With Black Wings, we ascend towards the Heavens! [Silverwind the Ascendant]

Blackwing-SilverwindtheAscendantSOVR-EN-UR-1E.png

1 "Blackwing" Tuner Monster + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can select and destroy up to 2 face-up monsters on the field with DEF lower than this card's ATK. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. The next time a "Blackwing" monster you control would be destroyed by battle during your opponent's turn, it is not destroyed; this effect only happens once.

Seeing how Blackfeather Dragon has been revealed, let us discuss the other Level 8 Blackwing!

Yes, I know, BF Dragon is technically not a BW.

Also, Bonus Question! Who would you play, this or Blackfaliure, I mean, Blackfeather Dragon?

Shame it's near enough unsummonable in a standard blackwing deck. It's actually not that bad in a monarch deck that plays gale though.

Gale + Frog + Level 4 = This

Gale + Monarch that's had it's level decreased by level eater + Level Eater also = this

this:

you can select and destroy up to 2 face-up monsters...

plus

this:

The effect is meh

what

the

funk

is

wrong

with

this

game

when

this

is

true?

whatever happened to cards that forced you to nuke two or none at all? whatever happened to cards that were good because they let you kill one card? what the funk is wrong with this game?

sheet like this makes me rage quit so hard.

Gale + Monarch that's had it's level decreased by level eater + Level Eater also = this

That only works properly if either the Monarch has had its level decreased twice by Level Eater or the Monarch is Zaborg.

That's what I wrote. To clarify I meant level eater in grave.

Shame it's near enough unsummonable in a standard blackwing deck. It's actually not that bad in a monarch deck that plays gale though.

Gale + Frog + Level 4 = This

The only Monarch that works with is Zaborg, who nobody runs.

Try this:

-Special Summon Gust the Adverse Wind

-Activate Black Whirlwind

-Summon Kalut, add Gale or Breeze

-Special Summon what you added

Silverwind is okay, but the Limitations are too great to make him as powerful as the other two.

this:

plus

this:

The effect is meh

what

the

f***

is

wrong

with

this

game

when

this

is

true?

whatever happened to cards that forced you to nuke two or none at all? whatever happened to cards that were good because they let you kill one card? what the f*** is wrong with this game?

s*** like this makes me rage quit so hard.

Exactly, It shoulda had a gatling dragon sorta eff. Nobody is gonna -2 Themselves for this and use its effect to not attack. I'd rather gale + beat them down. Its a shame that it had to be 2 or more non-tuners because who is gonna play this over other lvl 8 synch's .. I guess if its SUPER situational. and His second eff is also really bland. IMO, they wasted the art.

Also' date=' Bonus Question! Who would you play, this or Blackfaliure, I mean, Blackfeather Dragon?

[/quote']

Honestly, the effect of Blackfeather Dragon has more to it than this card's second effect and just slightly less than it's first. Plus, any materials. In Blackwing, this; otherwise, has to be Blackfeather.

then your saying Road Warrior sucks wait he does! If Vayu could use 2 monsters in the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon this could be a practical card but no it isn't.

Vayu is not a Synchro Summon. Just ask the rules.

Also' date=' Bonus Question! Who would you play, this or Blackfaliure, I mean, Blackfeather Dragon?

[/quote']

Honestly, the effect of Blackfeather Dragon has more to it than this card's second effect and just slightly less than it's first. Plus, any materials. In Blackwing, this; otherwise, has to be Blackfeather.

then your saying Road Warrior sucks wait he does! If Vayu could use 2 monsters in the Graveyard for a Synchro Summon this could be a practical card but no it isn't.

Vayu is not a Synchro Summon. Just ask the rules.

That is news to me. It could be used in a BW/Monarch Deck sort of it has a similar effect to the Monarchs mostly Kuraz. I am running a copy of these just for certain occasions.

this:

plus

this:

The effect is meh

what

the

f***

is

wrong

with

this

game

when

this

is

true?

whatever happened to cards that forced you to nuke two or none at all? whatever happened to cards that were good because they let you kill one card? what the f*** is wrong with this game?

Because on YCM, balanced cards=bad cards.

that's not ycm' date=' that's this f***ing game. a game that's too fast for a guy like this is downright f***ed up.

[/quote']

oh how i miss thinking that blowback dragon was good

i don't play with blackwings, and i don't like blackwings at all. therefore, i don't like the card already. If silverfag meh in BW, oh well, that's one less card to worry about.

that's not ycm' date=' that's this f***ing game. a game that's too fast for a guy like this is downright f***ed up.

[/quote']

oh how i miss thinking that blowback dragon was good

i don't play with blackwings, and i don't like blackwings at all. therefore, i don't like the card already. If silverfag meh in BW, oh well, that's one less card to worry about.

Unneeded insult of an unneeded Blackwing. Too hard to play if you could play it with 1 non-Tuner I see hope in playing it but no, Konami didn't want to make a broken addition to my Blackwing Deck. Opponent goes first they play a monster. Your like I play Siroc and Gale synchro yes!

It's a synchro that is meant for a pure BW deck rather than a hybrid deck and carries more of a late game presence then an early game presence. It's not splashable and it's not a fast card that grants the type of advantage you want in comparison to other cards.

Best way to summon this card in a pure BW deck is Blizzard to revive Fane then SS Bora. Not the most ideal situation you want and it's a 1 trick pony but it does grant immediate field advantage, a 2800 beat stick, and protection for a BW monster for 1 turn. It's not completely useless but it's not omgwtf overpowered that everyone expects from cards nowadays. 2800 ATK means it collides with Goyo but unlike Goyo this guy has Kalut to help out. It can be dealt with by common cards like Brionac, PWBB, or CED but it a worse case scenario you could always chain Icarus Attack and take out 2 of your opponents cards.

The protection is only a bonus and doubtful you will be using it but it's presence alone means your opponent has to deal with it somehow by either getting rid of this card or just having to use up that effect. Not the greatest synchro or BW synchro but still has its uses in a very specific build.

/rage

they need to update the banlists every 3 months. 6 is too much. it would help balance out this game, hopefully.

for the record, it also bothers me that a -2 is unacceptable for a 2800 beater with a psuedo-monarchian effect. once more, games too funking fast.

Only really useful if you use Vayu. With out him he is to much of a pain to summon.

/rage

they need to update the banlists every 3 months. 6 is too much. it would help balance out this game' date=' hopefully.

[/quote']

Updating it every 1 month wouldn't help if the right cards don't get banned. So long as idiots make the list the game will always be unbalanced.

this:

plus

this:

The effect is meh

what

the

f***

is

wrong

with

this

game

when

this

is

true?

someone who feels my feelings T_T,

u know these times ppl want a card that nukes the field, this is the only card that is "good".

1, 2, 3, are "bad"

stupid game

on topic: this card may see play with the release of the new BWs, since they are all Lv3-

also, the last thing we need is another easy to summon BW synchro, master and armed wing are F***n enough, don't break the game more than that.

Archived