Gentlemen, what do you think of Heavy Storm?

Type killers are banworthy because they reduce skill by reducing the available number of options to choose between when making a deck. Same reason why a card that said "draw one card" would be banworthy' date=' it reduces skill by effectively only having people choose 37 cards when deckbuilding, thus reducing innovation.

[/quote']

I never suggested that type killers weren't banworthy, in fact, I gave an explanation of why I saw them as bad for the game. Acceptable generic effects which interfere with playstyles are totally different.

Reduction of the card pool's an offense? >_> HEY. LET'S BRING BACK ALL FORBIDDEN CARDS. SCIENTIST DSF OTK YEAH!

i think he ment reducing the card pool un-needingly. e.g. some continus spell n traps may take skill to use to create synergy, why should they not be able to compete because of heavy storm????

and by the way heavy at three would be a type killer, to continus spells and traps, because their will be no point in using them.

Eh, I'd rather have non-chainable and continuous Spell and Traps rarely played ever than being played in clusters of fours.

Very much so. They're often a pain in groups. Any trap=heavy Deck I play (against) becomes a hell hole after Heavy has been used. There's nothing to lose from setting 3+ in the backrow, and instantly the game slows to a crawl. It's why I often give up a chance at gaining advantage just to stop my opponent overextending and keep Heavy in my hand until a winning turn.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Type killers are banworthy because they reduce skill by reducing the available number of options to choose between when making a deck. Same reason why a card that said "draw one card" would be banworthy' date=' it reduces skill by effectively only having people choose 37 cards when deckbuilding, thus reducing innovation.

[/quote']

I never suggested that type killers weren't banworthy, in fact, I gave an explanation of why I saw them as bad for the game. Acceptable generic effects which interfere with playstyles are totally different.

Reduction of the card pool's an offense? >_> HEY. LET'S BRING BACK ALL FORBIDDEN CARDS. SCIENTIST DSF OTK YEAH!

Killing continuous spells/traps IS a type killer. There's no reason to restrict type killers to monsters, as the fundamental logic is still the exact same.

Yeah, reduction of the card pool IS an offense, that's why we carefully select bans instead of banning every card that makes the slightest impact. We decide if a card's benefit to the card pool outweighs it's detraction. For instance, any good list that bans exodia, will unlimit the remaining pieces? Why not just ban all of them? Because you want to keep the card pool as large as possible, only banning things that are absolutely necessary.

Assuming that we can replace it with a more balanced card that serves the same purpose' date=' Heavy Storm should be banned.

Assuming that we cannot replace it with anything, Heavy Storm should be at three (3).

[/quote']

What's the logic in that? :/

Assuming that we can replace it with a more balanced card that serves the same purpose' date=' Heavy Storm should be banned.

Assuming that we cannot replace it with anything, Heavy Storm should be at three (3).

[/quote']

What's the logic in that? :/

3/0, ya knuckle head.

A horrible abomination of 3/0. Admitting it should be banned on creation of new cards is admitting it's broken. Admitting it's broken means it needs to be at the number that minimizes it while preserving it's niche in promoting skill. AKA one.

Heavy Storm, by existing, makes a threat to the opponent that should prevent him from overextending. If this threat does not exist, the game will be simplified to "Whoever draws the most answers to the opponent's cards will most likely win". This reduces skill as a factor in the game.

Personally, I think that what we currently have is slightly overpowered in punishing overextending. It is possible to be careful with s/ts right now and just set 1 of them so that Heavy Storm cannot result in advantage loss, but OTKs can still easily occur, making it sometimes important to set 2 BTHs instead of one, for example. If this game wasn't so fast paced overall (a clear field can easily result in the loss of a fourth of one's starting life points by a single attack), playing this carefully would be reasonable, this is simply not the case. Setting 2 backrow cards on an empty field should not be punished.

A horrible abomination of 3/0. Admitting it should be banned on creation of new cards is admitting it's broken. Admitting it's broken means it needs to be at the number that minimizes it while preserving it's niche in promoting skill. AKA one.

Heavy Storm' date=' by existing, makes a threat to the opponent that should prevent him from overextending. If this threat does not exist, the game will be simplified to "Whoever draws the most answers to the opponent's cards will most likely win". This reduces skill as a factor in the game.

Personally, I think that what we currently have is slightly overpowered in punishing overextending. It is possible to be careful with s/ts right now and just set 1 of them so that Heavy Storm cannot result in advantage loss, but OTKs can still easily occur, making it sometimes important to set 2 BTHs instead of one, for example. If this game wasn't so fast paced overall (a clear field can easily result in the loss of a fourth of one's starting life points by a single attack), playing this carefully would be reasonable, this is simply not the case. Setting 2 backrow cards on an empty field should not be punished.

[/quote']

...That sounds like you're agreeing with me in saying it should go to one.

by 3/0 logic storm should be at 0, the trp here is crab suggested it should be limited on a 3/0 list when in actual fact it should as at 3 it basically denies the existance of a specific type of card, therfore unfair giving too much advantage in 1 card reducing skill in game

in the current format, storm is good to have as it promotes skill, by making you play better as you dont wanna get -2ed or even more, it forces you to think on your toes

by 3/0 logic storm should be at 0' date=' the trp here is crab suggested it should be limited on a 3/0 list when in actual fact it should as at 3 it basically denies the existance of a specific type of card, therfore unfair giving too much advantage in 1 card reducing skill in game

in the current format, storm is good to have as it promotes skill, by making you play better as you dont wanna get -2ed or even more, it forces you to think on your toes

[/quote']

3/0 doesn't mean you put every card at three or zero. I thought we went over this already.

by 3/0 logic storm should be at 0' date=' the trp here is crab suggested it should be limited on a 3/0 list when in actual fact it should as at 3 it basically denies the existance of a specific type of card, therfore unfair giving too much advantage in 1 card reducing skill in game

[/quote']

3/0 doesn't mean you put every card at three or zero. I thought we went over this already.

the only thing that isnt at 3 or 0 is card that interact badly with multiple copies

why duloren is at 2

and night assailent at 1

heavy storm at 1 on a 3/0 list dosnt increase skill it just increases luck due to the power of storm in a 3/0

why cant people see this trap

[/quote']

the only thing that isnt at 3 or 0 is card that interact badly with multiple copies

why duloren is at 2

and night assailent at 1

heavy storm at 1 on a 3/0 list dosnt increase skill it just increases luck due to the power of storm in a 3/0

why cant people see this trap

Dewloren would NEVER be at two in a 3/0 list.

No, there is another condition for things to be limited in 3/0: Things that have banworthy effects, but promote skill in a way that necesitates keeping them around.

Archived