In Light of Half the First Page - Ban List Goal?

Ban lists get rid of threats towards the game, but to what end? There will always be cards that fare well and those that do not. I believe that banlists should work towards two goals. Firstly, a meta that is slowed down. The faster a meta the more luck-based. But don't make it too slow for enjoyment. And secondly, there should be a good amount of decks that can work competitively, with lots not that far behind the big race. So while making your hypothetical lists with no impact whatsoever, don't forget to work towards these two goals instead of only banning existing problems.

People won't care about this forum because they're too busy whining about Swine Flu' date=' Iraq, and the economy.

[/quote']

Iraq is not the problem.

Its Afghanistan.

…Which is why people argue over the troop presence in Iraq. >_> But that's kind of besides the point, I was just invalidating yours.

[spoiler=In light of half the first page huh?]

129037564664786610.jpg

On-Topic: Konami will always jump at the chance to make an easily-playable game-winning Boss Monster, its how they get more The Money.

Because in Konami's logic, it works like this: Money >>>>>>> Ham >>> Legit 'Skill'

1- Konami will eventually tire of the current Meta

2- Make another Archtype to top it

3- repeat

People won't care about this forum because they're too busy whining about Swine Flu' date=' Iraq, and the economy.

[/quote']

Iraq is not the problem.

Its Afghanistan.

…Which is why people argue over the troop presence in Iraq. >_> But that's kind of besides the point, I was just invalidating yours.

It does not.

Because Teenage boys don't give a damn about war, disease, and politics.

[spoiler=In light of half the first page huh?]

129037564664786610.jpg

On-Topic: Konami will always jump at the chance to make an easily-playable game-winning Boss Monster' date=' its how they get more The Money.

Because in Konami's logic, it works like this: Money >>>>>>> Ham >>> Legit 'Skill'

1- Konami will eventually tire of the current Meta

2- Make another Archtype to top it

3- repeat

[/quote']

Konami's BS logic doesn't matter, this is directed towards userbased ban lists. And the ones worth helping are trying to promote skill.

Fast metas reward good deckbuilding and playstyle and has added emphasis on when the best time is to activate any one card. It also attracts younger people toward Yugioh as opposed to the 40 year old players of slow games like Magic. That's defo a plus. I can't count the number of times I've traveled to an event and afterwards you go to a nightclub or something with all the people you just met.

So you don't think people should be rewarded for good deckbuilding?

Adam Corn won like 3 shonen jumps in a row, going X-0, at one point during teledad because of his deckbuilding. If it was down to luck then he wouldn't have been able to do this.

Fast metas reward good deckbuilding and playstyle and has added emphasis on when the best time is to activate any one card. It also attracts younger people toward Yugioh as opposed to the 40 year old players of slow games like Magic. That's defo a plus. I can't count the number of times I've traveled to an event and afterwards you go to a nightclub or something with all the people you just met.

Erm I like to go to other point here...

Magic is not a slow game...Except for control decks...that are anoyingly slow...so decks like elves and goblins....And Some OTKs ans combo decks...almost wlways are build to win in the first 3 turns max....and that in magic speed is WAY TOO FAST!!!! (The thing with magic is that it takes WAY more skill to play any of those decks...even the simplier...and there is no such thing as Luck based decks...like Yugioh)

OT:

Ban list Break Unilateral pwer of certain decks allowing decks with less impact reach to be competitive...in other words they are suppoused to make the game fair enogh for a bigger amount of decks....I guess.

So you don't think people should be rewarded for good deckbuilding?

Adam Corn won like 3 shonen jumps in a row' date=' going X-0, at one point during teledad because of his deckbuilding. If it was down to luck then he wouldn't have been able to do this.

[/quote']

It was his deck and luck.

Archived