Ruling...Debateable?

400px-SpiritBurnerANPR-EN-C-1E.jpg

409px-MagicalBlastSDSC-EN-C-1E.jpg

Apparantly a judge ruled at regionals ruled that Lightsworns can use this to skip their draw phase in the event that they have no cards and thus not lose.

Magical Blast carries a similar effect' date=' but it is ruled that u CANNOT re-add this card if you have no cards left in your deck.

Discuss.

[/quote']

wrong, both can be used to not lose.

Seems fairly obvious tbh. They say instead of your normal draw you can add them to hand. This implies you need to have a card to draw to be able to use the effect. No cards in deck = no oppertunity to use the effect.

Actually, from what I see..

You lose DURING your draw phase if you have no cards in your deck.

Order:

Opponent Ends...Draw Phase begins...Effect of card in graveyard activates before you draw...

So if you put the card in your hand, you skip the draw phase, thus you don't lose.

Just my thought on it.

*gets shot*

I do belive that if there are no cards to draw from the deck (period) the duel is over at the begining of the draw phase. Spirit burner can not activate because you have no cards to draw, thus it is no longer a "normal draw phase" becasue there is nothing to draw.

This carries a simmilar ruling as pot of averice, select 5 monsters and return them to the deck. No deck = no returns because you have no deck to return the cards to.

Archived