Foolish Burial

Guest PikaPerson01

A card can't go to 3 unless it sucks? What list theory are you using' date=' Pseudo-Highlander?

[/quote']

By thoch's logic, we can put Raigeki @3, since almost 90% of the time it will be the same as Smashing Ground.

Thus, it sucks.

ITT: We think any changes to the meta would result in the exact same meta, except with one new card in the mix.

comparing raigeki and smashing ground. wow

I know that there are many cards that are great and are at 3, but to me foolish burial is very versatile since there are a ton of cards that can work with it. versatility is a big reason that the ban list exists. so to me, foolish burial is a card that shouldn't be at 3, and i still think it's a little much at 2.

comparing raigeki and smashing ground. wow

I know that there are many cards that are great and are at 3' date=' but to me foolish burial is very versatile since there are a ton of cards that can work with it. versatility is a big reason that the ban list exists. so to me, foolish burial is a card that shouldn't be at 3, and i still think it's a little much at 2.

[/quote']

First of all, you don't put a card on the list just because it has a variety of uses. Otherwise, we'd keep Mind Control at 3 but put Enemy Controller to 0.

Second of all, while Foolish Burial has a variety of uses across different decks, within a single deck it really doesn't have that many uses.

Third of all, if Foolish Burial is bad at 3 because a single copy of it is "too versatile", then Foolish Burial should be at 0, because a single copy of it at any other number will still have the same effect when drawn as it would when it was at 3. (The only exception is if you think a combo of multiple Foolish Burials is broken, but if a combo that needs two cards in the Graveyard is so broken that it's bad for the game even with the user incurring a -2 just to set it up, then one of the other cards in the combo is probably the problem.)

Fourth of all, versatility is the soul of the game. Versatility means more choices can be made. Choices are what allow skill to exist in the game, and what allow skilled players to triumph over unskilled players.

Fifth of all, stop following the usual Konamilogic nonsense of THIS CARD IS PLAYABLE LET'S SEMI-LIMIT IT.

the card isn't broken. i know that. it just can fuel most decks nowadays to the point where it may be a bit unfair. i never said it should be at zero, but i really do not believe it should be at 3.

maybe semi limited is good for it. i just though of an example

chaos sorcerer is at 2, while BLS and CED are at zero. CS is more balanced, therefore having 2 would be fine.

foolish burial is at 2, while Painful Choice is banned. foolish is more balanced, so it's at 2.

compare to banned cards and it's really not too bad, so FB could stay at where it is. but 3, no.

the card isn't broken. i know that. it just can fuel most decks nowadays to the point where it may be a bit unfair. i never said it should be at zero' date=' but i really do not believe it should be at 3.

chaos sorcerer is at 2, while BLS and CED are at zero. CS is more balanced, therefore having 2 would be fine.

foolish burial is at 2, while Painful Choice is banned. foolish is more balanced, so it's at 2.

compare to banned cards and it's really not too bad, so FB could stay at where it is. but 3, no.

[/quote']

Let me get this straight: your logic is "A rightfully banned card is far worse for the game than this is, and Konami put this at 2, so 2 is the perfect position for this"? Is that seriously what you're saying here?

the card isn't broken. i know that. it just can fuel most decks nowadays to the point where it may be a bit unfair. i never said it should be at zero' date=' but i really do not believe it should be at 3.

[/quote']

Let me get this straight: your logic is "A rightfully banned card is far worse for the game than this is, and Konami put this at 2, so 2 is the perfect position for this"? Is that seriously what you're saying here?

fuwante1.jpg

i'm compairing banned cards to their weaker counterparts. i personally believe that CS is fine at 2' date=' so by my own logic (and Konami's by coincidence) foolish burial is ok at 2.

[/quote']

I am having difficulty expressing just how much is fundamentally wrong with this.

First of all, just because a card is sort of like a banned card but weaker does not mean that it belongs at 2. Heavy Storm is sort of like Harpy's Feather Duster but weaker; would you put Heavy Storm at 2? Sky Scourge Enrise is sort of like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning but weaker; would you put Sky Scourge Enrise at 2? Needle Worm is sort of like Exchange of the spirit but weaker; would you put Needle Worm at 2? Instant Fusion is sort of like Magical Scientist but weaker; would you put Instant Fusion at 2? If they made and promptly banned a card that was identical to Summoned Skull except that it had an effect saying that you won the duel when you Summoned it, would Summoned Skull belong at 2 for being a weaker version of it?

Being sort-of-like-a-banned-card-except-weaker is completely and utterly meaningless in terms of where a card should go on the list, and it is most certainly not an instant ticket to the Semi-Limited section.

Second of all, how on earth does "I think Chaos Sorcerer belongs at 2" imply that Foolish Burial should be at 2? I am going to have to counter that chain of reasoning with the equally logical argument that I think Summoned Skull belongs at 3, which quite clearly proves that Foolish Burial belongs at 3.

i already said i don't even like it that much at 2. and i think it's clear that certain cards are a lot alike, and that the weaker versions of those cards are acceptable. everyone would run change of heart, harpie's feather duster, and raigeki if they weren't banned, so they simply choose to run brain control(enemy controller, mind control, etc.), heavy storm, and lightning vortex. i compared foolish burial and painful choice; 2 cards that are similar in my opinion. if you can think of a card that more like painful choice, then please say so. if you can, i can understand foolish burial at 3.

and crab helmet, i really don't want to go back and forth with you like this since i know you know so much more about this game than me. i just tried to make a point.

i'm compairing banned cards to their weaker counterparts. i personally believe that CS is fine at 2' date=' so by my own logic (and Konami's by coincidence) foolish burial is ok at 2.

[/quote']

I am having difficulty expressing just how much is fundamentally wrong with this.

First of all, just because a card is sort of like a banned card but weaker does not mean that it belongs at 2. Heavy Storm is sort of like Harpy's Feather Duster but weaker; would you put Heavy Storm at 2? Sky Scourge Enrise is sort of like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning but weaker; would you put Sky Scourge Enrise at 2? Needle Worm is sort of like Exchange of the spirit but weaker; would you put Needle Worm at 2? Instant Fusion is sort of like Magical Scientist but weaker; would you put Instant Fusion at 2? If they made and promptly banned a card that was identical to Summoned Skull except that it had an effect saying that you won the duel when you Summoned it, would Summoned Skull belong at 2 for being a weaker version of it?

Being sort-of-like-a-banned-card-except-weaker is completely and utterly meaningless in terms of where a card should go on the list, and it is most certainly not an instant ticket to the Semi-Limited section.

Second of all, how on earth does "I think Chaos Sorcerer belongs at 2" imply that Foolish Burial should be at 2? I am going to have to counter that chain of reasoning with the equally logical argument that I think Summoned Skull belongs at 3, which quite clearly proves that Foolish Burial belongs at 3.

that was actually rather funny:L

VK - DUELIST SHOULD THINK FOR HIMSELF!!!

also this is fine at 3, this is a -1 card, with a veriaty of uses, this if this card is causing a problem,then its the card its sending to the grave which is the actual problem

not only this but nobody would run triple foolish

Guest Chaos Pudding

Oh, lawd, this thread just slaps me on the knee!

Anyway, obviously should be at 3. The decks where it might make enough difference to be at 3 have enough other cards that they would rather run that the point becomes moot.

Vayu could use this at 3, but they would rather use Dark Grepher since they get to dump a max of 3 in one turn from hand or deck to the grave and they get a monster onto the field besides their synchro.

Zombies could run 3, but running 3 Foolish would just be stupid, they only "need" one.

Mali is good in grave, but you can only dump one, and people prefer to use D-Draw to draw some too.

As ChaosPudding said, any deck that would run 3 Foolish as other, better cards to dump, and other decks wouldn't bother running 3 since they 1) wouldn't need them or 2) don't need 3 as 2 is fine.

surprise no one mentioned dumping Dandylion, soon as the little guy hits the grave u have extra synchro material or a quick Monarch, at least how i use it

I'd like to see Foolish at 3, it's not as broken as some people make it out to be, usually the only thing i use it for is DAD build up, PSZ effect, Dandy's effect, to dump Mail, Mezuki......ok so i use it a bit, but it's still not that broken

fine fine, it could be at 3 since any competitive deck would use it only 2 at the most.

Breaker is at 3.

People who run Breaker tend to run only 2.

DD Warrior Lady is at 3.

People who run DDWL tend to run only 2.

So. What happens once Foolish hits 3?

Exactly.

inb4crabcomesalongandclaimsimbadatthegame

it's funny how when DDWL and breaker went unlimited, people immediately ran it or sided it in a ton of decks. foolish is used a lot these days though, that's why it caught my attention.

Archived