Ally Genex Reviver looks like fun

I sence a possible Counter-Chaos deck

[align=center]reviver.jpg

If the activation of a card your Opponent controls is negated' date=' you can Special Summon this card from your hand.[/quote'][/align]

I like the fact how it has 2200ATK ;)

Its effect looks interesting, seeing as how it isnt limited to Counter Traps.

Discuss

What decks do enough negating by effects other than Counter Traps to make this not only worth running but also worth running over Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord? Nothing is coming to mind.

Also, if I'm reading this correctly, this doesn't worth with blocked Normal Summons or blocked Special Summons by Summon Monster Effects. That means that, if you Solemn a Judgment Dragoon or do something similar, this has to stay in your hand.

What decks do enough negating by effects other than Counter Traps to make this not only worth running but also worth running over Van'Dalgyon the Dark Dragon Lord? Nothing is coming to mind.

The effect of it doesnt require you to use Counter Traps. You simply have to negate the activation of something.

Stardust Dragon would be lulz with this.

And I'm pretty sure if your Opponent activated a card effect, and then you chained Forbidden Challace to it, thus negating it, I would assume you can Special Summon this.

The effect of it doesnt require you to use Counter Traps. You simply have to negate the activation of something.

That's why I specifically said "negating by effects other than Counter Traps". If all your negating is done by Counter Traps' date=' you use Van'Dalgyon instead of this. And even Van'Dalgyon is rather situational, despite being way bigger, having extra bonus effects, and being Level 8 for Trade-In.

Eh, still seems less than worthwhile.

And I'm pretty sure if your Opponent activated a card effect' date=' and then you chained Forbidden Challace to it, thus negating it, I would assume you can Special Summon this.

[/quote']

Doesn't work. This card only works if you negate the effect's activation. Forbidden Chalice, Skill Drain, and so on do not negate the effect's activation; they just negate the effect.

That's why I specifically said "negating by effects other than Counter Traps". If all your negating is done by Counter Traps' date=' you use Van'Dalgyon instead of this. And even Van'Dalgyon is rather situational, despite being way bigger, having extra bonus effects, and being Level 8 for Trade-In.

Eh, still seems less than worthwhile.

And I'm pretty sure if your Opponent activated a card effect' date=' and then you chained Forbidden Challace to it, thus negating it, I would assume you can Special Summon this.

[/quote']

Doesn't work. This card only works if you negate the effect's activation. Forbidden Chalice, Skill Drain, and so on do not negate the effect's activation; they just negate the effect.

Ehhh, thats true.

I wonder if you can stack this card's effect o_o

Either that, or its always nice to have more Vandalgyon-esque effects ;)

So I can summon it when Darius summons a glad beast with a trigger effect?

I don't think so. Darius just says the monster's effect is negated' date=' while this requires an activation to occur and be negated.

[/quote']

If darius summons a murmillo or bestiari then their effects still activate. If murmillo targets spirit reaper then spirit reper's effect kills itself afterward.

Guest PikaPerson01

Well' date=' it may be worse than Van'Dalygon and voltanis, but it still is useful because it doesn't require a counter trap, just any negation.

[/quote']

According to lolYVD, the only cards that have 'negate the activation' on them that aren't counter traps are:

Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins

A-Team Trap Disposal Unit

Big Shield Gardna

By Order of the Emperor

Dark Paladin

Fushioh Richie

Gemini Imps

Gladiator Beast Heraklinos

Gravekeepers Watcher

Great Dezard

Herald of Green/Orange/Purple Light

Horus LV8

Core Chimera Guardian

Majestic Star Dragon

Maryokutai

Mid Shield Gardna

My Body as a Shield

Phoenix Gearfried

Royal Command

Royal Surrender

Sorceror of Dark Magic

Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode

Thought Ruler Archfiend

Tytannial, Princess of Camelias

White Night Dragon

Exact playability of each card is dependent on the reader. Looks like it might have a chance at being playable in Glads (who have 3x Chariot and 3x Heraklinos), but I'd think Glads would have better cards to main before they became desperate enough to run this.

So I can summon it when Darius summons a glad beast with a trigger effect?

I don't think so. Darius just says the monster's effect is negated' date=' while this requires an activation to occur and be negated.

[/quote']

If darius summons a murmillo or bestiari then their effects still activate. If murmillo targets spirit reaper then spirit reper's effect kills itself afterward.

Yes, but the activation of their effect is not negated; only the effect is negated. This seems the same as the Forbidden Chalice issue.

Archived