Abusable Insect? (Cockroach Knight)

I have noticed that a deck was posted here, which is based on an OTK that I thought of myself.

This OTK involves the following:

-1 Zombie Master on the field

-1 Zombie Master in your hand or grave

-1 Card of Safe Return on the field

-2 Cockroach Knights in your deck

-1 Mass Driver or any other card that lets you tribute a monster to inflict direct damage as many times as you want in one turn

I think it's clear, just use the effect of Zombie Master to summon the other one, then tribute the 'used' Zombie Master to inflict damage and draw a card. Now you have an 'unused' Zombie Master again, so you can repeat. The 2 Cockroach Knights in your deck will assure you that you can't be outdecked by CoSR.

I didn't want to make this OTK public because it was something 'unique' and I didn't want other people to use it. Now it seems that this OTK has been made public by somebody else, and I got absolutely NO CREDIT. That it is posted on two different forums (AFAIK) is not the point, but what bothers me is that I got no credit.

I don't know who this IronChefCHN is, and I don't know if I dueled him or somebody told him of this OTK, but he claims that he thought of it himself. It must be a very rare case of coincidence that we thought of this OTK nearly the same time. I will never believe that.

I posted in the thread XanderTheGreat that it was my OTK, but nobody reads it so that is why I posted a new thead.

So people, if you like this OTK, pleas note that I made it, not Chef. I don't want credit on the deck, it wasn't mine, I just want people to know that it is my OTK.

To Chef: Please do not continue to claim that it is your OTK. It's not.

Well, I guess It is too late to stop people from Netdecking it, so enjoy. Here's a last note. Since you only need Cockroach Knight to ensure you have a deck, and don't need it in your hand, Outstanding Dog Marron DOES work as a replacement. I got this from Chef, he said that that was his first thought (not!), but it works better because it can let you draw the last piece of the OTK, Mass Driver/Double Summon/Toon Cannon Soldier (In case you want to rely on luck).

Also, it is notable that he thought that Cockroach Knight was needed in your hand to be discarded, this is what I thought at the beginning as well. During one duel with this deck, my opponent pointed me out what exactly happened when I discarded my Cockroach Knight.

This is the exact order of thing what would happen when a Cockroach Knight is discarded to activate the effect of Zombie Master while Card of Safe Return is on the field.

• Cockroach Knight is discarded.
  • Another monster in my graveyard is special summoned.
  • I draw one card.
  • Cockroach Knight is sent to the top of my deck.

After that duel, I rethought my strategy and first concluded that Cockroach Knight was not needed in my hand, and then I noticed that 2 Cockroach Knights in my deck would be enough.

I remember when I invented SkillTown. The memories...

...No comment. While we're at it, here's a comment. You simply RAN Skill Town. It's not all that great a Decktype anyhow.

With CoSR banned, Cockroach Knight serves only as a possible LS side if they run into one of those crazy rogue stall sort of Decks I piloted every now and then.

I remember when I invented SkillTown. The memories...

...No comment. While we're at it' date=' here's a comment. You simply RAN Skill Town. It's not all that great a Decktype anyhow.

With CoSR banned, Cockroach Knight serves only as a possible LS side if they run into one of those crazy rogue stall sort of Decks I piloted every now and then.

[/quote']

That's just cold. The only problem with it, is that the Deck needs another Draw Engine. It falls to hand control. But everything else is amazing.

I just wish they would envent a D-Draw, but for Beast-Warriors/EARTHs.

I don't use this for the same reason I don't run horn of the unicorn. What if you don't want it at the top of your deck? Scenario : " I summon JD and blow up that little cockroach and attck directly. Now you can't draw anything to stop me this turn and I will beat you because I just sent wulf to the Grave by JD's effect." The card just ruined the game for you unless you had something good in your hand. It can caus a mini, self-induced Yata-lock.

I don't use this for the same reason I don't run horn of the unicorn. What if you don't want it at the top of your deck? Scenario : " I summon JD and blow up that little cockroach and attck directly. Now you can't draw anything to stop me this turn and I will beat you because I just sent wulf to the Grave by JD's effect." The card just ruined the game for you unless you had something good in your hand. It can caus a mini' date=' self-induced Yata-lock.

[/quote']

Thank you, Captain Obvious!

I remember back when I was the only run to pioneer the Vandalgyon, then everyone started using it, and it became over-used. And now that Solemn is @1, my Vandalgyon just floats siletly in my dock. Waiting.

but what bothers me is that I got no credit.

Crab, you fell victem to the Copy-Pasta method.

On-Topic: This + Insect Queen?

lolanime

Archived