my cards

card maker55

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

What's wrong? What's wrong?

That would start with the way they're posted. There is never, ever, ever a reason to use attachments on this forum; the only reason they're here is because YCMaker hasn't gotten around to getting rid of them.

Then we move on to the card names. You can't even spell the names right. They're titles; you have to capitalize the important words.

Moving down to the Levels, I really can't see a four-star monster having four thousand ATK. Your cards are already mind-breaking monstrosities at this point.

Then the pictures. They're obviously official art and don't even vaguely resemble Yu-Gi-Oh!'s art style. They're low-resolution and have awful backgrounds. "shadow sonic"'s picture even contains a divisive background, proving that it's simply showing two screens at once. This only shows that you were lazy in finding them and couldn't be bothered to fix them up.

You even managed to screw up the circulation. "First Edition" cannot be created on the YCM, and you misspelled "Limited Edition."

You gravely misplaced the meaning of the set identifier, a datum whose syntax is blindingly obvious to anyone who so much as glances at a Yu-Gi-Oh! card out of a booster pack.

Your Types obviously don't exist and aren't capitalized. There is no good reason for a hedgehog to be a Divine-Beast anyway, and it's very obvious to anyone who plays the game that "air" has never been used as a Type in the history of the game.

The worst part may be the effects. Their total butchering of the English language is so awful that I know from experience that six-year-olds have a better grasp of the language than you. The syntax for "shadow sonic"'s not-effect is so random I don't know what abyss of bad grammar you could have possibly dredged it out of. "sonic"'s effect, meanwhile, manages to be even worse — I really don't know what to say here, except that, as I stated before, I know full well that six-year-olds could easily do better. The most horrifying part of these effects, though, is that they could technically mean something in the context of the game — and therefore leaves the stats inexcusable.

"sonic" — a four-star-monster with no Summoning requirement — has the same stats as ten-star, three-Tribute-requiring God monster "Obelisk the Tormentor." Meanwhile, "shadow sonic" has 140% more ATK than the two most powerful and impractical Fusion Monsters the game has to offer — "Master of Dragon Soldier" and "Five God Dragon." It is Summoned in turn by using two monsters that, if "shadow" will be as broken as "sonic", are in themselves supernaturally powerful and almost guaranteed to win the player an easy game.

So, yes, that is what's wrong.

If this step-by-step flame motivates you to stop running off crazed whims and impulses for a while, while you figure out how to actually play the game and make proper, balanced cards that require effort to make, then good for you. If it motivates you to leave these forums and never return, so be it. However, do expect these cards to be regularly displayed as some of the worst ever made — simply because they are.

And if you simply dismiss this critical rant with some syntactically warped variation on "I don't have to listen to you because you're mean," then you've proven yourself to be one of the most idiotic creatures ever to walk this earth.

Archived