But at one you will have a chance because of polinosis stoping your nontargeting effects an Tytannial stopping those that do. But plants need a boss to stay in the game and so 1 is [i']ok[/i] because it is fast and one rfp will end it after you get it off of the field. Like banisher of the radiance and any targeting effect.

If we're to get anywhere here, you'll first need to elaborate on its "problem" at 3; "reusability" according to you.

nooone will ever agree' date='

[/quote']

I didn't used to accept 3-0 logic. To say it's impossible to sway one's beliefs on the subject would be total idiocy. So don't. ^____^

most people will still not understand' date='

[/quote']

What's not to understand? I really don't see what's so damn difficult to grasp about the idealogy behind this list category. =/

it willnever happen!

The entirety of the Custom Cards section is based on hypothetical expansion of the game. CC's much larger than TCG too. Whether or not it'll happen isn't the issue, it's interesting and helps us understand the game better.

Archived