I think I mentionned it somewhere [Archlord Kristya]

I've always wanted to do some sort of card review. I'm not sure if I can do this here.

ArchlordKristyaSOVR-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

If you have exactly 4 Fairy-Type monsters in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When you do, add 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. Neither player can Special Summon monsters. If this face-up card would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, it returns to the top of the owner's Deck, instead.

Artwork

I like the art on this. It has that ring in the background that reminds me of the envoys. It also looks like what you'd expect from an Archlord. They could have done a better job with his face but I guess it's still ok. Love the wings and the nice choice of colors.

Let's look at the effects.

-If you have exactly 4 Fairy-Type monsters in your Graveyard,

Not that hard to acheive.

-you can Special Summon this card from your hand.

Which is good. I can't beleive the number of cards that were killed with the impossibility to summon it easily.

-When you do, add 1 Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

Let's be Honest, you'll probably be recycling Honest with that effect.

-Neither player can Special Summon monsters.

So this thing has a built in anti-meta effect.

-If this face-up card would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, it returns to the top of the owner's Deck, instead.

This could be bad if you can't reuse it when your opponent kills it but, it can also make this thing pretty annoying.

Playability

This thing is good. It has a special summon condition but you can also summon her normally with 2 tributes and you can revive her easily with cards like Call of the Haunted or Athena. Strong stats, 2800/2300, with that it is going to be hard to kill her since it prevents special summons. You can add her to Lightsworns since they run a good amount of fairies. It's also good in Counter Fairy since it gives you better control of the field by preventing special summons. You can run her in Fatty Fairies since lv.8 makes this Trade In food.

And I guess this is where you start talking about the stuff I missed.

Archived