Time Seal vs Drop Off

Because Time Seal doesn't let the opponent use their card at all whereas Drop Off puts it into the grave, where it can possibly be used. Plus, if the card drawn is a Quick-Play, you can activate it. Locking Draw is worse than discarding draw.

Drop Off used to be limited, but it fell out of use, so it's not as bad anymore. Most people don't really run it, anyway.

time seal wont be band forever. phoenix wing and riaza kind of cards are already a time seal plus it removes your opponents cards from the field. time seal isnt that bad of a card, its just a weaker version of phoenix wing wind blast except without a cost. although the effect is okay, the band list will just increase over time and i dont think konami wants a very large band list so they might take time seal off eventually over time. they will also take budderfly dagger off too becuz they will be smart enough to just change the effect until the end phase like they change the effects of all of thier cards. they changed mirror force, bazo the soul eater, skull lair, even junk warrior (they change that card fast, the starter deck one works on the whole field while the pack one is only your side of the field), ect, i think they will be smart enough to change butterfly dagger too so it will only work on the end phase.

and along with that they might even be smart enought to change all band cards effects in a special type of card set so everyone will know what the new effects would be (mainly just the old cards like snatch steal, fiber jar, ect ones)(they just need to put very bad costs to them(its better then having a band list(just change the cards effects, then make a new band list from there))).

More importantly' date=' using that logic Spiritualism is the most broken card in the game.

[/quote']

But I thought Super Polymerization was the most broken card in the game...

time seal wont be band forever. phoenix wing and riaza kind of cards are already a time seal plus it removes your opponents cards from the field. time seal isnt that bad of a card' date=' its just a weaker version of phoenix wing wind blast except without a cost. although the effect is okay, the band list will just increase over time and i dont think konami wants a very large band list so they might take time seal off eventually over time. they will also take budderfly dagger off too becuz they will be smart enough to just change the effect until the end phase like they change the effects of all of thier cards. they changed mirror force, bazo the soul eater, skull lair, even junk warrior (they change that card fast, the starter deck one works on the whole field while the pack one is only your side of the field), ect, i think they will be smart enough to change butterfly dagger too so it will only work on the end phase.

and along with that they might even be smart enought to change all band cards effects in a special type of card set so everyone will know what the new effects would be (mainly just the old cards like snatch steal, fiber jar, ect ones)(they just need to put very bad costs to them(its better then having a band list(just change the cards effects, then make a new band list from there))).

[/quote']

They don't CHANGE the card effect, they just change the wording a bit. It keeps the same effect. Mirror Force used to say it negates the attack and destroys all monsters in ATK position. Well, 99.9% of cards attack while in attack position, so they saved some ink on the reprints by getting rid of the unnecessary wording. In exchange, Total Defense Shogun's attack doesn't get stopped by Mirror Force anymore. Aslla Piscu used to nuke all monsters, but it's been changed to only faceup ones. This was all done very soon after its release, but they wont change banned cards' effects to make them less broken. What's done is done for those cards.

In most errata cases, it was probably a mistake on the original card, like Junk Warrior's from your example. There's no way they'll redo the entire effect on cards that have been released for YEARS. It'll cause way too much confusion and it'll cause havoc at tournaments if people aren't using the redone versions of the cards. No one with any sense will redo a dozen+ well-known card effects and keep the same name.

Example: Lets reprint "Raigeki" and have its new effect be: "Discard 3 cards. Destroy all monsters on your opponent's field." Then we can unban it. Have fun trying to get people to understand what you just did.

well infernalqueen archfiend from DCR071 effect doesnt end while the one from some other pack as a common lasts until the end phase, and i dont think the common one came from a short period of time after the DCR pack. mirror force now means infernity guardian, aegis of the ocean dragon lord, divine grace northwemko archfiend zombie skull and other cards ect basicly arent stoppable by mirror force, negating one attack mean alot. anyways i dont care what konomi does but im sure changing card effects a tiny bit wont hurt. becuz for one thing years from now i dont want to look at a band list with 100+ cards. infernity gun is most likely the next limited card.

As I remember' date=' time seal only went one format before being banned.

Noob:I activate Drop Off!!!

Player:I discard Reign-Beaux-Overlord of Dark World!!! I destroy all your stuff!!!

Noob: *goes and cries*

[/quote']

Why is the player who doesn't run Reign-Beaux the one labeled a n00b?

Good point...

Archived