Themes (BW, GB, LS, GK, DW, CB, EH, DH...)

We have a crapload of themes. It's even worse for the OCG with all the DT cards.

I remember a long time ago when I loved opening packs. Getting a 6th Delinquent Duo wasn't bad since everybody was running it. Now, even if I get something good like a vayu my trading options are limited. I have to find the BW players and most of them already have all the vayus they need or don't have the cards I want to trade my vayu for.

Also, the themes doing well in the tournement scene get popular. This has a big influence on the price of the cards. Unplayed themes are worth almost nothing while the tournament favorites are very expensive.

I like the fact that we can build a vast diversity of decks, but I don't like having a hard time getting the cards I need to stay in the tournament scene.

What's your opinion about themes? How would you incorporate them in the game?

What I'm about to say might get me talked badly about, but I'm going to say it anyways.

I see what your sayin. It's giving me the idea that if I sent lolkonami a letter, telling them that if they made more broken cards for weaker themes/limiting uses of certain cards for popular themes, giving lots of themes playability to compete with other decks nearly equally. In that case, they would get more money from mid-money amount cards for ALOT of themes, rather than high-money amount only few popular themes.

If we have a 2 popular theme Deck meta, prices would be high, and they would do amazing in duels.

In a 7 mid themed Deck meta, prices would be mid to low, and it would be slower type duels.

Lets say the prices for the popular/high price meta are 2-3 (2 or 3 = high price $ ), while mid theme decks but plenty of which are priced 1 (1 = low price $ ).

So, if we multiply the 2 popular Deck meta with its price numbers, (2 x 2 = 4 OR 2 x 3 = 6), that is the outcome for $ konami could get. If we do the same with the mid to low themed slower meta, (7 x 1 = 7) we get a little more or much more in terms of $.

What I'm saying is that I now believe Konami is even stupider than I thought before, even for money. If they went for slower meta like conditions, not only will players enjoy it more, or the fact konami will get a little more money, but more players will play, giving more money to konami than just first predicted.

So now I have a reason for this card game to be slower and funner for us, and konami so they can get out the ban hammer and make better cards which will get them more money, by my logic.

You getting my logic?

Hmph' date=' still, you know how much JD costs? Last time I checked, $300. Konami is happy with JD, infact, I'm happy with JD. I sometimes wish JD was unlimited. Of course, this coming from a guy who plans to run a LS deck...

[/quote']JD is not $300. Recheck that one. And give me your logic why JD should be unlimited, or are you just trolling?

The more a card costs' date=' the less chance of it getting Limited, Banned, or Semi by Konami. That's why LS and BW are the most costliest of them all, because they win, they get used more, and they just PWN all because of JD.

[/quote']

BWs are cost almost nothing. 90% of the cards in the deck are common. Most of the ones that aren't are synchros, but even those are easy to come by, or at the very least cheap (I think most of the synchros I run I got for $20 or less.

Equation:

High price/Popular Deck meta are always at few: But are always high priced.

Low price/mid theme Deck met are always at high numbers: but lower price.

lower prices for players with slower duels = fun all for duelists. High price fast duels = fun for expensive players ONLY. They both get around the same amount of money. The slower meta has a possibilty of getting more money.

I think by logic the slower meta is best for both sides. :)

$20 is alot for me and VK. One of the many reason we don't buy that much packs is because of money' date=' second is because of our older bro. But when we do get packs, VK usually gets me something good.

[/quote']

Really, your going to need to spend some money for cards. Even with the ease in getting some good cards thanks to decks, promos, and tins, your still going to spend a fair amount.

Tip, if cards cost to much, by one of the video games. $35 and you get every card in the game at the time it came out.

$20 is alot for me and VK. One of the many reason we don't buy that much packs is because of money' date=' second is because of our older bro. But when we do get packs, VK usually gets me something good.

[/quote']

Really, your going to need to spend some money for cards. Even with the ease in getting some good cards thanks to decks, promos, and tins, your still going to spend a fair amount.

Tip, if cards cost to much, by one of the video games. $35 and you get every card in the game at the time it came out.

Thanks, but then it won't be fun beating someone in real life. Anyhow, me and VK is saving up for a TDGS box.....only $20, plus, for my B-day, I got $50, of course, I brought 2 tins and a LoD promo. I gave VK the cards he wanted, so far, only 10 Koa'ki Meiru cards. The rest I'm using.

The more a card costs' date=' the less chance of it getting Limited, Banned, or Semi by Konami. That's why LS and BW are the most costliest of them all, because they win, they get used more, and they just PWN all because of JD.

[/quote']

BWs are cost almost nothing. 90% of the cards in the deck are common. Most of the ones that aren't are synchros, but even those are easy to come by, or at the very least cheap (I think most of the synchros I run I got for $20 or less.

It's not the deck itself that costs alot, it's the vayus.

In a 7 mid themed Deck meta' date=' prices would be mid to low, and it would be slower type duels.

[/quote']

You seem to have your cause and effect mixed up here. Diverse metas don't cause slow metas. Instead, fast metas cause non-diverse metas, as not many decks can keep up with the high speed of the top decks, and thus only the slower metas can easily be diverse.

Hmph' date=' it's more like the reverse for me and the rest of the people at my local. All we want is to win. Nothing else is more fun then winnning. Seriously, VK keeps on rambling to us it's no fun. Well, it's not fun to lose.

[/quote']

You're always trolling about you only playing to win.

If you really played for the sole purpose of winning, you should stop because you haven't won big tourneys yet as far as I know...

I just think that JD is a good card. Like' date=' there are many counters.

[/quote']

Is your logic that, because JD has so many counters, it should be unlimited?

Welcome to Blakie's world, if it got alot of counters, make it unlimited. That or if he's plans to run it, unlimit it.

That's the dumbest sheet I've ever heard in my life.

Archived