.hack//Infection (and Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine)

Kailyn Leona Kyosuke

Haven't played this a long time so bare with me if I make mini(read: alot) mistakes. Also stealing Kailyn's grading system

Gameplay 6/10 it was refreshing at the time and innovative, however there was a some nuisance. Like having to select skills/spells from the start menu and being a very stiff system, and being very repetitive, but there was many aspects that made up for it.

Storyline 10/10 even with the good side of the gameplay. Granted I always been a sucker for .hack// storyline. Also the DVD were some nice touch, also the added side quest is also a +(which also bumped up gameplay). During the 3rd disk/game for some reason the most stuff was happening but it felt very slow and staggering but aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. If maybe for nostalgia reason.

Soundtrack ?7/10? man I don't even remember the soundtrack aside from the "Waves" having terrifying themes. If I really can't recall it cannot have been that amazing. However the voices for the most part were very well done, and even if you didn't enjoy the voices you had the option of turning it to Japanese.

Visual Art 9/10 for a playstation 2 launch game, it had great art. However my only gripe is that if you seen one forest dungeon, you've seen them all. However with about 300+ dungeons I would see why they would do that, and it has never really bothered me especially since the layout is always different. It is a dungeon crawler after all.

7.5/10

Good game, I would recommend buying this. Wouldn't put it at the top of your list unless your a fan of .hack// if so. Get it immediately, the beautiful nostalgia effect will make you tear.

On one final note, I can't make reviews in the middle of the night without making it sound terrible :V *cheers* and I sense many review, pictures, discuss threads in the near future.

Archived